You Yangs trails now closed! 04/02/2011

trav

Likes Dirt
Work Never Stops

Massive day at the Youies today,big thanks to Trever Hope from Teds Cycles for organizing 20+ vollies,Gerard Mchugh for bringing one of World Trails power barrows. They barrowed over 20 cubic meters of granetic sand into 100 meters of raise trail surface on track#14 .It was also good to see quite a few You Yangs MTB Inc members out the back tieing up some loose ends also .

I'm sure someone will post some pics up of the end resault soon.

The rest of the trail crew were hard at it in our machinery benching in some more new trail in the Stockyards,looks great.

Warwick

Likes Dirt
I'm 50 years old and you'd reckon there are better things for an old fart to get more excited about, but I'm excited. Thanks blokes for the effort so far.

fergo

Likes Dirt
Are we there yet?

I see on fb that the GMBC are posting their No Frill Friday series starting on Aug 19th and the Inter Winter on 21st Aug. When will the Park open to the punters?

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
Are we there yet?

I see on fb that the GMBC are posting their No Frill Friday series starting on Aug 19th and the Inter Winter on 21st Aug. When will the Park open to the punters?

We have a date but cannot confirn until probably this weekend, everyone should know by Sunday night.

TMLS1

Likes Dirt
They know something we don't? "http://www.mtbskills.com.au/you-yangs-all-levels-sep-2011" came through in an email, 'Woo Hoo! The You Yangs is Open Again!

The park has been closed for the past 6 months and during this time some great new improvements have been made to the existing trail network.
Let us show you the how to get the most out of the You Yangs - safely and successfully the MTBSkills way.
Book a You Yangs course here''

or just early marketing ready for the opening?

YouYangsMTBinc

Likes Dirt
They know something we don't? "http://www.mtbskills.com.au/you-yangs-all-levels-sep-2011" came through in an email, 'Woo Hoo! The You Yangs is Open Again!

The park has been closed for the past 6 months and during this time some great new improvements have been made to the existing trail network.
Let us show you the how to get the most out of the You Yangs - safely and successfully the MTBSkills way.
Book a You Yangs course here''

or just early marketing ready for the opening?

Don't get too carried away just yet. The park is NOToffically open. Parks Victoria are about to do a press release with the official dates. Anyone caught riding in the park before opening runs the rsk of a fine. The tails all need to cleared of the sticks and overgrowth which being done by an approved group of Trail Crew ready for the opening day.

Last edited:

TMLS1

Likes Dirt
Yep I understand no problems from my end, just alerting that some emails have gone out (and on their website) saying "WOO HOO it's open".

JessD

Likes Dirt
Correction

Yep I understand no problems from my end, just alerting that some emails have gone out (and on their website) saying "WOO HOO it's open".
By the time our courses are run on the dates that are listed on our website - the You Yangs will be open!

Mistake on play of words - official opening is yet to be announced - apologies but we wont be riding there until we get the go ahead from parks vic.
Keep in touch with their website for the final low down.

Jess

Warwick

Likes Dirt
Great great work guys. Trails are great. The new upper bits of track 14 are more enjoyable now both in up and down directions. Also 5 gives more pedaling too. Any likelihood of including the rocky bits, previously on track 5? Or did I just get lost on the new stuff and miss them?
Thanks guys.

Stons

Likes Dirt
Yep 5 is Quarry Pit. Its probably a bit easier with the changes that have been made.

14 is a highlight. Will be great once its bedded in. Very very enjoyable in both directions.

It was my first time riding Boulder track since its been re-done also which is great and I like the changes to Track 6 (Lactic). I didnt ride Trav's as I didnt want to get in the way of the downhiller's. However I think the changes have only been minor.

throwback

Likes Bikes
The Youies is BACK!

Just had a blast around the park this afternoon with the boys and had an awesome few hours. Nice dry tracks, all in great nick and the new sections have all been done really well. Lot of work gone into some of those trails alright - a massive thank you from me to all those that have been involved.

Cheers!