Your favorite "Quote"

Macr

Likes Dirt
I have a few.
  1. Television, the drug of a nation. Breeding ignorance and feeding radiation. - Disposable heroes of hiphoprisy.
  2. Liquor, she'll love it!. - On my T-shirt
  3. You're only as old as the person you feel. I'm feeling an 18yo. - Unknown.
  4. Where there is a will, there is money. - Unknown

mpdowling

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a few.
  1. Television, the drug of a nation. Breeding ignorance and feeding radiation. - Disposable heroes of hiphoprisy.
  2. Liquor, she'll love it!. - On my T-shirt
  3. You're only as old as the person you feel. I'm feeling an 18yo. - Unknown.
  4. Where there is a will, there is money. - Unknown
i heard the last quote today although with a variation. "where there is a will, there is family members" similar idea though.

my number #1 is

"stand for something or you will fall for anything" Winsten Churchill <-- he seems to have many quotes.

dcrofty

Eats Squid
"stand for something or you will fall for anything" Winsten Churchill <-- he seems to have many quotes.
One of the quickest wits ever I think.

At an elegant dinner party, Lady Astor once leaned across the table to remark, "If you were my husband, Winston, I'd poison your coffee." "If I were your husband, madam, I would drink it." came Churchill's unhesitating retort.

Otherwise I quite like a quote from a Canadian Football player called Troy Westwood who was about to play the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

"I had referred to the people of Saskatchewan as a bunch of banjo-picking inbreds," Westwood said "I was wrong to make such a statement, and I'd like to apologize.

"The vast majority of the people in Saskatchewan have no idea how to play the banjo."

mtb1611

Seymour
"It's not a lie if you believe it" - George Costanza

"We've learned to fly the air like birds, we've learned to swim the sees like fish, and yet we haven't learned to walk the earth as brother and sister" - Martin Luther King

"There's violence on the television, there's letterbombs in the mail, but things can't be all that bad when Derryn Hinch gos to jail" - Ron Hitler Barassi

pryaz

Likes Dirt
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will find peace" - Jimi Hendrix

MTB_KAT

Likes Dirt
Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder on his thought of Suicide

'You kill yourself and make a big old sacrifice to try and get your revenge. All you are gonna end up with is a paragraph in a newspaper. In the end it does nothing.Nothing changes. The world goes on and you're gone. The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself.'

Unkown

'Try and fail but dont fail to try'

Anyone can give up. it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength'

'Courage is not the discovery that you may not win and trying when you know you can lose'

'Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever'

The last 4 all run through my mind when I am competing

Kat

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Any fool can grab a bull by the balls. But it takes something else to hang on and ride out the fury

strauss

Likes Dirt
"Time is a great teacher... but unfortunatly it kills all its pupils"

" History always repeats itself, because nobody listens the first time"

" you will always know length of yours, but you will never know the depth of hers "

" if at first you don't succeed, than lower your standards" - mambo

" You have to slay the dragon.... to get to the princess" ( relates to those terrible drunken one nightstands .. lol:eek:)

" to dream of the person you want to be, is to waste the person you are" - my favourite qoute.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
i forgot to put this in. "if you live to ride you ride live"-myself
What? Yours? Why, just because you put "if" and "you" into it?! I'm tipping people were saying that about two of your lifetimes ago!

My absolute fav is:

Never cry over a gift horse as the crow flies because sleeping dogs lie and the early bird gets the worm that turns and stays that way if the wind changes. But at the end of the day, when all in all is said and done it takes one to know two that tango in glass houses counting chickens before the best laid plans turn to mice and men from the boys who cry wolf in sheep's clothing that maketh the man amongst men in the moon and back. So better the devil you know between the deep blue sea, the rock, the hard place and the fool that leaps from logic at the chance of a lifetime when the hard get going to hell and back on the road to nowhere again because time waits for no man with a good woman behind him. So don't forget your P's and Q's!

Sam.

Eats Squid
I think it goes something along the lines of this:
From now on bart, there are three ways to do things. The right way, the wrong way and the max powers way.

Isn't that the wrong way?

Yes, but its faster!

Probably already posted aswell but anyway...