Age is no boundary!

scbullit

Likes Dirt
The best rider out of our group is 52 he comes from a MX background so is skilled up , he out climbs and out hucks all of us he is amazing , on a tight single track we cannot catch him , four kids under the belt and untill this year he was pretty much fearless untill he had a full knee recon. after blowing his A.C. on a jump I still won't do .
That has slowed him about 5-10% he is an inspiration and I think he will be out riding us for decades to come , his dad still rides at 80 !! builds his own bikes and can mono for over a kilometer. Is it genetic or is it coming from a generation that did stuff outside all day untill dark instead of the X-BOX TV generation of today, which ever the reason I am always following behind on the trail only to find him already at the rest stop waiting with a "what took you so long grin on his face"
BUGGER!!
That's awesome!

Digressing oh so slightly, how many of ye olde gits will be at the Scott 24 Hour?
I'll be there...

I'm 36 and love all aspects of mtb, especially love racing against all the other vets here in Canberra - Great fun is always had by all!
Also loved my most recent trip to Whistler in July - a couple of pics of Crab Apple Hits and Original Sin...

Attachments

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
I commute 60kms a day on my Gary Fisher rigid 29er, then off-road on trails each Sunday, mostly national parks, on my Santa Cruz Chamelon. I'm 59 - no need to stop- ride for ever!
Deadset legends. You and old4dy... much respect to you guys. :cool: In fact, any rider 50+ absolutely rocks.... I can only hope I'm still rippin' at your age!:)

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Uninformed, quite obviously! :p
Well, the washboard stomach is loooong gone, but I ain't carrying around a beer gut! Just slight lovehandles...:eek:

Christ.... I'm 35 and work at a computer everyday... gimmee a break!:p I still commute ~50km a day though...

Johnny, yer 35? Jeez... I gotta find out your diet and exercise regime! :eek: I thought you were younger for sure!

Cooch

Likes Dirt
Well, the washboard stomach is loooong gone, but I ain't carrying around a beer gut! Just slight lovehandles...:eek:

Christ.... I'm 35 and work at a computer everyday... gimmee a break!:p I still commute ~50km a day though...

Johnny, yer 35? Jeez... I gotta find out your diet and exercise regime! :eek: I thought you were younger for sure!
Check your real age here! The healthier you are and the more riding you do affects your score!

http://www.poodwaddle.com/realage.swf

Enjoy. I'm 12!!

Cooch

Likes Dirt
You know, of course you are only as old as the girl you are holding.:)
Ha ha ha ha, you're so polite and politically correct :D It's actually you're only as old as the girl you are fu.....g ha ha ha ha Which would make me 36 again!

rdomain

Squid
Good to see the older peeps on here. I'm 33 and have been riding for years and years. Started downhill riding prob 12+ years ago when there was no such things as triple clamp forks :eek: and I rode my hardtail til I destroyed just about everything on it except the frame.
I still ride every week injury/illness permitting and still love it. I ride with dudes 10 years younger and dudes older than me. It's all good. I hope to be downhilling for another 10!!

Dug

Likes Dirt
I turned 15 only 30 years ago and I will be 16 in November. It's a slow process this aging but time does move and the body does get a few more aches. Still race XC Heh heh love beating the bigeebers outa then young whippersnappers 1/2 my age. Startd Downhill about 2 years ago.... Well got a bike that was built for it seems to go faster than my old DX 8.1 Pro. Most of my recreational riding and long distance stuff is done on my beloved 06 Teocali Elite, race the short stuff on my Iorn Horse Pro Comp. Did a 4 hour on this hardtail and started feeling that there was something wrong with my back, musta been a virus, and get accused of being some type of dv8,:cool: fart arseing around on my Chase on the street and parks with the kids. (Some people have just got small minds this actually happened) But now it's time for a relaxing downhill run on my Faith 2.... Lifes goooood

Think I am old enough to start 4x next year

See ya out there

SmokedHam

Likes Dirt
Hey all, ive just checked this tread after months, 4153 views thats Farkin awsome :) iam stoked there's so many Old farkiners out there just like me, Beers & Cheers to all.....