WARNING - Pacific Park track dissapointing!

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just got back from Pacific Park for the first practise day of the NSW state championships and I am very unhappy and dissapointed with the venue.

The track has only one proper burm on it, there are do decent jumps or drops and there is alot of uphill sections. I believe the track doesnt flow well at all and the amount of pedaling required is more than a cross country ride.

After the last race at Coffs Harbour this is a huge dissapointment. To go from a track that is fast, technical in places and has jumps and drops to the Pacific Park track is like riding a M3 or V10 and trying to compare it to a Kmart Huffy.:eek:

It is not a state championship worthy track.:mad:

If you go take your cross country bike and helmet.

And for anyone that asks I wont be racing at all. I am not going back.

BRING ON AWABA, that looks like alot of fun!!!!!:D

norcorulz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just got back from Pacific Park for the first practise day of the NSW state championships and I am very unhappy and dissapointed with the venue.

The track has only one proper burm on it, there are do decent jumps or drops and there is alot of uphill sections. I believe the track doesnt flow well at all and the amount of pedaling required is more than a cross country ride.

After the last race at Coffs Harbour this is a huge dissapointment. To go from a track that is fast, technical in places and has jumps and drops to the Pacific Park track is like riding a M3 or V10 and trying to compare it to a Kmart Huffy.:eek:

It is not a state championship worthy track.:mad:

If you go take your cross country bike and helmet.

And for anyone that asks I wont be racing at all. I am not going back.

BRING ON AWABA, that looks like alot of fun!!!!!:D
First of all i don't think you should be commenting on your views of the track on farkin especially when it starts tomorrow. I can understand where you are coming from with the pedalling as i have ridden at PP before (obvioulsy not the State Track). I think you need to realise the hard work that Rick Boyer and many wsmtb member (pylet guys included) have worked to create this track. It was built from scratch. However, i will wait until tomorrow afternoon and ask my brother what he thinks of it

Sandman

Likes Bikes
maybe the organising body should be looking at rider numbers at events. the drop in rider numbers at kurrajong and pacific park say alot about what riders like and dont like.

have your opinion but overall it seems the majority of riders dont care for these races. we'll see what happens for the rest of the series. catch you at awaba for a race not to mention people to race agaisnt

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
It is a good thing for the sport to hear people's opinions of the venues they get to ride. Sometimes its good feedback.......sometimes it isn't so positive.
Different horses for different courses I guess.

G-Man

Likes Dirt
Yep ..

It is a good thing for the sport to hear people's opinions of the venues they get to ride. Sometimes its good feedback.......sometimes it isn't so positive.
Different horses for different courses I guess.
Well said Dozer ..

Cant make-em-all happy now can we , like you said
different strokes for different folks ..

I do supose Forums are a good place to Cry though cause
nobody can see you :)

Catch ye up Coffs bruva ..

G-man outy

norcorulz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
oh and awabas track is built from scratch too so boo hoo
Mate, whats your problem. I think you should be thanking the volunters that created the track because without them there would literally be no downhill tracks in Australia. You really need to realise that without passionate people like volunteers our sport will diminish. The same goes for Awaba. So before you go blowing your mouth open, think with your brain then type!

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
Mate, whats your problem. I think you should be thanking the volunters that created the track because without them there would literally be no downhill tracks in Australia. You really need to realise that without passionate people like volunteers our sport will diminish. The same goes for Awaba. So before you go blowing your mouth open, think with your brain then type!
No offense mate, I am a volunteer at Awaba. So is Squid, so is Nicho, and Sandman will be. I havn't seen you there...

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
I liked it and thought it flowed well. It aint a huck track which is something different for PP.

Yep you needed to pedal and there is some up hills but if you have the skill to nail the sections before hand the ups ain't bad.

I like the challenge of off chamber and flat corners. Anyone can rail a berm.

Beside the beauty of a series is that each track is different and you get to ride different things.

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I like the challenge of off chamber and flat corners. Anyone can rail a berm.
Yep, me too. A different type of terrain with various challenges can only improve your skills.

Sometimes, to go downhill one must travel slightly uphill............:cool:

norcorulz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No offense mate, I am a volunteer at Awaba. So is Squid, so is Nicho, and Sandman will be. I havn't seen you there...
Daver, in my above posts i have been praising the work that yourself and many others do. I am in no way saying anything negative. All i ask is that we give the guys at WSMTB a fair go with the State Championships.

If people end up disliking the track like VTSS350 then WSMTB and others will learn what the riders want for a DH track and they will take the riders advice into consideration next time.

So just go out on saturday and sunday and ride your bike. Have fun, ride with your mates and give it all you have. Because that is what mountain biking is all about!

Sandman

Likes Bikes
mate im not bashing there volunteer work but maybe they should plan a bit better before building

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
First of all i don't think you should be commenting on your views of the track on farkin especially when it starts tomorrow

Why its a public fourm. Thats what its there for.

Yes credit where credits due. They have built a track and I thank them for trying but in my opion its not a patch on any of the other downhill tracks on our state calander and I for one wont be racing on it.

I ride cross country 3-4 times a week around manly dam and redhill and I perosnally cant see much difference between these tracks and Pacific Park.

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
OK guys. I've just cleaned up some of the abuse here. Can we please keep the feedback constructive. Feedback is good but lets keep the personal slander out of this alright.

As for our governing body. It's NSWMTB's first year in office and we/they are far from perfect. This has been a large learning experience for us and we can only put this feedback into use for next years series.

Thanks to everyone who kept their feedback productive.

Any more slander and I'll bring out the banning stick.

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
I'm not sure all this animosity towards the trail is a good thing. Feedback is cool as long as its kept constructive. Directing attacks at people who built the trail is definitely not on either. These things don't appear over night, and no one sets out to deliberately create a trail others won't like.

Not all people are going to like all tracks, thats a fact, but if all trails were the same then it would be a boring world.

I'd hate to think that all trails on the State Series were the same and (bear in mind I haven't seen PP, and can't be there for personal reasons) for that reason think PP has its place, as did lithgow (that turned out to be a very successful experiment). I'm also quiet sure the trail crew milked everything they could out of the area they had at their disposal.

I guess what I am asking for here is that people be constuctive and show some respect with comments, that doesn't mean pissing in the pockets of WSMTB or Pylet or whoever built it.

I'll be expecting the same with Awaba, comment fine, tell us what you don't like. But be respectful with what is raised.

Shaun

Likes Dirt
All i can say is eat a big one e.g. whale size.

Seriously, WSMTB DH would be dead if Steve hadn't stepped in. He works hard to get various locations for us to ride at. This takes alot of personal time out of his hands. For christ sakes i can understand that some tracks people like and others don't, but don't go posting up a post saying:

WARNING!!! I AM A SPOILT SHIT WHO WANTS ALL TRACKS TO BE PEFECTLY GROOMED WITH A BERM IN EVERY CORNER. THIS TRACK IS DISAPPONTING.

Let everyone make up ther own mind.

Why don't you volunteer some of your time and maybe be slightly more constructive aye??

Track is pretty cool in my opinion, have to work hard to keep up your speed. It's a bit of a challenge.

Maybe you should ride more instead of whinge.

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I loved the lithgow tracks, they had a bit of everything in them.

Unfortunatly PP doesnt. Thats just my opion though.

Lets wait and see how many people race at PP and their feelings of the track.