World cup team changes rumor thread

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Someone on Vital has posted that Gwin will be with YT ? I guess we all find out officially in January where all these racers end up . Such a horribly short season and sooooo long to wait again .

Ivan

Eats Squid
Someone on Vital has posted that Gwin will be with YT ? I guess we all find out officially in January where all these racers end up . Such a horribly short season and sooooo long to wait again .
That would be crazy if true !!

MarioM

Likes Dirt
So , with 3 worlds wins , 3 overalls and 50 podiums is this possibly the best results driven team ? With those sorts of stats it must be very attractive to other brands . A trekking they will go from the looks unless we have it wrong and its Rocky Mountain they are going to ? And what about Cube , will we see them with a surprise team ?
Aaaaaargh ! Bring January on already so we know all the answers ! Then we just have to sweat and shiver in anticipation for the too short season to begin ! and end !

Topperharley

Likes Dirt
So , with 3 worlds wins , 3 overalls and 50 podiums is this possibly the best results driven team ? With those sorts of stats it must be very attractive to other brands . A trekking they will go from the looks unless we have it wrong and its Rocky Mountain they are going to ? And what about Cube , will we see them with a surprise team ?
Aaaaaargh ! Bring January on already so we know all the answers ! Then we just have to sweat and shiver in anticipation for the too short season to begin ! and end !
It's Trek. You can speculate on lots of other things and if you want answers i'll tell you privately. But the Trek thing is as done as Mums Xmas ham.

heavyp

You heard it here first
From VitalMTB

Jose_Conceição wrote:
"It's official
Saw the atertons team training today on Trek bikes!!!
And a lot of engeniers arround them
Trek, bontrager, continental, fox, shimano"
tmano2 wrote:
"Lousã?"
"Yes"

Brannigan spotted testing the new Cube dh rig the other day.

Blenki, Wyn and Sam Dale at GT through the grapevine.

News just in:
Angus Rachel Athertons dog with a Trek
https://instagram.com/p/97MmbAwegO/
angustrek.jpg
angusgt.jpg

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Functionality aside, I have never seen a Cube bike that doesn't have the same visual impact as a freshly spewed kebab by a drunk underage girl who spent all night drinking Cruiser's. They are not fucking pretty and seeing George on one will tarnish his amazing shredding appeal. I hope it's a good gig for him, he's easily one of the most exciting racers to watch.

heavyp

You heard it here first
Functionality aside, I have never seen a Cube bike that doesn't have the same visual impact as a freshly spewed kebab by a drunk underage girl who spent all night drinking Cruiser's. They are not fucking pretty and seeing George on one will tarnish his amazing shredding appeal. I hope it's a good gig for him, he's easily one of the most exciting racers to watch.
There not the worst looking bikes out there just nee to chill out with there colour schemes a bit, betting looking that a GT Fury or a YT in my eyes

Cube.jpg

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Holy shit, I haven't seen that before Heavyp, I like that! Not as much as I like a YT with KTM stickers but still nice!

NoFilter

Likes Dirt
From VitalMTB

Jose_Conceição wrote:
"It's official
Saw the atertons team training today on Trek bikes!!!
And a lot of engeniers arround them
Trek, bontrager, continental, fox, shimano"
tmano2 wrote:
"Lousã?"
"Yes"

Blenki, Wyn and Sam Dale at GT through the grapevine.

News just in:
Angus Rachel Athertons dog with a Trek
https://instagram.com/p/97MmbAwegO/
View attachment 321345
View attachment 321344
It's not Rachel's dog Angus, read the insta post.. Angus is dead, different markings on the chest/legs too.

Not denying they are on Trek though, will be cool to see how they go on the bike. Does anybody know if Whitely will be running it or will he go elsewhere? Very excited for all the other changes to come through as well, the CUBE bike looks sick. Heard that Ratty is leaving the Syndicate the other day too, big rumor to be throwing around I know, but I can't help but wonder where he would go? to me he seems like a good fit for a more "fun" brand like YT - definitely more so that Gwin. but who has the money to throw at him? He'd have a pretty high price I'd imagine.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
It's not Rachel's dog Angus, read the insta post.. Angus is dead, different markings on the chest/legs too.

Not denying they are on Trek though, will be cool to see how they go on the bike. Does anybody know if Whitely will be running it or will he go elsewhere? Very excited for all the other changes to come through as well, the CUBE bike looks sick. Heard that Ratty is leaving the Syndicate the other day too, big rumor to be throwing around I know, but I can't help but wonder where he would go? to me he seems like a good fit for a more "fun" brand like YT - definitely more so that Gwin. but who has the money to throw at him? He'd have a pretty high price I'd imagine.
Pretty big leap from such a good team for the rat, have to be going to one of the other big brands for sure.

heavyp

You heard it here first

https://instagram.com/p/7pO1ipgvc-/?taken-by=rachybox
Same dog for sure look at the marking on right of the dog and the bandana around the neck. Looks like they have had the frames for a few weeks as the dog was mentioned of being put down around then, the pics also taken again the same wall with the same heater, and thats a PRO components seat post in that Trek if I have ever seen one

dog.jpg
dog1.jpg

Last edited:

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Pretty big leap from such a good team for the rat, have to be going to one of the other big brands for sure.
The Syndicate is about the only team I couldn't imagine splitting up (apart from the arthertons). They seem like a family.