Women, etc.

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Atleast you couldn't be a let down in person with the first letter :p

I sent a couple of messages out before I got bored of whatever site it was
Shrieking violet recommended, funnily enough the one I wrote when I was intoxicated and in a "who cares" mood got me a response, and a facebook add, however she doesn't live anywhere near here so I'm safe haha, another advantage of the pub I guess.

Went out tonight to have a couple of drinks and watch a band, band was good, cute south American girl in the crowd was good too, that's where I fail badly...

Bit of background, I was homeschooled and raised by strict Christian parents so I led a very sheltered life, biggest downside to that was when most 15 (or 14, or 13yos) were in school "interacting" with people of the opposite sex and learning social skills, I was at home drawing, painting, breeding chickens, playing piano, riding bikes and in general not socializing, I remember making my first real friends just before I turned 16 (i had freinds before that but only from church and I didnt have any interests in common with them) so I hadn't realized what I was missing, then I started to realise how sheltered I had been, now iv moved sufficiently far away from home to do as I like I realized I have no idea how one is supposed to behave in a club ect, so I just sit out of the way and keep to myself, it's easiest, works fine until a girl sets her sights on me, then it's smiles n winks, which i notice but don't know how to respond to, then if she's persistent you get accidental bumping ect, again no idea what I should/shouldn't say/do, sometimes I'll move to a different spot to see if it was actualy accidental, in the case of the girl tonight she turned up 3 times. It wouldn't be a problem if you could talk but it's always so loud inside that you would have to yell just to say hi, let alone conduct a conversation, so I just sit there and smile

Does everyone just get pissed till they don't care who they go home with and take pot luck or something? As seemed the case with a fair few guys and a couple of the girls
I find just talking, even if it's small talk is enough to get the ball rolling.Be happy, go with the flow seems to be fine for me. Even if you just get her number, you can call them later.. Ask her if she wants a drink, or if she wants to dance **only if you can :p**.

/beer-helped advice

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sometimes things can be taken out of context - i think it's reasonable to hang up rather than escalate a fight that may damage things unnecessarily.

personally, i'd send a text tonight saying something along the lines of "how about we have a good long chat about this tomorrow?" or you know, asap but make a time and stick to it.

most mainstream women have a very media-fuelled assumption as to what constitutes "romance".
Considering her phone is usually turned off because she can't be bothered charging it that plan probably wont work and the mainstream "media-fueled" comment is sort of irrelevant..

eh, i love her, i'll see her tomorrow and talk about it.. but its a meh moment and shit moves on. We've only had one fight in two years - and we laughed about it the second we sorted it out.. It was just an annoying, unwarranted comment in my eyes..

All will be solved.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
and the mainstream "media-fueled" comment is sort of irrelevant..
well considering that you posted that her telling you that you weren't romantic enough was the crux of your problem? could/do you want to expand on why you think she said that?

glad you'll be able to sort it tho. :) that's the main thing.

Last edited:

Lorday

Eats Squid
Considering her phone is usually turned off because she can't be bothered charging it that plan probably wont work and the mainstream "media-fueled" comment is sort of irrelevant..

eh, i love her, i'll see her tomorrow and talk about it.. but its a meh moment and shit moves on. We've only had one fight in two years - and we laughed about it the second we sorted it out.. It was just an annoying, unwarranted comment in my eyes..

All will be solved.
Romance - embarrass, suprise and flattery.
Turn up to her work, unannouced, well dressed with some flowers and tell her she looks cute in her work outfit. Seriously, make the girl blush, whether it be corny and cliche or just plain stupid, its always fun to do... worse case is you look like an idiot and laugh it off.

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ah romance. Speaking of romance it is not too long until Valentines Day. Time to make ammends for being a complete prick at times towards your special someone or to pluck up the courage to annonymously send a soft toy/helium balloon/card/underwear/sex toy bearing a romantic message to someone way out of your league and further inflate his or her ego.

S.

ex offender
Ah romance. Speaking of romance it is not too long until Valentines Day. Time to make ammends for being a complete prick at times towards your special someone or to pluck up the courage to annonymously send a soft toy/helium balloon/card/underwear/sex toy bearing a romantic message to someone way out of your league and further inflate his or her ego.
ahahaha probably the best summary of Valentines Day I've seen so far.

downhillar

Likes Dirt
so speaking of being romantic ...

does anyone know of some kind of adult board game or dice game etc something along those lines?
i googled around but i didn't really want to shell out $50 for a deck of cards from the USA..
it doesn't have to be bought or anything, could just be a naked version of another game. i'm trying to think of my own but short of naked twister i can't come up with anything too exciting..

Registered Nutcase

Likes Bikes and Dirt
so speaking of being romantic ...

does anyone know of some kind of adult board game or dice game etc something along those lines?
i googled around but i didn't really want to shell out $50 for a deck of cards from the USA..
it doesn't have to be bought or anything, could just be a naked version of another game. i'm trying to think of my own but short of naked twister i can't come up with anything too exciting..
Have you even gone to a sex shop?

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheese Fondue, the light cast by a Lava Lamp, a plastic tarpaulin, 1 litre of Baby Oil and this soundtrack will guarantee you a Valentines Day to remember

[video=youtube;iE-Okqna4sQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE-Okqna4sQ&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:

Cypher

Likes Dirt
So I just hung up on my girlfriend after she called me 'not a romantic person'

We've been going out for almost two years - in that time I've learnt a lot.. including - I would think - how to be 'romantic'.
Ah ha ha! So funny. My partner is not "romantic" - he is the least sentimental person I know. We've been together for 8 years. He cares deeply and listens well though. I have had one bunch of flowers from him. Ever.

Romantic in the traditional sense is someone given over to being overly emotional - and not quite rational. Prone to all sorts of tradgedies. Think bi-polar - big ups and downs. Who wants a person to be like that? How exhausting.

I think you were right in hanging up. Don't enable behaviour you don't want in you relationship - it is a form of emotional blackmail. Set your boundaries.

However if you are uncaring and don't listen well, that may be where the 'un-romatic' label is coming from. It is awful being with someone who just doesn't really commit or care. That you are a passing fad.

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
no, i just told you, i looked at online sites and all i could find was decks of cards.
Going to a sex shop and looking online are two very different things.
Hit a shop, there's heaps of games. Hell even the bigger lingerie shops carry a selection of adult themed games for hens nights etc.

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
(female)Friends younger, but still legal, sister wants it.
A) go it, and run the risk of her and her family finding out > certain death/hate

B) Run!

Serious question too... Shes a cool girl, but do I dare?:confused:

J

JaRedy

(female)Friends younger, but still legal, sister wants it.
A) go it, and run the risk of her and her family finding out > certain death/hate

B) Run!

Serious question too... Shes a cool girl, but do I dare?:confused:
By all means, but ofcourse, gotta marry her first.

In all seriousness though, I figure you arent dating her? And she is the sister of a friend... Personally that is a blatant NO. Like why... it's not even nescessary, and seems like you would have a very awkward/heated/upset conversation with your friend if/once they find out.

You could always...like, start dating her? Or commit yourself to a life or abstinence. Choice is yours.

Last edited by a moderator:

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
By all means, but ofcourse, gotta marry her first.

In all seriousness though, I figure you arent dating her? And she is the sister of a friend... Personally that is a blatant NO. Like why... it's not even nescessary, and seems like you would have a very awkward/heated/upset conversation with your friend if/once they find out.

You could always...like, start dating her? Or commit yourself to a life or abstinence. Choice is yours.

See, theres some serious guilty attraction going on. I'm almost certain nothing could ever come of it if we did anything, but heck! Ya only live once!

I still dunno :S

Norco Maniac

Is back!
See, theres some serious guilty attraction going on. I'm almost certain nothing could ever come of it if we did anything, but heck! Ya only live once!

I still dunno :S
don't go there. the sex may last an hour or a few times, but the friendships won't survive when it all comes out.

which do you value most?

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
don't go there. the sex may last an hour or a few times, but the friendships won't survive when it all comes out.

which do you value most?
In all honesty... the friendship has dwindled in recent times anyway. Never see each other, and when we do shes a bit of an uppity douche. She's family friends with two of my best mates (how I met her in the first place) and her parents are totally entrenched in the gossip circle around here. I'm beginning to think if I did it, it would be out of spite. I might still do it...

an hour !??! Is that even possible
They call me Mr. Stamina.