WARNING - Pacific Park track dissapointing!

mattvincent

Likes Dirt
I am totally on Jebus' side on this one. What is the point in having a downhill track where you are able to race and win on a 4x bike, it is stupid i think. 100% of the reason i didnt go to lithgow is because there is no point in paying to ride a track that i could construct in my local park in 5min or less.

Downhill tracks are meant to be challenging and they should be exceeding peoples skill levels all the time. Downhill is not just about the physical side of things but the mental stuff aswell, getting the guts to hit that bigger line to get the more valuable seconds. If alot of people get there way these days wiht constructing these dowhill tracks or lack of i cant wait to see how alot of our younger junior riders turn out. We all started on hard tracks and over time you gain the skill and mental strenght to be able to complete these tracks with more and more ease. But even the good need to be challenged.

Seato2

Squid
movie having another lauch at awaba and they should be in shops in bout three weeks being distributed by black phoenix so they should be in every shop

benji101

Likes Dirt
i back timmy up on what he says and yes it is hard to get some tracks approved and yes all the work the organisers put into it is great and we are greatful for it... but, maybe if there would be away to get the people that approve tracks to maybe give us what timmy is saying by giving the elite riders and all the jnrs that are quick and are going somewhere good hard "extreme" trails to be racing on but still have B lines and such for the younger or maybe not so skilled riders to say.?

benji101

Likes Dirt
you guys all have good points
but not all of us get given millions of dollars to build a bike park
not asking for a bike park..thats stromlo...just wanting harder tracks...rocks and such u dont need to pay for them....

what matt said sums it up really! spot on!;)

Jebus

Pro Rider
How are we going to produce to quality racers if we don't race at all? That's the choice we had Tim. A piss poor choice, yes but the only one we had.

The tracks used were all we had at the time. And I have to say I'm looking at all this crap and wondering if it's worth the jumping through the hoops and going to the effort of getting a new track approved and built for next year. if this is the type of appreciation shown I think I'll just go riding myself and screw hosting races.
ok i see where you are coming from, i have not had a go at any orgainisers at all, infact i acctually applauded their efforts! The organisation of the races have run awesomely all year. all im trying to do is create an awareness for the future for the tracks.

seaton, you and i both know that you dont need a million dollars to build a decent track....

Seato2

Squid
did you see all the folded wheels o the weekend
i think that almost every body put a flat spot in there wheel
and yes lithgow was piss easy but with the short notice that craig and skinny and all the lithgow guys had they did it to the best of the ability with the time given, next year when the series isnt so on the spot for the organisers
it will be better
but u just have to keep in mind that not many ppl have all weekend for building tracks
lucky w had so many volunteers for the track building otherwise we prob would of just bunted the gully and said ride that.
nice work on the weekend to ben

Seato2

Squid
Inevitable Descent
and tim and not saying u need a million dollars
it just that canberra has had it pretty easy
im not saying its a bad thing its great for the sport
but im pretty sure that they have been given shit that we can oly dream bout

Jebus

Pro Rider
Inevitable Descent
and tim and not saying u need a million dollars
it just that canberra has had it pretty easy
im not saying its a bad thing its great for the sport
but im pretty sure that they have been given shit that we can oly dream bout
they may have but its a mountain bike park as ben said... it isnt the only track we have in canberra either, there is Isaacs( you may have seen it in "because we can" with ben cory), majura and Kowen forest, all littered with downhill trails.... they wernt built with money...

Seato2

Squid
i no u have heaps of trails so jealous
but it wasnt that hard for u guys to get into the places
cause everyone is behind u in canberra
im just saying that out at wsmtb of lithgow of central coast weve had to work our asres off to get the places that we have
and we dont have the greatest hills cause all the places around here are national parks and they wont let us touc em with a ten foot pole

Jebus

Pro Rider
i no u have heaps of trails so jealous
but it wasnt that hard for u guys to get into the places
cause everyone is behind u in canberra
im just saying that out at wsmtb of lithgow of central coast weve had to work our asres off to get the places that we have
and we dont have the greatest hills cause all the places around here are national parks and they wont let us touc em with a ten foot pole
i know this, and it sucks...ok ok lithgow was slapped together at the last minute which is understandable... and as far as i know pacific park was done preety last minute too? like 2 or so weeks before.... im just saying that more planning needs to be done like has been done with awaba.... i have seen working bees for that place for the last month or so and there is still another 3 weeks before the race, and the track is going to be great by the looks of it and from what ive heard... a good track takes a while to build, not the weekend before the race.the track needs to be tested and then changed if something doesnt work leading into a race the places the tracks have been at have been sufficent enough to build race tracks on...just takes time...

