You know you're a cyclist when...

Norco Maniac

Is back!
You know you're a cyclist when you buy a house and your main concerns are 1: designing the herb garden around the pump track, 2: where the shopping trolley bike will be parked, and 3: figuring out which trophies will live in the loungeroom or the bike cave.

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You know you're a cyclist when you buy a house and your main concerns are 1: designing the herb garden around the pump track, 2: where the shopping trolley bike will be parked, and 3: figuring out which trophies will live in the loungeroom or the bike cave.
1, not concerned wiht food only bikes
2, not concerned with shopping only bike
3, not concerned with trophies only beating others strava times

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
When there is 7 push bikes ranging from xc to all mountain and two roadies, 4 motorbikes (the weekend warrior, the commuter, the motard and the dirtbike) and a full workshop for the aforementioned bikes so the car has to live outside.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Only 7 worth mentioning... and not including my old race specialized fatboy bmx and 3 other old things but have been considering turning one of them into a fixxy
I'm up to fifteen myself, not including the NOS Adelaide designed and manufactured 80's Vortex the OH built tonight for me so I can try racing it in Retro tomorrow night. No carpet queens here!

GarryTurner

Cannon Fodder
All your clothes are worn out/threadbare/holey, your shoes have holes, but you're wearing new riding gear worth a month or twos rent.
Similar to Violet's post, only despite not owning anything remotely resembling
cheap lingeries I don't own any triathlon bras either.
Pretty exciting way to explain people got nothing and still represent them as lord. Some of friends do that so I will make your comment on them :)

Last edited:
J

JaRedy

It's likely that I will move to a smaller town/city up north to work when I finish my degree, and the quality and quantity of DH tracks has turned out to actually be a serious consideration for me.
I guess that's a pretty solid "You know you're a cyclist when..."
Nobody wants to give up their passion and hobby, and as much as I want to follow where the work is, I cant put myself in a place where I won't be able to do what I love.

Cairns, Townsville and Bundaberg are on my list of potential places.
I have connections in Bundaberg, but as far as I know, there is no DH scene there in the slightest - and that's downright unfair!

Decisions, decisions.

Last edited by a moderator:

valium

Likes Dirt
Looking for a holiday home and only two concerns are a) quality of local trails, and b) some way to convince the wife that it was her idea not mine.