World Cup #2 - Andorra DH Live

mtb_champ

Likes Bikes and Dirt
bugger, oh well...... at least freecaster put up something and we got to watch most of it :), what whyyyy in the last run! noooooo sammmyyyyyy!!!!

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
Wow, I'm pretty sure thats never happened.

1st 4x- Dan Atherton
1st Womens DH- Rachael Atherton
1st Mens DH- Gee Atherton

Nuts!

What was Gees time?

yeah anyone got his time? that was so shit that it cut out, hearing it from other people isnt nearly as good as seeing it happen. nice work gee, and nice work to all the australian riders out there! shame we didnt get to see much of them come down though. i agree with te guy above, sam definately has some competition this year! and now im gonna go start my physics assignment due tomorrow...well today actually

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What a complete fuckin nightmare. I sit through 65 dudes I've never heard of and don't care about and the coverage is perfect. Finally the night gets interesting and the whole thing turns to shit! :mad:

silver rocket

Silver Rocket Productions
Top 20

ATHERTON Gee 2:35.35
HILL Samuel 2:35.66
MINNAAR Greg 2:36.73
PEAT Steve 2:37.49
BLENKINSOP Samuel 2:38.71
KOVARIK Chris 2:39.18
BAREL Fabien 2:39.21
PEDEMANAUD Fabien 2:41.42
LEHIKOINEN Matti 2:41.65
SMITH Steve 2:42.00
PASCAL Mickael 2:42.29
GUARDIA PASCUAL Bernat 2:42.45
BEER Nick 2:42.64
LEOV Justin 2:43.72
NEETHLING Andrew 2:44.00
PAYET Florent 2:44.20
CANALS FLIX Pasqual 2:44.81
SPAGNOLO Damien 2:44.92
STANBRIDGE Dan 2:45.12
ATHERTON Dan 2:45.18

scud

Likes Bikes
Hay what speed does everyone have as mine is 512. Audio was fine but some serious latency on the pictures? I was watching the stream of farkin did anyone use another stream that was lower res that didn't require a 1500 speed connection???

On another note of trying to keep up with the race as my pictures would be a rider or five behind! Listening to the audio was crap! Constant bagging of the pictures they were seeing, some rather sexist comments that my partner heard and she was not impressed! Swearing like a truckie from time to time (Because they can)!!! But the annoying part of it was the fact that you couldn't tell what the fark was going on! If you were lucky you would hear rider name and if they were good, bad or a pom! No times said out loud or a general feel of how the day was progressing very little on rider backgrounds as time filler and bagging riders they didn't know!! Not to mention distortion every time they got a tingle and felt it necessary to yell in to the mic's!! I could go on but if your still up, flick channel 9 and see the motor GP bikes. If you close your eyes you will still know exactly what's going on!! You cant even say chalk and cheese its so uncomparable!! The full set up was there all the potential to be great but poor execution unfortunately!

jda

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^^^get over it mate its MTB not moto GP, commentary was funny as! Rob Warner & Cedric Gracia make a good team!

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah I got '12mb/s' in real time its about 5mb/s and i had the stream set on high and it was working pretty well for me no lag with audio or video, used up a shit load of bandwidth though, for the few hours it was around 3Gb, so hooray for being slowed down :mad: i might have to ring optus and say that someone hacked my wireless and stole my internet :rolleyes:;) somethimes they are kind enough to renew it. Did anyone record it? because do to my gay internet slowing down i have everything but the top 10! grr!! If you did could you shoot me a PM and we could possibly organise something?
And i agree with jda, that comentary was a pisser, cedric was on fire, andreu was pretty funny as well, the comentary was good, made me laugh :p

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Hay what speed does everyone have as mine is 512. Audio was fine but some serious latency on the pictures? I was watching the stream of farkin did anyone use another stream that was lower res that didn't require a 1500 speed connection???

On another note of trying to keep up with the race as my pictures would be a rider or five behind! Listening to the audio was crap! Constant bagging of the pictures they were seeing, some rather sexist comments that my partner heard and she was not impressed! Swearing like a truckie from time to time (Because they can)!!! But the annoying part of it was the fact that you couldn't tell what the fark was going on! If you were lucky you would hear rider name and if they were good, bad or a pom! No times said out loud or a general feel of how the day was progressing very little on rider backgrounds as time filler and bagging riders they didn't know!! Not to mention distortion every time they got a tingle and felt it necessary to yell in to the mic's!! I could go on but if your still up, flick channel 9 and see the motor GP bikes. If you close your eyes you will still know exactly what's going on!! You cant even say chalk and cheese its so uncomparable!! The full set up was there all the potential to be great but poor execution unfortunately!
Jeez have a winge mate.

Its just a web cast. Also, you must not have been listeing as they were actually giving a fair bit of info out. Keep in mind that they were only seeing what we were - which was skipped riders, and camera downtime - only so much they can do with it. They arent a proffessiona commentary team either, just a few racers having some fun.

They have had a commentry team before (remember the worlds?) and it just plain sucked. They knew nothing about DH, while trying to make it sound like a GP broadcast. didnt work. Id much prefer to hear Gracia being a larakin than monotone, illinformed commentry.

DunCon

Likes Dirt
hahaha it was awsome

sis anyone watch the 4x races the comentry was a pissa couldnt understand them most of the time

the downhill was awsome went down to yarra valley cycles and watched it live on there big tv with a bus load of people it was awsome except for the fact that half way through the last guys run gee i think our feed cut out and didnt no if sam one or not but i guess we all no now

ROMPIN HARDCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
Jeez have a winge mate.

Its just a web cast. Also, you must not have been listeing as they were actually giving a fair bit of info out. Keep in mind that they were only seeing what we were - which was skipped riders, and camera downtime - only so much they can do with it. They arent a proffessiona commentary team either, just a few racers having some fun.

They have had a commentry team before (remember the worlds?) and it just plain sucked. They knew nothing about DH, while trying to make it sound like a GP broadcast. didnt work. Id much prefer to hear Gracia being a larakin than monotone, illinformed commentry.
Well said, I couldn't agree more. Gracia FTW!

Its funny, those guys are pro racers and even they are in awe of Sam's riding, and as far as them hollering for Gee I mean they are his countrymen and Gracia rides for the same bike company, of course they're one eyed.