WARNING - Pacific Park track dissapointing!

daddyrat

Likes Dirt
it wasn't a state championship track and that's all there is to it.
why couldn't wsmtb or lithgow organize the race at lets say ourimba?
and i would certainly chip in with some form of help!!!!!

Last edited:

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
And to think I said earlier in the thread that johnny wasn't any fun:D

10 out of 10 for that one big fella

Last edited:

Seato2

Squid
il tell u y daddy rat
cause my dad has had to do 3 trips from pacific park and back to my place which is like 50 minutes away
to get all the trailers back to our place
would u like to do a 1 and 1/2 hour trip each way three times a
i dont think that ne one realises how much shit my dad has done for this sport

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
it wasn't a state championship track and that's all there is to it.
why couldn't wsmtb or lithgow organize the race at lets say ourimba?
It was suggested but logistically it wasn't going to happen.
i know for our races me and skinny are pretty much at the track in between work and sleep for a week before the race getting things set up. then there is all the local knowledge of first aid, volunteers hire gear.... race day is the easy part. Not to mention the pack up and clean up the following week.

Lot's of things were considered, hell Oxford falls was even brought up

Last edited:

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
il tell u y daddy rat
cause my dad has had to do 3 trips from pacific park and back to my place which is like 50 minutes away
to get all the trailers back to our place
would u like to do a 1 and 1/2 hour trip each way three times a
i dont think that ne one realises how much shit my dad has done for this sport
That's why I haven't banned him yet for the shocking posts he puts on this forum. You however are getting mighty close to a holiday if you don't run your posts through a spell-check.

On a side note, you might want to contact myself, Lenny, or Robbie Mc regarding the DVD launch as we're putting the flyer for the event up in a couple of days.

Last edited:

Seato2

Squid
ok cool squid
thanks for the heads up with the flyers
i actually talked to josh today regarding it and having the launch with another movie

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
ok cool squid
thanks for the heads up with the flyers
i actually talked to josh today regarding it and having the launch with another movie
Love your work

Josh seems to rate your flick pretty highly. Big call coming from him. Looking forward to seeing it.

Wayno

I've got Gravity on my side
You sound like you need a bit of an upper coast hug Flynny we'll look after you at the final round Awaba.
I'm a bit dissapointed I couldn't hang around to see the presso, I came down with Brock and he was a bit worst for wares after his huge off, and he just wanted to go home and start drinking (we all know it was really me) thanks Pendo for driving.
Congrats to all the winners especially Brad that is about 1000000 races in a row now, I am pretty certain that is now 11 consistant state races.
Brad its a pitty you weren't playing football or cricket because I am sure the sports editer of the local paper I called to do a story on you and Brock would have jump at the chance but we are only playing with kids toys.
Hey Lenny we had another one with Susan Forrester, CCOMTB is winning, that is at least 4 winners to your 3 and one trailer. Where are the results?

I've heard getting in between you and Wayno will do that.

daddyrat

Likes Dirt
and seato.
again no disrespect to your dad.
i'm well aware how much he and your mum have put in and that without them dh in nsw wouldn't be anywhere near where it is
cheerio

Last edited:

Seato2

Squid
your in the flick a little bit squid
back in the day with you famous blonde hair du at thredbo
and when i try to spell check i have to download it and its not letting me download the program so sorry about that
is it really that hard to understand any way

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
movie having another lauch at awaba and they should be in shops in bout three weeks being distributed by black phoenix so they should be in every shop
We're having a movie launch?? Thats news to me.

Might want to let people know the venue as the track is 45mins out of the CBD.

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
is it really that hard to understand any way
Is it really that hard for you to use English. I recommend you try it before someone who doesn't know and therefor appreciate your dads work bans you.

Now this is the last post about following forum rules. From here on, you're all banned if you break them. Back on topic.

sammydog

It's pretty simple really.

Problem: Availability in the Sydney area for DH tracks. We have Coffs, tops track; Canberra; good track (from what I hear); Ourimbah, an old favourite; Thredbo; My all time favourite track. But we've lost the state mine track R.I.P. and there aren't too many other areas around Sydney to build. So that means the organisers are always going to be stuck behind the 8ball trying to organise anything.

From what I can tell, everyone supports the organisers and wants better tracks to ride close to Sydney (thinking Lithgow, PP, Dargle etc.) that have all the facilities and long adventurous tracks with good flow and little flat/uphills.

The only hard part is making this happen. No one can perform miracles and make tracks where we are not allowed to ride. That cuts out pretty much all of Sydney's surrounding areas. We need to find a solution to this problem more than anything else.

Don't expect Arpit to help though.
The problem is getting people to get off their arse and first look for land and second, to actually put in the time and money to get something to happen.

The visible part of awaba has only been the last two months, but getting to that point took almost 3 years of planning, reports and a lot of time and money. The area came so close to becoming a National Park it isn't funny.

And the DH trail is only a small part of the project. Still a lot more time and money to sink into this thing which we won't see back for a long time.

But, if someone is willing to accept it will take a long time, the goal isn't unachievable. I think the problem is that we inherently have short attention spans and would prefer to be riding rather than fighting for access.

daddyrat

Likes Dirt
well said, well said

But, if someone is willing to accept it will take a long time, the goal isn't unachievable. I think the problem is that we inherently have short attention spans and would prefer to be riding rather than fighting for access.[/quote]

sammydog

You sound like you need a bit of an upper coast hug Flynny we'll look after you at the final round Awaba.

Hey Lenny we had another one with Susan Forrester, CCOMTB is winning, that is at least 4 winners to your 3 and one trailer. Where are the results?
We've just claimed sport men.

That takes it to CCOMTB 4 - HMBA 4 + one trailer.

And Flynny, you can claim the CCOMTB/HMBA hug at awaba.