Zelvy Relaunched (ZLV)

teK--

Eats Squid
I recall him saying how crap hope hubs were and how much better the one's he was putting out on the market exceeded them. The way he spoke to customers was amusing and horrifying at the same time, I know some people can be a thorn in the backside but as a business owner you just can't afford to do it.

When I was considering their wheels with the home brand hubs I asked what bearing sizes they used but all he kept saying was.. don't worry I will sell spare bearings soon. Needless to say I went elsewhere.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Isn't that what zelvy did anyway? Just pick out of a catalogue and put their decals on it.

I think it is what a lot of companies do, and not just in wheels. There's plenty of catalogue bike frames getting around out there.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I mean from the standpoint that Hunt has quite a good reputation and actually has very good customer service.
Theres a guy on this forum who purchased some wheels and had a decent experience with them.
If you're going to go for a cheap set of pre-built wheels that are meant to punch above their weight then I don't see why hunt would be a bad choice.

In terms of the hubs pretty sure they use the high engagement novatechs (I own a set and like them) which you're starting to see pop up on a few pre-built wheels (that will charge you $100's more), the new spank 350's use them for instance.
It might be me you are referring to. Bought a set of Hunt Trail Wide wheels about a year ago. Rode them reasonably hard and got a small flat spot in the rear rim. It was within their 60 day ‘ride and return’ period (just). I sent an email saying that i should have gone for the stronger ‘Enduro wide’ for the rear and asked if there was anything that could be done about it. I was prepared for some sort of negotiation but they just sent me an Enduro wide as a replacement. It was in line with the rhetoric on their website but I was surprised as companies so often don’t live up to their promises. Even harder in the days of online purchases and no local distro.

Since then both wheels have been flawless and i recommend them to anyone.

Yes they are novatect hubs but they are strong, responsive and reasonable weight and they fit all popular standards.

A couple of nice small touches include the spare spokes/nipples and a card that comes with the wheels to show the quality control that has been carried out for final spoke tension/dishing/truing etc.

I vote @Zaf is the tester. No one would hammer them with more venom than him! Might even see how they stand up to gunshots and fire at the end of the testing period! :p
This is worth chipping in for...

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
im not comfortable watching this witch hunt. I don't know any details of what's gone on, but Why have I not heard any of your voices in the past five years about this brand? If you don't have personal experience with Zelvy, please STFU and grow some balls and don't partake in mob mentality.
In a country that buys the cheapest shit they can like some sort of religion, you have to take some responsibility when that cheap stuff goes bad. Otherwise, pay your dues, do some research that isn't reading magazines, indirectly sponsored reviews or shop sales pitches, sponsored rider speak, marketing or infomercials of any sort and pay for quality. If you do want to buy cheap shit, again, do all the same research and get stuff from the manufacturers brands without the shwanky stickers.

Flow-Rider

Burner
im not comfortable watching this witch hunt. I don't know any details of what's gone on, but Why have I not heard any of your voices in the past five years about this brand? If you don't have personal experience with Zelvy, please STFU and grow some balls and don't partake in mob mentality.
In a country that buys the cheapest shit they can like some sort of religion, you have to take some responsibility when that cheap stuff goes bad. Otherwise, pay your dues, do some research that isn't reading magazines, indirectly sponsored reviews or shop sales pitches, sponsored rider speak, marketing or infomercials of any sort and pay for quality. If you do want to buy cheap shit, again, do all the same research and get stuff from the manufacturers brands without the shwanky stickers.
There was a big shit show on here concerning the matter and on more than one occasion that's now since been deleted, in respect of the site owner and mods, the few of us that were involved or in the know have been pretty quiet about the matter. Most of us drop subtle hints or make a joke of it so that people don't get screwed all over again. Everyone has fuck ups no matter who you are, but when you don't admit it and don't want to accept responsibility, it's a pass from me for any future business interactions. Others might have had better interactions with the person in question and that is good luck for them.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
It's the arrogance that got me. I don't mind how you get your product. Most companies do a similar thing. But the customer service was an experience. He told my brother who broke a rim that he's seen him ride and not surprised he broke a rim after 6 runs. I got told my rim that cracked after 8 runs had a recall on it that I was never informed about. I After sending the wheel back in an enve box it took weeks to get back. I had to really message a few times a week for an update.
Ultimately it was always just difficult with Greg and many others had a similar experience.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Greg??, is that you???

If Zelvy didn't FUCK ITS CUSTOMERS OVER, then maybe people wouldn't be so keen to say negative things.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Do we really have to do this again?
The perfect quote for this thread.

There should be a sub-forum where all the allegedly dodgy motherfuckers taking peoples' hard-earned money and not giving them decent product and after sales service - are gathered together so that Burners can avoid them, just like people try to avoid contracting ebola.
I still have a bitchy passive aggressive PM from No Skid Marks, who seems to be one of zelvy/greg's little simps.

Are you a zelvy customer? Or just a pussy with mob mentality? Easy to beat on a brand without any personnel experience. Totally lame though as it isn't really justifiable.
As I said indirectly, I'd not buy Zelvy mupyself as they're just from a Chinese factory.
Actually I did buy one years ago, was a total burn at $500 or something, but still way cheaper than Envy. Rim would be five years old now, but no issues. But I then got more rims from same factory at half the price again.
I have nothing at all to to with Greg from Zelvy, apart from giving him advice on his turtle years ago.
I hate people selling Chinese stuff at inflated prices.
But I'm not going to beat on a guy who had a go in an industry he loves and I'm sure he looked after a lot of riders.
There's lots to unpack in this petulant little shit-nugget, none of it reflects well on Skid Mark. My 'favourite' bits have been highlighted in bold.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
The perfect quote for this thread.

There should be a sub-forum where all the allegedly dodgy motherfuckers taking peoples' hard-earned money and not giving them decent product and after sales service - are gathered together so that Burners can avoid them, just like people try to avoid contracting ebola.
I still have a bitchy passive aggressive PM from No Skid Marks, who seems to be one of zelvy/greg's little simps.

There's lots to unpack in this petulant little shit-nugget, none of it reflects well on Skid Mark. My 'favourite' bits have been highlighted in bold.
Is “advice on his turtle” a euphemism? Genuinely curious if an actual turtle was involved.