World Championships - Val di Sole DH Seeding

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
<object width='480' height='288'><param name='movie' value='http://play.freecaster.com/v3/FCPlayer.swf?id=cEtleT0yJmFwSUQ9MTAwMDAwNiZjSUQ9MTAwNTExMSZlSUQ9MTAwMDA2OSZ4aXRpSUQ9MTM='/><param name='FlashVars' value='autoplay=0' /><embed src='http://play.freecaster.com/v3/FCPlayer.swf?id=cEtleT0yJmFwSUQ9MTAwMDAwNiZjSUQ9MTAwNTExMSZlSUQ9MTAwMDA2OSZ4aXRpSUQ9MTM=' width='480' height='288' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' allowFullScreen='true' Flashvars='autoplay=0'/></object>

Elite Men
1. Gee Atherton - 3:24.81
2. Greg Minnaar - 3:28.52
3. Justin Leov - 3:29.95
4. Sam Hill - 3:32.32
5. Sam Blenkinsop - 3:35.72
9. Chris Kovarik - 3:40.54
13. Nathan rennie - 3:43.70
25. Bryn Atkinson - 3:49.21
31. Mitch Delfs - 3:53.97
46. Will Rischbieth - 4:00.75
58. Jared Rando - 4:05.95
96. Amiel Cavalier - 6:44.79

Elite Women
1. Rachel Atherton - 4:05.72
2. Emmeline Ragot - 4:16.14
3. Sabrina Jonnier - 4:22.16
4. Floriane Pugin - 4:31.75
5. Scarlett Hagen - 4:38.50

Junior Men
1. Rëmi Thirion - 3:43.16
2. Josh Bryceland - 3:44.18
3. Brook Macdonald - 3:48.58
5. Shaun O'Connor - 3:52.66
12. Rhys Willemse - 3:58.70
23. Tamryn Murrell - 4:08.67
24. Tom Patton - 4:10.89
25. Dylan Prohm - 4:11.18
59. Matt Vincent - 5:12.63

Junior Women
1. Anais Pajot - 4:38.53
2. Mëlanie Pugin - 5:03.92
3. Caroline Buchanan - 5:15.44

Full Seeding Results can be found here

Last edited:

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Interesting qualifying list. I wonder how much tactics are going on with some of the big names qualifying further down the list. Either Gee was absolutely flying, or everyone else wanted to play their cards pretty sneaky...

Barel who is usually a favourite for the worlds qualified in 33rd.

The plot thickens!

scblack

Leucocholic
Tactics for qualifying is a much bigger factor at the World Champs because there is no points for qualifying higher, as there is in a World Cup round.

Many may be placing themselves down the list hoping for weather issues for later riders.

Steff

Squid
From the MTBA site:

Australian Team for 2008 UCI MTB World Championships - UPDATE
Friday, May 23, 2008

DH Elite Women
Sarsha Huntington (Bulimba, QLD 22.08.1983) DH
Emma McNaughton (New Lambton, NSW 30.01.1983) DH
Claire Whiteman (Conder, ACT 05.09.1978) DH

Jaybies_Can_Crash

Likes Dirt
I talked to Claire in the bike shop a couple of days ago, she said that she didn't get enough notice to round up the funds and get over there.

scblack

Leucocholic
From the MTBA site:

Australian Team for 2008 UCI MTB World Championships - UPDATE
Friday, May 23, 2008

DH Elite Women
Sarsha Huntington (Bulimba, QLD 22.08.1983) DH
Emma McNaughton (New Lambton, NSW 30.01.1983) DH
Claire Whiteman (Conder, ACT 05.09.1978) DH
OK, cheers.:)

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Mitch Delfs' split time is up there! Yeah boy!!

Shaun looks like he might come through with some high placings!

But if the timing is correct... Look out for Joseph Smith!!!! 24seconds for the bottom split!! thats 20sec faster than Miami Bryce and Remi!!

*and thats still faster than any elite.... by 15sec..... cant be right........ can it??

Last edited:

cozwa

Likes Dirt
they should just give out the names not the times...bit more suspense for the punters...looks like there's plenty of games going on through the list caint wait for the final...... Blenkinsop could he do it
Kovarik and Rennie positioned nicely

BUT REALLY CMON STEVE PEAT PUTS US OUT OF MISERY AND WIN ONE OF THESE THINGS:D:D:D

chu

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yay brendan is 8th. jeez gee has gotten a lot more competitive this year. hopefully rennie can pull out a podium finish as with kovarik. yeah like the guy above me said. not having the times only the names would build so much more suspense. anyways should be a good race. will try and watch as much as i can with my shite internet

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
they should just give out the names not the times...bit more suspense for the punters...looks like there's plenty of games going on through the list caint wait for the final...... Blenkinsop could he do it
Kovarik and Rennie positioned nicely

BUT REALLY CMON STEVE PEAT PUTS US OUT OF MISERY AND WIN ONE OF THESE THINGS:D:D:D
The times dont mean squat anyway - its just seeding, no points awarded, no-one is really going for it.

Steve needs to put himself out misery, not us.

Track looks freakin nuts, cant wait till the webcast.

kozlik9

Likes Dirt
i hope Rennie dose well again to bad i cant watch it :(
stupid internet say ur fast enuf but u aint :mad:

peace todd:D

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Im still confused with Smiths split... Pinning or not, that is a very unrealistic bottom split for anyone....

*ok... Just did abit of research on the guy... At Fort Bill this year, he did the bottom half of the course in 1.35...... Greg, who won that day, did it in 1.52... This kid must be one finisher and a half!!! Or they just always get his second split wrong, and no one elses........ I say watch him... He'll come through with the goods by a big margin i'm sure

Would be cool also... Not sure if it is done or not... But have best performing teams (countries) with points award for different positions.. So they may not take home the gold but maybe overall with a super strong team...

Just like it was back in swimming and aths sports at school =p

Last edited:

jeremy_2640

Likes Dirt
Loose!!!!

Hey did has anyone seen the video of seeding on freecaster, Sam Hill was real loose!!! hahah check it out if you haven't seen it....

<object width='480' height='288'><param name='movie' value='http://play.freecaster.com/v3/FCPlayer.swf?id=cEtleT0yJmFwSUQ9MTAwMDAwNiZjSUQ9MTAwNTExMSZlSUQ9MTAwMDA2OSZ4aXRpSUQ9MTM='/><param name='FlashVars' value='autoplay=0' /><embed src='http://play.freecaster.com/v3/FCPlayer.swf?id=cEtleT0yJmFwSUQ9MTAwMDAwNiZjSUQ9MTAwNTExMSZlSUQ9MTAwMDA2OSZ4aXRpSUQ9MTM=' width='480' height='288' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' allowFullScreen='true' Flashvars='autoplay=0'/></object>

Incontinent

Crusty Juggler
Would be cool also... Not sure if it is done or not... But have best performing teams (countries) with points award for different positions.. So they may not take home the gold but maybe overall with a super strong team...
=p
They already do that. "Top ranked countries" it is how they do the rider allocation for each discipline for each country.
Check out the UCI country rankings for the Worlds.