Women, etc.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
:tape2:
yer hang in there i had the same with some women getting to know lately they suddenly seem keen then i think better offer comes up so they have me on the backburner just in case. Well i suppose two can play that games cause like they say dont put all youre eggs in one basket.

While this other chick is making excuses she suddenly busy im meeting up with another women on fri see were it goes. If they can be bothered to even make the time to see if you click and make excuses are far as im concerned then there not worth my time. If i wanted the headache of lots of games i would dating chicks who are 18-25
Yeah, it's not all one sided for sure. I found that. You make contact, going ok and then bang, like they dropped off the face of the earth. In todays day and age with social media and 7 million forms of messaging it's a bit hard to claim "Oh, I missed your message..."
Hach and bardynt, I'm with you. There no excuse for courtesy. A quick "Hey, it's not working" or if it's genuine "Hey I'm really busy but will ring" goes a long way.... I think when you meet the right person it all falls into place though. Camo and I can vouch for that.... Well Camo can't as he's not on Rotorburn anymore..... :heh: I'd like to clarify I didn't specifically mean Camo and I together....

Last edited:

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd like to clarify I didn't specifically mean Camo and I together....
The closet door is made of all kinds of wood my friend, you're in a safe space...

Haha yeah, we're now going on nearly 2 days, still nothing. Has viewed my snapchat though... so 'phone lost/broke' excuse is gone.

Courtesy is massive in my books though- why would you think of someone as a prospective partner when them not replying essentially translates to 'hey, you weren't worth 5 seconds of my life to text sorry can't make it'.

Minlak

custom titis
The closet door is made of all kinds of wood my friend, you're in a safe space...

Haha yeah, we're now going on nearly 2 days, still nothing. Has viewed my snapchat though... so 'phone lost/broke' excuse is gone.

Courtesy is massive in my books though- why would you think of someone as a prospective partner when them not replying essentially translates to 'hey, you weren't worth 5 seconds of my life to text sorry can't make it'.
Herpes makes a man do terrible things

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn

I wasn't sure if Camo was ready yet is all....
I agree 100%. I think this person isn't worth 5 seconds of YOUR life. Another great thing about Social Media. Dumb people make terrible stalkers.... Although I am interested to know if they can come up with a good excuse as to why they can view your snapchat but not text....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Herpes makes a man do terrible things
Indeed it does...my friend Jimmy can vouch for that.

5 seconds is a very long time. Did you want him to text you twice?

bardynt

Back in his day.....
:tape2:

Yeah, it's not all one sided for sure. I found that. You make contact, going ok and then bang, like they dropped off the face of the earth. In todays day and age with social media and 7 million forms of messaging it's a bit hard to claim "Oh, I missed your message..."
Hach and bardynt, I'm with you. There no excuse for courtesy. A quick "Hey, it's not working" or if it's genuine "Hey I'm really busy but will ring" goes a long way.... I think when you meet the right person it all falls into place though. Camo and I can vouch for that.... Well Camo can't as he's not on Rotorburn anymore..... :heh: I'd like to clarify I didn't specifically mean Camo and I together....
I think got to do with the technology as well. Have a look at people the way they treat there loved ones always hooked on technology, rather than talking to each other on the same table. What they dont realise if they want to get to know someone they cant just dissepear and expect them to be sitting waiting patienly why they do everything else them come back.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maybe to much clothing in the snap chat was the problem? :noidea: how you kids do things these days....
Haha it was a Story style snap - so you would only post what you wanted everyone to see anyone! I think it was a shot of the mosburger I ate yesterday :noidea:

Can I pass the baton now? Thanks though Farkin team :yo:

Minlak

custom titis
Haha it was a Story style snap - so you would only post what you wanted everyone to see anyone! I think it was a shot of the mosburger I ate yesterday :noidea:

Can I pass the baton now? Thanks though Farkin team :yo:
Whoa.... we will need closure. This is the closest most of us get to a real girl you cant just ask us to move on :love:

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hahah right, is this going to turn into an 'Ask HachBee' thing? Does this need it's own thread bahahahaha

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
When in a restaurant, stack phones on the table facing down on silent, first to check their phone pays the bill.

