World cup team changes rumor thread

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
What a team!! Albiet seperate entities, but therell be some serious speed coming from the big S this season!

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Well played specialized, well played
Indeed.... Will cost them way less than Gwin to supply bikes to that three man team. Great marketing! Probably got Graves and the Loic team sponsorship for less then Gwin was asking.

jbg

Likes Dirt
Yea! Definitely casting a bigger net with those guys. Cool that they chose Specialized but I wonder which brand made the bigger offer that they turned down?

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks like he will be solo, maybe graves for W/Champs.....

Wonder if Troy will do any training with them other than shooting some product videos?
Maybe Mitch Ropo? He's been with spesh for a number of years already and appears to have good relations with them. He also posted a photo a while back saying he was looking forward to DH in 2016 plus he'd probably cost next to nothing in comparison to Troy and the Frenchies.

Topperharley

Likes Dirt
Yea! Definitely casting a bigger net with those guys. Cool that they chose Specialized but I wonder which brand made the bigger offer that they turned down?
It was Canyon.

Several parts of the deal involved using more than just the frames, so they went the other way.

NoFilter

Likes Dirt
A magazine guy with some breaking news? Sounds legit.

I would like to see Gwin on a YT but it'd be hilarious if he doesn't go down that path and rocks up on a different bike with a different kit and leaves everyone stumped.
I'd like to see him on a real race bike but I agree it would be great to see him rock up on something completely different to all the speculation that's out there. If he is on a YT I'm tipping we will see some hefty changes to that bike in the coming seasons.

DJR

Likes Dirt
explains the 2k price rise on there bikes.
But for the business side of things i think it would be a good opportunity for both.
Wonder if we will ever hear what Gwinn's paycheck is.
Probably more exchange rate related and loss leading their first season to get some traction in the market.

I'd be interested to see what the whole Gwin sponsor package is and if he has any teammates (besides Jesus)...

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Obviously not as important as Gwin, but George Brannigan wasn't riding a cube on the gondola today.
That would have been the shiny new Commencal that he's signed to ride! It's awesome news, great to see him on a good team still so we can enjoy his lunacy. George is awesome.