You know you're getting old when ...

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So the kids are into tattoos these days, we get that. I have a new colleague, 20 something, and she’s mad into it, arms and hands and all.

I overheard a conversation today about the numbers on her knuckles, 1971 and 1973. Oh, it’s my parents’ birth years, we’re very close.

YKYGOW you predate your workmate’s parents

cammas

Seamstress
you dont realise you're getting old when - my wife was only recently informed that men of a certain age getting new balance shoes is a thing. Today she said she just noticed a man wearing new balance and said they weren't that old, they were our age.
Looks down at shoes, nope not that old, I wear Skechers as the inner sole is made of memory foam, anything else makes my back hurt ....... FUCK

ausdb

Being who he is
you dont realise you're getting old when - my wife was only recently informed that men of a certain age getting new balance shoes is a thing. Today she said she just noticed a man wearing new balance and said they weren't that old, they were our age.
Oh FUCK, the last pair of sneakers I bought were NB.

Looks down at shoes, nope not that old, I wear Skechers as the inner sole is made of memory foam, anything else makes my back hurt ....... FUCK
I actually thought it was Skechers that denoted old man status.

I know I'm getting old when my 12 year old refers to me as the silly old man :(
Silly because I'm old or silly because I keep bankrolling his shenanigans, I guess the little mexican girl would have the answer to that one.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Me three...when I was 13 was nowhere near his size, admittedly I'm only 5'10" but I reckon he's got some more growing to do, He started a growth "spurt" about Sept and he hasn't stopped.

I wonder what it could be?

View attachment 407416
A guy I worked with said they had an experiment for biology in year 11 or so. Everyone was given a day old chicken and had to feed it different things. One girl's father had a chicken farm for Inghams so she just raided the feed used for the day olds and up. He fed his various green scraps and grass. At 28 days they brought them in to compare. His wasn't the smallest but less still less than half the average. However none of the others were average either. The whole statistical review was skewed by one very big chicken.

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Bloody 13 must be the age - my middle lad just overtook me (it's not official 'cos I refuse to measure back to back, that's how it works....) Problem is I was going to offload my bike to him so I can NBD....... Unrelated news I'll be in the market for a XL or XXL bike soon :D Might wait for him to slow down growing first. I'll have to dust off the old 80mm stem and find a longer seatpost for the Hardtail.... His bike is starting to look like my profile pic

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Bloody 13 must be the age - my middle lad just overtook me (it's not official 'cos I refuse to measure back to back, that's how it works....) Problem is I was going to offload my bike to him so I can NBD....... Unrelated news I'll be in the market for a XL or XXL bike soon :D Might wait for him to slow down growing first. I'll have to dust off the old 80mm stem and find a longer seatpost for the Hardtail.... His bike is starting to look like my profile pic
Revel just released new XXL sizing, just sayin..