You know you're a cyclist when...

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
ah, Avanti Manic. mine's a Norco Manik, a downhill-capable hardtail. yours looks like a lot of fun :) pretty much unbreakable!
Ah, you have the imposter.
Probably more DH oriented than mine, but just as overbuilt. I bought mine after I broke my Cannondale Killer V 900 again; walked into the bike shop and asked for something I couldn't break.
A future incarnation I have planned for it is to put a pair of 80mm V-brake only Marzocchis and some rims that are bent up from railway track with an ENO single speed rear hub to build a jump/play bike.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
that would be a true beast lol

the frames look very similar, especially at the rear. the front gussets are different tho, so probably like the bmx Tange frames, made in the same factory for different companies. i don't think i'll ever break mine :) when i took it to our local bike shop, the downhill guys, they were quite impressed - i don't think they knew just how serious about riding this little old lady is :)

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
that would be a true beast lol

the frames look very similar, especially at the rear. the front gussets are different tho, so probably like the bmx Tange frames, made in the same factory for different companies. i don't think i'll ever break mine :) when i took it to our local bike shop, the downhill guys, they were quite impressed - i don't think they knew just how serious about riding this little old lady is :)
Show 'em your whip; then they'll know how serious you are.

Xmetal

Give this man a job, we want pics!
The bike's currently parked in the dining room against the wall and the missus still hasn't batted an eyelid.... Yet.
The shoe rack at the backdoor also doubles as helmet and glove storage.

My other cyclist moment was yesterday - wandered into Toys R Us and found a Viking helmet: I wanted to buy it just so I could 'borrow' the horns for my DH helmet. :D

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
When a 20minute pedal around in circles really does put a whole new slant on the current woes of life.

Have been stressing of late and threw it all in for a quick few cutties in the clovers and figure 8s with bald tires and it just took all my troubles away for the rest of the afternoon. I love bikes.

haltz

Likes Dirt
When you contemplate excuses to leave work to go for a ride because the weathers gonna spoil your chances for the weekend. Gotta have the priorities straight.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
When you have so many bikes in the garage you literally cannot find the bike you want to ride.

pelt

Likes Dirt
as soon as someone says nipples, you automatically think of building a wheel :mmph:
when you can hardly see out that back window of your ute because of all the riding stickers over the back window...

Xmetal

Give this man a job, we want pics!
The missus refuses to let you keep your bike in the shed and willingly lets it live in the dining room. :D

Norco Maniac

Is back!
when you get a chainring scrape like this and all you can think is "that would make a really cool tattoo..."

or am i just tattoo-obsessed? :tape:

Attachments

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
When you have anxiety nightmares (last night) about bent rotors and unfixable mech problems. For some reason my shoes or cleats had something to do with the rotor rub, and I knew it was the shoes but I couldn't work out why. Horrible.