WoW nerd plays his 36 accounts at the same time.

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd like to see anyone who could crank up 4 of these bad boys on level 9 and still say it's not like playing a 'real' person:rolleyes:as that seems to be the main argument for shifting to playing 'real' people online..
Just for the record, having 3 or 4 mates over while you've got the 360 hooked up to Halo online completely shits on any suggestions you made. You've clearly never played online, and if you have it was obviously a poor effort.

I had no intention of even buying an XBOX 360, EVER, until I played online. Once. I then bought one 2 weeks later.

Online gameplay is a whole new world of video gaming.

But... having said that, I would never play World of Warcraft.

-|Sean|-

Likes Dirt
Just for the record, having 3 or 4 mates over while you've got the 360 hooked up to Halo online completely shits on any suggestions you made. You've clearly never played online, and if you have it was obviously a poor effort.

I had no intention of even buying an XBOX 360, EVER, until I played online. Once. I then bought one 2 weeks later.

It's the social factor & atmosphere that comes with it that makes it so much more enjoyable than sitting alone on your PC.....

RangaRMX

Likes Dirt

Yeah, you're right, I've hardly had the time to truly get into online gaming, but I don't have heaps of 'online gamer' type mates so probably wont experience what you're talking about.
I'm guessing you get your posse and go clear out other people or groups of people..which does seem to have it's own positives, but I prefer to just kick back and have an hour session or so with a mate or two. Time/money doesn't allow me to play more, unfortunate or not I'm not sure...

Just so you know I'm not bagging out online gaming, as long as it's not what your life revolves around, which coincidentally happens more with WoW than any other game that I know of.

Did anyone see that documentary about 5 or 6 people who went on about how WoW effected each of their lives differently, it was on SBS about a year or so ago...if anyone had seen that then they'd know exactly what the phrase "GET A FUCKING LIFE" is about..one guy went into detail about how he'd play as often as possible, and drink as much V as needed. As long as he could function at work he saw no problem. Basically he slept for the good part of 2 or 3 hours a day went to work enough to pay his bills (living at home) and was a WoWer for the rest..great life!!!

Someone's short attention span's obviously more suited to one dimensional FPS games rather than an in-depth RPG.

DURRR 2 MUCH FINKING
Well no, not really, I played Oblivion (if that's complex enough for you) for about 150 hours when it was new and I had a busted body from a crash which rendered me house bound for about a month.
Recently after this became training and weights etc...much more constructive both towards your mental and physical well being.

SO if you willingly do that to yourself, over and over, then yeah, you're stupid and need to broaden your interests to other things which are actually constructive and do things in real life other than gain some exp points etc in an online game.

I guess doing biomedical science at uni means I'm a bit of a durr durr no thinker type eh:rolleyes:

Sounds more to me like you were offended by my remarks about how shit WoW is when you really look at people and how pathetic they can get..

Lemontime

Eats Squid
I guess doing biomedical science at uni means I'm a bit of a durr durr no thinker type eh:rolleyes:

"my penis is thiiiiiiiiiiiiis big!"

Any of you haters ever actually played the freakin' game? Leave the dude alone, he probably gets more than you e-bashers anyway.

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
Leave the dude alone, he probably gets more than you e-bashers anyway.
Hah, yeah because he spends all that time shagging/hustlin chicks. I don't think so man. (Well more than some people, but it being a probability? No way)

Lemontime

Eats Squid
Hah, yeah because he spends all that time shagging/hustlin chicks. I don't think so man. (Well more than some people, but it being a probability? No way)
The World of Warcraft love community is more extensive (and disturbing) than you could imagine, maaan!

-|Sean|-

Likes Dirt
Did anyone see that documentary about 5 or 6 people who went on about how WoW effected each of their lives differently, it was on SBS about a year or so ago...if anyone had seen that then they'd know exactly what the phrase "GET A FUCKING LIFE" is about..one guy went into detail about how he'd play as often as possible, and drink as much V as needed. As long as he could function at work he saw no problem. Basically he slept for the good part of 2 or 3 hours a day went to work enough to pay his bills (living at home) and was a WoWer for the rest..great life!!!
I saw that doco - I've got a mate (who I haven't seen for a month because he doesn't leave his house) who is certainly at risk of heading down the same path.....

RangaRMX

Likes Dirt
"my penis is thiiiiiiiiiiiiis big!"

Any of you haters ever actually played the freakin' game? Leave the dude alone, he probably gets more than you e-bashers anyway.
Well on my screen your dicks about as big as a 12 year olds:rolleyes:

I was just stating that I'm not a narrow minded FPS player like some are..I fail to see how me stating what I do at uni, just to clarify that I do have a brain and can think, means I'm bragging about how big my dick is or how good I am?

Some people have brains, some don't, just like some people have a clue as to what constitutes to a fun and fulfilling life, the guy who has this many WoW accounts clearly has no idea what the meaning of either is.

Had the durr thinking comment not been made my inclusion of my smarts would not have been made. Simple? Glad you can comprehend that.

-|Sean|- - yeah that was one seriously disturbing doc, it's funny about the chick who had to go 'interact' with her 'friends' just by going on WoW...umm here's an idea, go make real friends and go shopping with that money you're spending on subscription fees/caffeine etc...maybe it's all to easy to see through it if you've never played it.

I'm never going to play it, just for the sheer fact I'd be playing with some of the biggest wastes of space on this planet.

Last edited:

Lemontime

Eats Squid
How do you know that it's not fun and fulfilling for him? He clearly stated that he finds the game fun and he enjoys it, so why rag on him? He could just as easily say you're an amazing loser for riding a bike!

RangaRMX

Likes Dirt
How do you know that it's not fun and fulfilling for him? He clearly stated that he finds the game fun and he enjoys it, so why rag on him? He could just as easily say you're an amazing loser for riding a bike!
Perhaps I should clarify, just so I don't cause any unnecessary offense - I generally don't have anything wrong with people who play WoW, and I'm not judging anyone because of that, except the guy who owns that many bloody accounts perhaps..

However, if you've developed an entirely unhealthy lifestyle because of this game then perhaps some of my comments may apply to you, and you should have no reason to get offended anyway if this is the case. However if you do have a WoW problem, and are oblivious to it, then you probably will.

I can't see how playing WoW everyday because of it's 'social interaction', or whatever bullshit is preached about it, is any different to 'social drinking'. One day you'll be having fun, playing together, but eventually it'll probably transpire into something more, if you're that way inclined.
Sure some people will only play it now and then for pure entertainment, but somehow some people develop an addiction, that is akin to drinking and any other addiction, and has negatives just the same.

Whether you aspire to be a level 70 master of the world (of Warcraft) or if you decide to be a level 70 alcoholic, it's presumably the same principle. It starts social, and somehow spirals into this retarded crazed need to be on WoW, alcohol, or any other drug.
The fact there is actually a documentary on it says something to the gravity of it's addictiveness.
In any case, generally no addiction is 100% healthy, and this is no different.
If I rode 53 Giant Glory's, and did so everyday that I could, whenever I could, then I'd expect to be criticized along the same lines of this guy...