So funny to watch.
When we (wifey and I) go out for dinner or something I leave the phone at home. Works a treat. But I still have to pay the bill.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
I'm noticing once one person jumps on their phone in a group, everyone else does like it's suddenly ok. Make a comment on it and just get looked at like I must have been joking.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
This thread kinda got buried, but thought I'd bring it back with a bit of an update.

Been dating a lot over the last 6 months, mostly through Tinder (this might be my problem… but, I digress). Been going on dates at least once a week, occassionally twice a week. Out of those I've had a couple of excellent dates, some good ones and some bad ones. I went on a date with a 38 year old woman because I thought it would be fun, and it was, and I had a trial by fire experience when a girl invited me to her work drinks as a first date (didn't realise it was a proper function until I turned up and had to meet and talk with everyone). I've definitely broadened my comfort zone and feel a lot more confident in the dating scene, but I'm also getting real tired of doing the 1st or 2nd dates and things going nowhere.

I had a few good leads, but they ended up going nowhere. The latest, and most recently ended, we actually decided to be bf/gf but then she changed her mind after a week saying that I surprised her and 'we didn't have enough in common.' The one before that, we went on 5 or 6 dates, but she was very hot/cold and going through some shit, so I cut it off.

Is it too much to ask for some sort of commitment/to be exclusive after 5 dates/1-2months dating?! Am I sabotaging things by only selecting from the Tinder pool, or is that just the way it goes these days? I don't think it's too much to go on 5 dates with someone and have an idea of whether or not you want to continue seeing them exclusively.

I'm back out there anyway, went to a gig with a girl last weekend and had a great time, but didn't feel like anything special. Maybe I should have a break and focus on my own stuff.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
This thread kinda got buried, but thought I'd bring it back with a bit of an update.

Been dating a lot over the last 6 months, mostly through Tinder (this might be my problem… but, I digress). Been going on dates at least once a week, occassionally twice a week. Out of those I've had a couple of excellent dates, some good ones and some bad ones. I went on a date with a 38 year old woman because I thought it would be fun, and it was, and I had a trial by fire experience when a girl invited me to her work drinks as a first date (didn't realise it was a proper function until I turned up and had to meet and talk with everyone). I've definitely broadened my comfort zone and feel a lot more confident in the dating scene, but I'm also getting real tired of doing the 1st or 2nd dates and things going nowhere.

I had a few good leads, but they ended up going nowhere. The latest, and most recently ended, we actually decided to be bf/gf but then she changed her mind after a week saying that I surprised her and 'we didn't have enough in common.' The one before that, we went on 5 or 6 dates, but she was very hot/cold and going through some shit, so I cut it off.

Is it too much to ask for some sort of commitment/to be exclusive after 5 dates/1-2months dating?! Am I sabotaging things by only selecting from the Tinder pool, or is that just the way it goes these days? I don't think it's too much to go on 5 dates with someone and have an idea of whether or not you want to continue seeing them exclusively.

I'm back out there anyway, went to a gig with a girl last weekend and had a great time, but didn't feel like anything special. Maybe I should have a break and focus on my own stuff.
How old are you? I may not be the best source of info on the contemporary dating scene, I've been with my wife over for over 20 loooooong years, but buy observing the young folk at work, it seems the average attention span of 20 somethings is about 30 seconds. Even or receptionist, who married her boyfriend of 2 years at 21 was divorced after 6 months. I think tinder and the like IS the problem, free meal...swipe...next free meal. 5 or 6 dates from tinder seems like a long term relationship.

I don't really have an alternative for you, I've a sneaking suspicion that they're fishing for the next one, during your dates....tried Ashley Madison?