you yangs dh on hartail?

norco4l

Likes Dirt
hey guys im riding you yangs in a few weeks and wondering if i could do it on my hartail with 110mm travel forks?
cheers shaun

dunndog

Eats Squid
Do 'it'? Do some.. some trails are easy flowing single track, not too demanding. Maybe stay off the 2 dedicated downhill tracks, atleast until you have completely nailed the others. reckon there's enough else there to keep you happy though

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
as said many many many times before on this forum!
the new DH track is very rocky, and would take it out of you on a HT.. but it can be done, ... look at the race a few weeks back 3rd place was taking by a SS HT...

tracks such as travs diamond (track 7) and creasy's climb (13.. the top section is probaly the best and flowest track at you yangs)..
are fairly smooth and good warm ups, also is boulder.

alot of the others can be a little to 'flat'... but it depends what your into.

lactic acid is also a fairly nice run on a HT, few loose and scary sections down the bottom, if your carying speed.

and for the record, i used to ride the whole place on a 4hun, with 130mm up the front

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
On a bike like that, probably stick with track 13, Trav's Diamond and Boulder Trail... I used to do them on my hardtail with 120mm (ish) forks and you can plough through them pretty comfortably.

You could do GMBC descent but the rock gardens at the end might be a little tricky.

Bandages or Glory might be a bit of a stretch though, I can do it on my 6" dually, and even then it's a little rough... but i'm a DH n00b, there are guys that do it on hardtails, but have 170mm forks.

norco4l

Likes Dirt
i wanna hit bandages or glory with a few mates i think i am alright rider a few of my mates said i will be alright i gess i see how it is on the 29th at the ride day!

dh damo

Likes Dirt
i wanna hit bandages or glory with a few mates i think i am alright rider a few of my mates said i will be alright i gess i see how it is on the 29th at the ride day!
you will have no worrys on that track with your bike i get down there easy on my HT :)

dunndog

Eats Squid
I used to ride my shogun ht around there with 100mm up front, started squeaking in all the wrong places after a while, now it's the fuel efficient option of getting to work. Bought a dually and it changed the way i ride the yangs. I'd probably leave bandages alone on that thing unless your a gun..

dunndog

Eats Squid
I used to ride my shogun ht around there with 100mm up front, started squeaking in all the wrong places after a while, now it's the fuel efficient option of getting to work. Bought a dually and it changed the way i ride the yangs. I'd probably leave bandages alone on that thing unless your a gun..
But that's just me..

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
The changes we made in the middle section of BOG would suit a hard tail sweet, i think you should just give it a try .

rxbuzz

Likes Bikes
Mate as long as you scope all the rock drops and jumps before you hit them you'll be fine. There's nothing there that can't be done on a HT (at you yangs and in general), the bottom half of the track actually is perfect for a hard tail.

I went single speed at the last race cause i was smashing me deraulier on the same few rocks and it worked out great.

norco4l

Likes Dirt
thanks for the help guys i will be running single speed to
will 32 16 ratio be alright or should i go somthing a bit heavyer?