You Yangs

trav

Likes Dirt
Track 11 now open

Track 11 is now open , stage 1

You Yangs MTB Inc pumped $12000 in materials and machine hire, 1500 volunteer and Parks Vic staff hours have gone into this trail .

Enjoy

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt

You Yangs MTB Inc pumped $12000 in materials and machine hire, 1500 volunteer and Parks Vic staff hours have gone into this trail .

Enjoy
From the pics it looks good Trav, keep up the good work!

Enjoy
Went for a ride on this yesterday. Nicely built. I couldn't do the boardwalk switchback sections on my 29er tho, but probably more due to my lack of technical competence.

Matt C

Likes Dirt
Hit up the new trail 11 tonight. Loved it. Good work boys. Ended up climbing and descending it 3 times. Felt like i was hogging it...haha. Nothing like a new bit of trail to boost the motivation.

MudRhino

Likes Dirt
Hit up the new trail 11 tonight. Loved it. Good work boys. Ended up climbing and descending it 3 times. Felt like i was hogging it...haha. Nothing like a new bit of trail to boost the motivation.

Matt, I have not had a chance to explore it yet - was going to go today but the dog was begging for a walk instead - so missed out.

Can you compare the climb to some other track at the You Yangs for those of us who are curious?

Matt C

Likes Dirt
Matt, I have not had a chance to explore it yet - was going to go today but the dog was begging for a walk instead - so missed out.

Can you compare the climb to some other track at the You Yangs for those of us who are curious?
Hmm, i'm not great at describing trails but to me it has the same flow and feel of tracks 2, 3 and 4. The rocky sections are not as hard to climb through as they are on Lactic but are enough of a challenge by having some small steps to negotiate while picking lines. The switchbacks are flat and tight. It creates a nice little loop in that section now. What i would love is a trail to fork off Lactic and meet up at the downhill start ramp so my lazy a*** doesn't have to climb up the fire road towards Cressy ;)

creole

Likes Bikes
Hey guys,

Just wondering if there is an alternate way up from the bottom of Cressy to the top without having to trek that arduous fire road uphill ? (shuttle run not included)

Cheers

Matt C

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,

Just wondering if there is an alternate way up from the bottom of Cressy to the top without having to trek that arduous fire road uphill ? (shuttle run not included)

Cheers
Head along 2 and up Lactic. Will take a bit longer but not as steep as the section after the gate on the fireroad.

Major

Likes Bikes
To douchebag from You Yangs (I hope you will recognize yourself)

Next time when you see almost full bottle of water, perfectly leaned against the tree in shed, at the bottom or top of any track, use that little brain in your head before you empty that bottle.
I would understand that you were thirsty and took half that water (it was pretty hot today) or even complete bottle... or, you wanted to be "eco" friendly and recycle that bottle...
But, noooooooo, you were dumb enough to empty whole bottle and spill out water around and leave empty bottle there...
Thanks to you and what you did, I had to shorten my Sunday ride and go home earlier because you left me without water after first run. And you can't understand my frustration, because, when you get "free sunday" from you wife and you drive an hour to get there and do just 3 runs because of you... Not cool at all!
I just hope that you crack your frame or fork (without hurting yourself) so that you are not able to ride for weeks or months, you moron.
Sincerely yours,
Major

P.S. Sorry guys for "spamming" the topic but try to understand me! Thanx

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Next time when you see almost full bottle of water, perfectly leaned against the tree in shed, at the bottom or top of any track, use that little brain in your head before you empty that bottle.
I would understand that you were thirsty and took half that water (it was pretty hot today) or even complete bottle... or, you wanted to be "eco" friendly and recycle that bottle...
But, noooooooo, you were dumb enough to empty whole bottle and spill out water around and leave empty bottle there...
Thanks to you and what you did, I had to shorten my Sunday ride and go home earlier because you left me without water after first run. And you can't understand my frustration, because, when you get "free sunday" from you wife and you drive an hour to get there and do just 3 runs because of you... Not cool at all!
I just hope that you crack your frame or fork (without hurting yourself) so that you are not able to ride for weeks or months, you moron.
Sincerely yours,
Major

P.S. Sorry guys for "spamming" the topic but try to understand me! Thanx
Sounds like you need to ask the Mrs or Santa for a Camelpack.

Faeros

Likes Bikes
Sounds like you need to ask the Mrs or Santa for a Camelpack.
Or just ask someone for some water..... Especially if you go up to the cars and ask people just hanging around. Most people should be carrying spare water even if they never use it (I know I do, I rode for 7 hours on sunday and drank probably half a litre of water out of my camelpack, had 2 litres spare in the car...)

wembas

Likes Dirt
heres a pro tip - take more water - leave it in your vehicle and dont leave you bottle leaning up next a tree...

or as someone said - ask around - riders are mostly friendly and im sure would be happy to share a bit if they have it.

Puddleduck

Likes Dirt
I wouldn't trust drinking from a (random) bottle of water standing at the base of a tree. How would you know it's safe to drink? :loco:

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
I wouldn't trust drinking from a (random) bottle of water standing at the base of a tree. How would you know it's safe to drink? :loco:
At a rather warm xc race earlier in the year I went out on a lap without a bottle. After a km or two I found a near full bottle that someone had lost. I thought the risk was better than dehydration so drank it. Whatever was in it was a bloody strong mix. Tasted like vodka but was still pretty cool so must have been fresh. I survived.
Turned out it was a mates bottle who was set up next to us.

dunndog

Eats Squid
At a rather warm xc race earlier in the year I went out on a lap without a bottle. After a km or two I found a near full bottle that someone had lost. I thought the risk was better than dehydration so drank it. Whatever was in it was a bloody strong mix. Tasted like vodka but was still pretty cool so must have been fresh. I survived.
Turned out it was a mates bottle who was set up next to us.
Who needs enemies when your mates poach your water...:loco: