WTSFLC Ride Thread.

Dobbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm in for a ride on Friday where ever, or Sat if need be. Surely we can scrape together a few hardly souls.

Though the weather might play a part in terms of driving all the way to Rimbah in the rain with crazy mofo easter holiday makers. Good way to end up dead. But if its clear then no probs.

If you want to do the XC run down here, it finishes at the Moto X track. The state championships are on there this weekend on Sat, Sun and Mon. The XC track sneeks in through the back gate, so can have a look see at the champs if you like. We could do the XC run and then some sneaky runs DH runs.

That being said, rain might fark up all DH riding, its pissing down here.

Nice bike J@se, liking the colours.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Theres some pretty freaky camera angles in that one ... the music makes a big addition to the vid too :)

Still a stinky ... wah wah wah

Dobbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tai, Will,
No sure if you have heard about a MTB park they are trying to get up down at Albion Park, about 20mins south of Kembla. Greenvalleys Freeride Park is its name. The owner has been holding occasional open days to get people to try out the new tracks, seems like there may be one this weekend.

I'm thinking of sticking my head in down there, interested??

Cloaked STP

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tai, Will,
No sure if you have heard about a MTB park they are trying to get up down at Albion Park, about 20mins south of Kembla. Greenvalleys Freeride Park is its name. The owner has been holding occasional open days to get people to try out the new tracks, seems like there may be one this weekend.

I'm thinking of sticking my head in down there, interested??
In the words of Team America....FUCK YEAH!

Cloaked STP

Likes Bikes and Dirt
so the verdict is we're riding where on friday??
I have no idea!

Looks like its been raining down at the steeps, so they are not really an option. Holiday traffic will be crazy so I dont think Rimba is a good idea...

I checked out the Green Valleys thing Dobbo, I would be keen if they are having an open day, however no mention of anything on their website.

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
seeing as there are more of us xc-inclined...
anyone keen to get a team together for this

http://www.twentysixinches.com/vvc

Race Details:
- Entry to each event cost is $57 per rider + gst
- Racing starts at 12pm and finish at 10pm.
- Teams of 1,2,3 and 4 with 'Everyone's a solo' so teams can do laps together with all rider laps counting.
- A rider cap of 150 will be in place.
- Toilets and free BBQ will be on site.
- On course treasure hunt.
- Trophies and cash for 1st,2nd and 3rd.
- Trophies, 1st,2nd and 3rd for Mostest Laps Ever (Series winners).
- Entry to the random frame drawing for riders that attend all events.

And a whole lot more.....

More event sponsor details to be announced.

Expect
For those that have attended our events in the past, you know what to expect. For those that have not we can tell you you can expect the unexpected.
-Single track... lots of it.
-Riders can do laps by not doing the laps! The 'Great Council of Lap Counters' can be bribed for extra laps.
-Race heads wearing their race face can find them selves penalised for being too serious.
-The course has treasure up for grabs.
-Riders who bug the timers about how many laps they have done can find themselves loosing laps!

In short the VVC is about turning up and having a good time, nothing more. If you are looking to come to the event with the aim to be all serious, competitive and a hero without a cause, we suggest you look elsewhere!

if we get a team of at least 4 for this...i will make sure we have some WTSFLC uniform for the event!

hell...if Mr Chute's does this i will kiss and make up with him!
I'd actually be keen to give this a go.:) Is anyone willing to lend me some lights? If I can afford it over the cost of the new bike I may even invest in some. I was looking at the Nuke Proof ones, not too exxy.

Can't do early Saturday ... wanna try Monday ??

Are you coming along Nige ? I reckon your ready for the sand bagger :)
Hi, I aint riding no DH no mo'.

I'll likely be riding my XC bike in circles somewhere. Maybe I'll even try Loftus, it sounds uber techy and lethal and shit.:p

Anyone keen to XC with me this long weekend?:rolleyes:

Cloaked STP

Likes Bikes and Dirt
seeing as there are more of us xc-inclined...
anyone keen to get a team together for this

http://www.twentysixinches.com/vvc

Race Details:
- Entry to each event cost is $57 per rider + gst
- Racing starts at 12pm and finish at 10pm.
- Teams of 1,2,3 and 4 with 'Everyone's a solo' so teams can do laps together with all rider laps counting.
- A rider cap of 150 will be in place.
- Toilets and free BBQ will be on site.
- On course treasure hunt.
- Trophies and cash for 1st,2nd and 3rd.
- Trophies, 1st,2nd and 3rd for Mostest Laps Ever (Series winners).
- Entry to the random frame drawing for riders that attend all events.

And a whole lot more.....

More event sponsor details to be announced.

Expect
For those that have attended our events in the past, you know what to expect. For those that have not we can tell you you can expect the unexpected.
-Single track... lots of it.
-Riders can do laps by not doing the laps! The 'Great Council of Lap Counters' can be bribed for extra laps.
-Race heads wearing their race face can find them selves penalised for being too serious.
-The course has treasure up for grabs.
-Riders who bug the timers about how many laps they have done can find themselves loosing laps!

In short the VVC is about turning up and having a good time, nothing more. If you are looking to come to the event with the aim to be all serious, competitive and a hero without a cause, we suggest you look elsewhere!

if we get a team of at least 4 for this...i will make sure we have some WTSFLC uniform for the event!

hell...if Mr Chute's does this i will kiss and make up with him!
Depends on when/where, I wouldnt mind giving it a go. As long as you dont mind riding with a guy on a DH bike with a few maglights strapped to his Helemt.

And no, No kissing thanks Tai.

taibo

Eats Squid
Holy fuck!!! I can't believe I'm reading this!!!
Looks like we will have at least a team of four!!!!
Event is on the 5th of June at awaba xc.

Jase...let's do some circle work on Saturday or Sunday only cos I've got work on Monday...u can borrow my lights for the event Jase

mr chutes...probably best to borrow one of gregs hardtail's if he hasn't sold them by then. I think u will enjoy it more than on the DH.

Al? Dobbo? U guys interested? Mark will ur knee be good by then?

Last edited:

Cloaked STP

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Jase...let's do some circle work on Saturday or Sunday only cos I've got work on Monday...u can borrow my lights for the event Jase

mr chutes...probably best to borrow one of gregs hardtail's if he hasn't sold them by then. I think u will enjoy it more than on the DH.

When is it?

I may *read MAY!!!* actually look at a Hardtail XC bike from CRC. For Cheap. like holy fing chips cheap.

Something like this...

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=44841

Or this...

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=44340

But in all honesty I think borrowing would probably be the best idea.

http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?202958-2008-Rotec-RL9

Its up and I'm utterly distraught.:(

Then I go to the Banshee site and feel a little bit better.:)
Dont worry it will be ok.

Last edited:

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its up and I'm utterly distraught.:(
I imagine that's how I'll feel when I put the Izimu up... good luck with the sale though man, I'm sure someone will snap it up real quick !

Event is on the 5th of June at awaba xc.

Doubt it, I may be back riding lightly then, but June is a bit soon for an event like that..