your kinda music

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I like pretty much all types of music. Except for whatever type of music Bjork is.

Cameron_15, do you actually know any death metal bands other than cannibal corpse? It seems like your just making your judgment on death metal using one shitty band.

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Cameron_15, do you actually know any death metal bands other than cannibal corpse? It seems like your just making your judgment on death metal using one shitty band.
yes, Job for a cowboy, Chthonic, Darkest Hour, Unearth, In Flames, Children Of Bodom, Parkway Drive, As I lay and I killed the Prom Queen are all good bands. I having nothing against all of them i just don't like Cannibal Corpse.

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I definetely agree with that statment. MOST death metal musicians are very good at what they play, but in my opinion Cannibal Corpse Are not. There lyrics are foul and disgusting and lastly, i will not listen to a band that is BANNED from playing music in Australia,That to me, represents a bad band.
The lyrics are MEANT to shock, it's not as though they do go and rape limbless cadavers or whatever on the weekend OR want their fans to. The band is not banned, they did that entire tour, and their music and merchandise is easy enough to find in the country.

If you are listening to bands like PWD, IKTPQ, Unearth etc., you are listening to exactly what most of the stereotype 'emos' do. That is why your friends call you that.
Bass shredding sounds like crap. Take it from a bass player.
Agreed.
Metal bassists are extremely skilled, they just lack the 'soul' of funk bass players. Like buckethead with guitar. Extremely skilled, no soul.
For the most part, also agreed.
Anyone who says they listen to music and then says 'I listen to [insert one of a billion new subgenres] metal.......' doesn't listen to music, they listen to metal. same with any other genre.
Yeah, most kids listening to metal not only claim to have broad taste, but will hate anything that does not consist of wailing leads and distorted guitar.

Rutter

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hardcore kid

Live for it but it has fucked me up in the head but has turned me into a better person at the same time.

few favourites atm are third Strike,kids like us,Guns up!,terror,stronghold,50 Lions,Lionheart,the dead walk etc

SEQ scene is pretty good atm probably a gig every weekend where you can go mosh to some good meaningful shit.

Cameron_15 you probably get called emo because you probably have a fringe that goes past your eyes with jet black hair.

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
e Trivium, In Flames, Unearth... the other stuff is black metal by Children of Bodom and Dragon force. but my favorite is stuff by bands like Trivium, Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet for My Valentine.

I also like Linkin Park who have done a lot of rap and hip hop lately as well as heavier more screamy stuff.

people call me Emo because the vast majority of music i listen to isn't made by a computer. i still like good hardstyle music which has a lot more thought put into the songs. Blutonium makes some very good music that i like.

my hair isn't black, i have no peircings, i don't wear all black clothes... but i'm emo because i listen to Rock/metal music.

and for the record, i hate bands like cannibal corpse that have disgusting messed up lyrics and can't play there instruments so instead bash them and play random chords.
Mate dragonforce are just shit, no discussion will be entered into about it either and blutonium boy good hardstyle? HAH! I loled at least... I sincerely hope this whole thread is a joke!

LJohn

Likes Dirt
Dragonforce are the most mismatched bunch of alcoholic freakishly good musicians on Earth. They're great musicians and all, but anyone who rocks up to gigs like that clearly doesn't give a **** about anything.

Buckethead-jordan....No soul, extreme skill, and one very awesome Les Paul with a kill button.

Anyone else listen to Parliament?

Last edited:

Christo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well, time to come out of the closet - I love folk! The latest Iron & Wine - the shepherd's dog - is on high rotation on my PC ATM.

But I love all types of music electronic/rock/hip-hop/the rest - although generally prefer indie stuff.

skivi

Likes Dirt
there's a few posts in here which reveal more guilty pleasures- musically wise then what the thread originally started as. i'm jumping on that band wagon with this-

reggaeton.
fucking love the stuff, it's tacky and mostly pretty shallow music (not a whole lot of soul or meaning (my 2c)) but man it's fun to listen to sometimes.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
few favourites atm are third Strike,kids like us,Guns up!,terror,stronghold,50 Lions,Lionheart,the dead walk etc
Third-Strike aint bad. Former drummer was at my bro's house on Friday night. The other dudes are cool too.

floody

Wheel size expert
I like riding bikes; and listening to good music.
I can't define either activity any closer than that really.

Christo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oh yeah, I'm also listening to ambient electronic music like the album leaf/mum/sigur ros type stuff.

It's death metal for singlespeeder hippies...