WARNING - Pacific Park track dissapointing!

arpit

Banned
Were there many people on XC bikes there? How did their riders place in comparison to the guys on Big Bikes?

Jebus

Pro Rider
xc bikes have nothing to do with it. the tracks have up hills in them........ i rode a 4x bike at lithgow....how is that a downhill track?

Stabin away

Likes Bikes
xc bikes have nothing to do with it. the tracks have up hills in them........ i rode a 4x bike at lithgow....how is that a downhill track?
doesnt Stromlo have a few uphills in it ?

isnt this the country's premier downhill track?

Jebus

Pro Rider
have u been to stromlo latley? that nationals was a test race, it has been changed dramatically and i can tell you that it is alot faster and is a perfect race track now. it was preety pez to start with but glen has done a great job....

Stabin away

Likes Bikes
well thats great to hear mate ,

so it wasnt perfect to start with , so he took on board the comments and corrected them after it was raced on at a major event .

arpit

Banned
Yes it does. I want to know wheter people had an advantage riding XC bikes. I was not replying to your post specifically.

7point3

Likes Dirt
I personally didnt like the track to start off with but i got to like certain sections of it. There were some things that i would have liked in the track like maybe some bigger stuff (jumpd, drops etc) but i walked up and down the track and there were not many oportunities for this no matter where the track was built the only other let down with the tack was that it was so short compared to coffs harbour and some of the other tracks.

Seato2

Squid
ok i signed up for farkin finally so i can have my say in all of this

earlier in this massive forum somebody said that the reason that not as many people turned up to kurrajong and pp is because of the tracks being below average or "dissapointing" now i dont no how many ppl have ridin on the new 4x track up at kurrajong but i reckon it is the best 4x track i have ever riden on and ive basically riden on every one in australia or at least seen it in person. as for the pp dh track i find it a new skill to add to any riders repertoire were in the circuit did we have ne thing like it were u had to keep your speed up to link the sections together. it was hard in its own way. at first i didnt like the hair pin after te up hill either but once i sat there with kelvin o conner i had a hole new respect for it. at the end of the day i felt as though the track flod awsome.

next to the perso who brought in the uci rules for building a track. nsw does not run uci we run mtba if u didnt already no that.
and as fo not having a track with minimal pedaling that is also another skill you need to poses to be at the top of the podium even though it isnt i techi skill it is oe that we need to have. and sorry tim to say this but brad has stepped it up a notch he has the skills now and the power( pedalling another skill), and i personally think that you rode the best state series that you ever rode. and u cant just sit there and say that u didnt enjoy the little single track race at lithgow good times

to the guy who started this hole forum i think that next time you can have a go at the event once it has been run, and try not to discurage ppl from coming using things like warning or dissapoiting as the heading of this hole thing. have your say once it is done and im sure that the shuttles and the fact that we finished racing at 230 certainly made up for it.

also i will prob have another launch at awaba with another launching movie hope to see everyone there on the track and th launch venue

BKelly

teh fast
People say that it was so pedally thou i found it hard to pedal in most sections due to it being so rough with heaps of exposed rocks everywhere? Out of the two minutes or whatever time you did there was only about 30 seconds of pedaling? (some XC race!)

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Well I'm going to use this opportunity to plug track building and maintenance days.

This is not an attack on any one single person BUT if you want your ideas put to good use, please turn up to a build day.

There's always going to be a bunch of different opinions on what should be built where, so as long as you're there, you can have your say and most probably build it too.

If you can spare a day or 2 on the weekend between now and September, why not come to one of the build days for our State Finals track at Awaba. The main-track is almost finished but we're always keen on feedback. We've already had several areas that have been test-ridden and modified since people weren't happy with the original design (yes clubs do actually listen to your feedback).

See you on the weekend?

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
I want to know wheter people had an advantage riding XC bikes.
Why? you wasn't planning on attending anyway and if I remember correctly don't care.

But anyhoo, DH bikes were definitely an advantage,

But we need to get better tracks....

No one is arguing that.

For the record Squid did come up with a set of standards he wanted for the state races. Unfortunately a few of the original venues fell through.

It's ironic Xc has plenty of great venues and no riders while we have plenty of riders but are struggling for the venues/hosting club.

As I said before Lithgow was not in the original line up this year. When we were ask to fill in for another venue we still had the state mine. When we lost that I agonised over whether or not to run the twin tracks.

In the end it was race there or drop the round altogether and while it may not have been the best test for the Eilte riders it was a good way to introduce younger (and older) riders to the scene.

I think in theory we'd all like to see 5 tracks that truly tested the elite, but at the end of the day elite make up 40 riders out of the 230+ the rounds have been attracting. Is it so bad to aim 1 or 2 rounds at the general riders?

Jebus

Pro Rider
sorry tim to say this but brad has stepped it up a notch he has the skills now and the power( pedalling another skill), and i personally think that you rode the best state series that you ever rode. and u cant just sit there and say that u didnt enjoy the little single track race at lithgow good times
Im not taking anything away from brad at all, he is riding unbelievable at the moment and full congrats to him and the other guys this series!
Im just saying that these tracks are not race tracks, im saying this because i want it to be taken into account. the tracks just need to be changed and that is all that needs to be done and we would have a series that would be awesome. you could say its a "skill" to pedal and i agree but does every track we race have to have the same major skill to decide the winner?

I can sit here and say i didnt enjoy the litghow track because i think it had 9 or so corners on it! it was 50 seconds long. i couldnt enjoy it knowing that this race had points for the NSW series up for grabs. sure it would be fun to ride after work or something but to race i mean come on....

thecat

I think what Seato is trying to say (Are you drunk young man?)

Kurrajong was bagged because the jumps were too big and the track too fast. PP was bagged because it was too slow and the jumps too small...

Jebus

Pro Rider
I think in theory we'd all like to see 5 tracks that truly tested the elite, but at the end of the day elite make up 40 riders out of the 230+ the rounds have been attracting. Is it so bad to aim 1 or 2 rounds at the general riders?

Elite may make up just 40 riders.... but all in all what is downhill?
it isnt a tame sport, it is "extreme" so why are tame tracks being built? how is australia going to continue producing world class riders when the tracks we race on are made for 10 year old riders? Im all for young kids racing dont get me wrong, thats why there are A and B lines.... , not a whole track which is B line....

Seato2

Squid
also prob another reason why we didnt have that many ppl show up for the dh and 4x champs. only having full licence people racing .dont get me wrong why should some random show up and take the title on a day licence

thecat

Elite may make up just 40 riders.... but all in all what is downhill?
it isnt a tame sport, it is "extreme" so why are tame tracks being built? how is australia going to continue producing world class riders when the tracks we race on are made for 10 year old riders? Im all for young kids racing dont get me wrong, thats why there are A and B lines.... , not a whole track which is B line....
How are we going to produce to quality racers if we don't race at all? That's the choice we had Tim. A piss poor choice, yes but the only one we had.

The tracks used were all we had at the time. And I have to say I'm looking at all this crap and wondering if it's worth the jumping through the hoops and going to the effort of getting a new track approved and built for next year. if this is the type of appreciation shown I think I'll just go riding myself and screw hosting races.

BKelly

teh fast
also i will prob have another launch at awaba with another launching movie hope to see everyone there on the track and th launch venue
Hey, disapointed i missed your movie. Is it for sale or how can i get to check it out if not at awaba?