You know you're a cyclist when...

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Do you ever have a smack in the face moment that makes you realise you are a total bike geek?

I want to know what other peoples moments of realisiation are.

For me, it was cracking the triple digits on the bike computer for the first time.
Or, the time I spent all my food and bill money on bike components and lived on weetbix and rice for a week.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Yesterday I had to pick a junior up from TAFE and I thought his classroom was placed so well on the edge of a nice slope. I pictured rolling off the roof onto the slope and boosting over the road..........
I have downhill bars fixed to my lawn mower handle to give me better stability when cornering the push mower.............
I contemplated putting some form of cleat on the pedals in my car so I could drive with cleats on........
I pictured using the dirt section in Techno's thread as a small section to really blow out on my hardtail...........

John U

MTB Precision
Your garage is full of bike stuff and your cars are permanently parked in the drive way.

jumpers

Likes Dirt
when i am driving the car and spend the whole time looking for "dh" lines on the road. Next thing will be trying to pump speed bumps in the ute

Also just renovated / extended my home and purposely built an area (inside the lounge room) so i could store my bikes inside

Last edited:

gordonvale94

Likes Dirt
You know you're a cyclist when forks aren't something you eat with...*ba boom tish*

Sorry for that, anyway my thing is just seeing piles of dirt and thinking "mmmmmm dirt jumps" which results in me digging up some poor bastards dirt piles.

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
on long car trips, even when driving, your constantly looking at the hills on the side of the road to see where you could make a track.

you draw bikes.

you sit on farkin....

you get up before school to ride.
then get home and go ride.

plus lots of other great things!

lovveddd the lawn mower one haha. awesome idea.

PSYCHO-T

Likes Dirt
trying to "pin it" when driving,
Looking for new places to "sesh" instead of focusing on the road,
realising your talking about riding to a chick who was clearly keen and now is just bored.
the only things of value you own are bikes/gear, anything else is just cheap outdated shit
you have more money tied up in bikes then cars and other propity

and finaly thinking about riding during sex.
It happens (and she is none the wiser) (suss)

eyes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The last two cars I've bought were $1,000 and $2,000 respectively (over 2 years).

I won't go into how much I've spent on bikes in the last 2 years... It's saddening...

Now I can't find a new place to live because I have a troop carrier, shuttle trailer, 6 bikes and a workshop to find a home for as well.

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
your mates have cars and beer guts.

And you have 3 bikes multiple kits, service gear, ect... and fitness.

camtb

Likes Dirt
When you spend your day at school thinking about what your gonna build that night, then getting to your place that you're gonna build, then give up and just ride whats there.

and when you wake up in the middle of the night and find you're sitting on your bike. (happened once, its kinda weird.)

FINX74

Likes Dirt
You know when...........

When your wife starts asking are you going riding again ??????
Instead of are you going to the pub again ????????????