2010/2011 Vic DH State Series Official Discussion Thread!!

cluster

Likes Dirt
Cased the big double and headbutted the stem I think. Helmet and goggles weren't quite enough protection.
ouch... i thought i heard him squeal at some point during sunday;)
hope hes alright though, is it serious or just a panadol job?

Mr King

Likes Dirt
Nasty Harry Potter type gash on his forehead, pretty much a frontal lobe lobotomy - Around 20 stitches, it was gnarly watching the Doctor put it back together. Nato's fine, He'll see you all at Maldon...

my2cents

Cannon Fodder
Shepparton

I would just like to say thanks to Shep for a great race and those who chose not to come you missed out on a great weekend. Also to the rego ladies there once again to help us race a really big thanks and to the ladies at the top a job well done to you all, huge thanks.

Without these ladies and all the other organisers and volunteers these races would not happen and need to all be thanked a whole lot more than we do.

And lastly congrats to all those who raced and those who won and all the best to those who are injured.

See you all at Maldon

Whitie

Likes Dirt
Shepparton

I would just like to say thanks to Shep for a great race and those who chose not to come you missed out on a great weekend. Also to the rego ladies there once again to help us race a really big thanks and to the ladies at the top a job well done to you all, huge thanks.

Without these ladies and all the other organisers and volunteers these races would not happen and need to all be thanked a whole lot more than we do.

And lastly congrats to all those who raced and those who won and all the best to those who are injured.

See you all at Maldon
Hear Hear - from a spectators point of view where else can you sit and watch almost the entire race from top to bottom :) (plus the amenities were fantastic).

Trent (U19) - don't worry about Sponsors look where you've got yourself (I hear you put in a lot of hard yards) and I heard from a shuttle driver that you're a fantastic considerate kid too.:cool:

See you all in two weeks!!

Wikid Z

Likes Dirt
Hi everyone,

The GV MTB Club would like to thank all those that came to race and watch. It was a fantastic weekend. Thanks to the ladies at rego and thanks to the ladies that ran the top of the hill. The drivers running the shuttles did a awesome job as well.

Thanks to the mums and dads that taped me on the shoulder to tell me how much fun they and their family were having. It makes all those weeks spent out there worth while.

Thanks to the people that took tape down after the event on their way down to presentations. Finally, thanks to everyone for keeping the hill free of rubbish. Makes life easier and pack up quicker.

From a dads point of view, I would like to that the guys and girls that kept Zander (the little 3 and a half year old doing downhill runs) amused. I did notice he was a shadow to a few. He had a ball though. He was up this morning wanting to go out to Major for a ride.

See you all at Maldon.

scottysixx

Likes Bikes
Thanks to everyone for your positive feedback from the weekend as a club we are really happy that you all enjoyed Mt Major and the event. We would like to thank all the people who helped us run the event and those who volunteered over the two days you guys make these races possible, again thank you so much for the effort.:cool:

Mr King

Likes Dirt
Trent (U19) - don't worry about Sponsors look where you've got yourself (I hear you put in a lot of hard yards) and I heard from a shuttle driver that you're a fantastic considerate kid too.:cool:
All the girls want Trent as well, they're like "Trent! Trent! Give me back my purse!!"

AshR

Likes Dirt
Hey if someone can pass on a get fixed quick message to Nato that'd be great. saw pics of his injury last night from Moisty. faking OUCH.

Glad you're keen to get back into it for the next round :)

In slightly other news, my wrists are out of casts and working on actually moving them again. No chance for the last round (will be my 30th on sunday anyways) but will be back for next season if all goes to plan :)

notso

Likes Dirt
All the girls want Trent as well, they're like "Trent! Trent! Give me back my purse!!"
hahaha. "scratches caaaahhhhs"

I have to say all I had heard about the track at Shepparton leading up to the race was negative comments.
I'm so glad I went. The track was fantastic.

I've heard from a few people that they weren't expecting much and everyone I've spoken to has come away smiling even if they weren't expecting to.
Really well run race at a short but great race track. I'll be heading back to the next race there for sure.

YouYangsMTBinc

Likes Dirt
Final round - register now

Make sure you register online for the final round at Maldon.
https://www.registernow.com.au/mtba/ERegister.aspx?E=535

Registation closes in 7 days!!
We need every rider who has ridden this series to come to this event. The local Parks Victoria Ranger is pushing hard for Maldon to be developed into a mountain bike park like the You Yangs. The more riders that come to this event will prove to Parks Victoria that the they should be investing more time, effort and money into the trails at Maldon. So register on line.

VOLUNTEERS
We are still seeking volunters for marshalls and driving on the weekend. If you or your parents are able to help please email youyangsmtbinc@yahoo.com.au

See you all at Maldon

dhdr

Cannon Fodder
Last round VDHS

After such a great season and a well recieved round at Shepparton, Maldon is shapping up to be a great weekend.. The You Yangs boys are putting together some thing special ..BE THERE, don't miss out

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Posted this a while ago, but people have been asking me if there is one.
So decided to put it up again.

Thanks to Hux!!
And Karl Peel for pinning it.

[video=vimeo;16684458]http://vimeo.com/16684458[/video]

Please note that the track won't be exactly like whats in the video, as far as im aware theres been a few slight changes.