You Yangs MTB Park

Lukeflow1

Likes Dirt
Yeah a race down cressy's would be good and it would get more money for the club so they can build this huge north shore.

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Now you have me thinking... Forrest MTB & Cycling Club could hold a Feral Friday at the Youies!

I love it... we have a meeting tomorrow night, I will raise it.

Oh, and just a little tiny secret... there is a possibility that the Red Carpet, could be getting some upgrades/facelift. But don't tell anyone I told you.
Yeah i love redcarpet! I know it probably wont happen but could you

Build some jumps, northshore, Drops and rock gardens

Anything that happens will be sweet:D

trav

Likes Dirt
Now you have me thinking... Forrest MTB & Cycling Club could hold a Feral Friday at the Youies!

I love it... we have a meeting tomorrow night, I will raise it.

Oh, and just a little tiny secret... there is a possibility that the Red Carpet, could be getting some upgrades/facelift. But don't tell anyone I told you.
Great idea Norm, then all the entrie fees could go back into trail work needed after the race.I'd even give you hand with the event.

CeeBrady

Likes Bikes
Best way back up??

Sorry guys, this is off the line of the current conversation.

I am planning on going to the you yangs with a couple of mates on the comming saturday (21/03).
Now i am pretty sure there is not going to be shuttles running, we can't shuttle ourselves, can we?
In the likely event that there is no shuttle, which is the best way to get back up to the top?
Will there be plenty of other riders out there?

Apologies as i think this issue will probably have been delt with before, i did search, but to no avail.

Thanking you all for the advice in advance.

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You're right, there isn't a shuttle day, and you can't really shuttle yourself.

There are two main ways back up, the firetrail (cressy gully road and great circle drive) that heads up from the bottom of Cressy's Climb (track 13), or the push track which is pretty much GMBC (track 10).

You could also ride back up track 13 if you're keen for a bit of hard work.

You can see it all on this map.

And FYI, Techno Drop isn't built yet, and the guys are pretty sick of being asked about when it will be built.

Last edited:

CeeBrady

Likes Bikes
Cool,

Thanks for your help Wynter, well i'll be out there on saturday afternoon, riding an army green reign, my mate will be on a black STP, there could be up to four of us. feel free to stop us to say hi.
Again thanks for the help.

Cheers

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ill be going out enxt weekend some time

this is getting a bit off topic of organising sunday the 15th :D

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Great idea Norm, then all the entrie fees could go back into trail work needed after the race.I'd even give you hand with the event.
Cressys would be good becasue it would attract DH riders as well as XC riders

i am so smart for thinking of that :D

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
Cressy Climb Closure

Hey guys just wanna let you know we will be closing cressy climb on Saturday while we finish off some maintenance with a mini excavator, it should be re-opened by the afternoon depending if we finish or not.

Thanks Dave:)

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
Ride Day

Keep an eye out for details of next ride nday coming up in April, i should have details up by the end of the weekend.:D

Thanks Dave
(You Yangs Shuttle Service)

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys just wanna let you know we will be closing cressy climb on Saturday while we finish off some maintenance with a mini excavator, it should be re-opened by the afternoon depending if we finish or not.

Thanks Dave:)
More work? How can you make the track any better?

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
No, but I find it interesting that that's the first place your mind went.

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What time will the work on cressy's be starting at? eg will i be able to ride cressy's on Saturday morning?