2010/2011 Vic DH State Series Official Discussion Thread!!

Wikid Z

Likes Dirt
Thanks to all that have already registered online. Online rego closes Wednesday midnight.

Last edited:

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Any helmet cam getting round of this race track could make people more interested in coming.
+ 1 for helmet cam footage of the track were racing for Shep this weekend
I believe Hux was out there today and got some footage. The track is in great condition and a start ramp will be put in place tomorrow. The weather is looking good also. Low 20's for the weekend.
I got footage yesterday, it's a mash up of 2 different runs but you'll all get the idea. Thanks Scott for organising that for me.

Seriously, if you're not pumped for this weekend there is something wrong with you. This place is so much fun, and that's what racing is all about. The track we're racing is fun, challenging in sections and enough jumps to get your air time on.

Oh, and don't forget, you can't drop a round. So it makes attending Mt Major and Maldon all that more important.

See you all there Saturday morning.:D

P.S. My Mac is currently crunching away at the Helmet Cam footage. I'll get it up ASAP.

Wikid Z

Likes Dirt
Thanks for that Hux. My footage was crap. Looking at the ground to much. Happy with my time though. Can do all the a line except for the "Nut Cracker Suite" section (the doubles are at the bottom) and came in with a time of 2min 29sec. Will be a low 2 min for the elite and U19's

Wikid Z

Likes Dirt
Hux's footage of the track at Mt Major. Thanks again Hux for doing it. Saved me from trying to do it again today.

[video=vimeo;22881116]http://vimeo.com/22881116[/video]

Staunch

Eats Squid
Bike's broken and I'm not too keen to ride but I'll be out there taking pics so huck some shit or try a crazy gap line or just do something good and I'll try and get a snap :)

cluster

Likes Dirt
Bike's broken and I'm not too keen to ride but I'll be out there taking pics so huck some shit or try a crazy gap line or just do something good and I'll try and get a snap :)
Agreed. I will do a massive skid, right in front of you... then look behind me to see if you got a pic or not, and crash into a tree which i never saw coming.
oh wait, there aren't any are there? :confused:

edit: ... assuming my wrist is better and i can ride... which it may not be :(

Wikid Z

Likes Dirt
We are getting close to 100 pre registered for the weekend. Keep them coming and see if we can crack 100. Makes the job a lot easier and less stressful for the girls in the rego tent if people register online.

Online rego closes midnight tonight.

Thank you to all those that have already registered. Going to be a great weekend of riding and racing.

sim70n

Likes Bikes
I registered online last night and the payment hasn't gone through on the credit card who is the best person to ring to get the payment sorted out organizing club or mtba?

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I registered online last night and the payment hasn't gone through on the credit card who is the best person to ring to get the payment sorted out organizing club or mtba?
Start off with sending Wikid Z a PM.

Last edited:

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That /\ and I'd suggest dealing with the club. MTBA never got your money and it has to go to the club ultimately. We had a few cases of this at the Yack race. The online rego system has a few problems.

YouYangsMTBinc

Likes Dirt
Final round at maldon

Another round of the VIC DH Series has been run and won at Shepparton! Too everyone who did not come to this race you missed a great track and some spectacular riding. Be sure to make the effort and get out there next time and you wont be dissapointed!

This brings us to the FINAL ROUND at Maldon on the 14th & 15th May.Russell gave up racing at Shep to spend the weekend tweaking the track at Maldon so it will be in great shape for the race weekend.

Online rego is now open and will close at Midnight Wednesday 11th May
https://www.registernow.com.au/mtba/ERegister.aspx?E=535

VOLUNTEERSWe need about 20 volunteers both days as marshalls and drivers (12 seater mini bus). If you or anyone you know are able to help us please email youyangsmtbinc@yahoo.com.au. Food and drink provided along with some great volunteer prizes up for grabs.

See you all at Maldon