WTSFLC Ride Thread.

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
yeow

Ripping ride yday lads.
REALLY enjoyed it. Was sweet having 6 guys all in their respective fun zones....Been a long time since we have had a freight train DHilling.
Loved the runs on my old death track too.
Looking forward to the next time already.....

Happy DH days

debeer

Likes Dirt
Ripping ride yday lads.
REALLY enjoyed it. Was sweet having 6 guys all in their respective fun zones....Been a long time since we have had a freight train DHilling.
Loved the runs on my old death track too.
Looking forward to the next time already.....

Happy DH days
Too right, my body was shot when I got up this morning.

Should lock in another day out soon.

Dobbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, some of the best runs for a while. Different seeing the tracks dry and dusty at this time of the year.
Thanks for putting a few wheels over the awesome track too.

Dobbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks like a bit of fun, how much up hill is in this thing?

Which is better for AM, full face or XC helmets?

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks like a bit of fun, how much up hill is in this thing?

Which is better for AM, full face or XC helmets?
There's a couple of vids on the Rocky Trail website, doesn't look like there's much climbing, except for what looks like a pretty long gradual climb towards the finish. Most people wear XC helmets for AM, full face isnt compulsory so whatever you're comfortable with really..

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the trail has a bit of a pinch on it which is hard work, the XC guys are always fastest on the track. But a DH bike or FR bike would still be fine i reckon. XC lid all the way baby!

im going to it, awesome race

ps im going to lithgow sunday, got spaces for people and a bike if anyone is interested

Last edited:

Dobbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Funnel Web Time Shagger

Neil,
when is your next day free for a Funnel Web trip while it is still cool?

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
I'm likely for the 26th

Although would prefer to ride the new build on something I know first ... currently set at 63deg so steeps would have been good and I might even have ridden it instead of tumbling like a spastic.

Will let you know later on in the week if I pull my finger out.

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For sure Tai! Wasn't sure if I was going to do it, but if you're up for it I'll lock it in.. Anyone else in? Sam I think you said you were heading down too?
yeah im up for it. ill see if tim wants to come too.

this weekend i am batching so i am going to ride sat and sunday. if you guys are doing nowra ill come there (sunday huh?) and ill probably head north on saturday if anyone else wants to come. both days DH. Al want to test your bike up there? ill have a spot in the car both days maybe so hit me up if you want a lift

oh yeah and martin is keen for nowra sunday too

Last edited:

Dobbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Funnel Web

Ok, so it looks like we have hit the money for a Nowra trip.

So Far:
IN: Dobbo, Shagger, Reubs, Damo, Sam, Martin

Maybe: Al, Tim, Jesse, Dan
Others: Not sure if I missed someone, but put your hand up. J@se??

Damo is Simon still o.s?

Time: Plan is to leave Wollongong at 8:30am to get ther by 10.

For logistics we will need 2 cars. I can tow Neils trailer and put another rack I have in the ute, this will give space for around 10 bikes in the ute so if everyone goes (not likely). 5 in each car for shuttling will work, but might want to travel all the way down with 5.

I have set up for Dobbo, Neil, Reubs and Damo, some of you Sydney guys can get together, Jesse and Dan, we can met in the same place, or you can meet us out there.

Last edited:

jmpalmer

Likes Dirt
sunday

dobbo, im supposed to be going to sydney for work sunday, but not sure what time im leaving yet, im tipping late afternoon but will keep you posted as soon as i find out, pretty keen for a casual roll down the hill