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
ok i see where you are coming from,..all im trying to do is create an awareness for the future for the tracks.
Yeah it's all cool, I'm just suffering from GPS (grumpy prick syndrome.)

As I said it was the goal this year to provide quality venues all series. It's disappointing we couldn't and I think every one involved is trying to get to the stage when there are 10 great sites we can rotate the series through year about. We haven't got them yet but each hosting club is doing the best with what they have got.

trust me if we had a 5 min track that didn't need a single pedal stroke, with a 2 min shuttle road, parking for 1000, a canteen, spa and nudie bar we'd be there:D

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
i know this, and it sucks...ok ok lithgow was slapped together at the last minute which is understandable... and as far as i know pacific park was done preety last minute too? like 2 or so weeks before.... im just saying that more planning needs to be done like has been done with awaba.... i have seen working bees for that place for the last month or so and there is still another 3 weeks before the race, and the track is going to be great by the looks of it and from what ive heard... a good track takes a while to build, not the weekend before the race. the places the tracks have been at have been sufficent enough to build race tracks on...just takes time...

I agree wholeheartedly.

To be honest, I quite enjoyed Lithgow, but I think that its not a patch on any of the older tracks we've raced (although I know those tracks are unavailable.

I missed the race on the weekend deliberatly (I worked instead) based on the knowledge that the track would not be something that I wanted to race. I am aware that several others chose this option too, and I am not dissapointed in our choice. We made this decision months ago, as soon as the location had been announced. After speaking to several unhappy people who had decided not to race (having been at Friday/Saturday morning practice) based on the sate of the track, I think we made the right choice.

go to bed jessica

Likes Dirt
what some of you guys have to consider is how f&%king hard it actually is to get permission to build a track, especially around Sydney at the moment. There are some really cool places out there but getting access can take thousands of dollars and many, many years. Unfortunately it is a case of any hill is better than no hill.

The simple fact is that the reason we have tracks like PP and the short course at Lithgow is that's the best stuff we have in the Sydney area that is legal. I can understand if some of you guys are upset that the champ's were at PP, but as I understand it no one else was prepared to run the event.

There are precious few people who help run MTB racing is Australia, I think if some of you guys are that pissed about the track then maybe it's time that you took control. I say that without malice, I simply mean that if you wanna change things, putting your hand up will make the biggest difference.

Stabin away

Likes Bikes
Yeah it's all cool, I'm just suffering from GPS (grumpy prick syndrome.)

As I said it was the goal this year to provide quality venues all series. It's disappointing we couldn't and I think every one involved is trying to get to the stage when there are 10 great sites we can rotate the series through year about. We haven't got them yet but each hosting club is doing the best with what they have got.

trust me if we had a 5 min track that didn't need a single pedal stroke, with a 2 min shuttle road, parking for 1000, a canteen, spa and nudie bar we'd be there:D
If there was a track with a spa and a nudie bar my bike would stay in the car :):):) -- i like your thinking though mate -- point noted -- find spa or nudie bar with 5 min track in back yard -- il just google it

TransitionPete

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Im in :D

I must say there have been some very valid points raised from both sides

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
It's pretty simple really.

Problem: Availability in the Sydney area for DH tracks. We have Coffs, tops track; Canberra; good track (from what I hear); Ourimbah, an old favourite; Thredbo; My all time favourite track. But we've lost the state mine track R.I.P. and there aren't too many other areas around Sydney to build. So that means the organisers are always going to be stuck behind the 8ball trying to organise anything.

From what I can tell, everyone supports the organisers and wants better tracks to ride close to Sydney (thinking Lithgow, PP, Dargle etc.) that have all the facilities and long adventurous tracks with good flow and little flat/uphills.

The only hard part is making this happen. No one can perform miracles and make tracks where we are not allowed to ride. That cuts out pretty much all of Sydney's surrounding areas. We need to find a solution to this problem more than anything else.

Don't expect Arpit to help though.

Last edited:

kanga

Squid
I enjoy inserting hot soapy fingers into many of my body's cavities.

I enjoy sniffing dirty undies and love a warm public toilet seat.

I hate beer and love Vodke Cruisers.

Where's my nappy.....?

Last edited by a moderator: