2010/2011 Vic DH State Series Official Discussion Thread!!

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Online Rego closes at Midnight TONIGHT

If we don't get many more online entries there will be some very long queues at Rego on Saturday morning. Remember entry on the day will be CASH ONLY.

Do everyone a favour and register online today!
https://www.registernow.com.au/mtba/ERegister.aspx?E=535

Weather is looking good too. Mostly sunny and 5 to 14 all weekend.

See you all at Maldon
I just tried to register online and it doesn't give me the option of Sunday only (can't make it on Saturday). Does that mean that online reg is only an option for the full weekend?

YouYangsMTBinc

Likes Dirt
I just tried to register online and it doesn't give me the option of Sunday only (can't make it on Saturday). Does that mean that online reg is only an option for the full weekend?
Unfortunatley the online rego system can only accept registration for the full weekend.

Rego is only open for 1 hour on Sunday 8am to 9am. No entries can be accepted after 9am. There is never a queue on Sunday morning.

See you at Malon

Tarrangower inc...

Not long to go, raceing in maldon, for the first time, we are looking forward to the whole weekend, weather is looking good, there is free camping up on mt. Tarrangower, Saturday arvo/night we are having a lamb spit roast, soft drinks, fires, music and an outdoor cinema, screening everything to do with downhill. You Yangs and us from Tarrangower would really like yous to come and join us...
Come throw a log on the fire

Russell...360

Likes Dirt
Track Conditions

hoping the sun will get out on the weekend, what has the weather been like up there?
There has been very little rain at Maldon, the light showers we have had are going to make for more grip and less blowouts.

Maldon is a very dry area that drains well and wont be muddy.

Wish i was riding but ill be too busy driving etc.

see you all there
Russ

indica

Serial flasher
http://www.weather.com.au/vic/maldon
Will be damn cold overnight though.
While it does drain well, it will eventually get waterlogged.... light showers are fine.

Congrats everyone.
Big thanks to Noel Muller for pushing the tracks through a few years ago. Without the foresight of a Parks Ranger none of this would be happening.
All it needs now is a Cross Country track and it will be the ultimate venue.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
http://www.weather.com.au/vic/maldon
Will be damn cold overnight though.
While it does drain well, it will eventually get waterlogged.... light showers are fine.

Congrats everyone.
Big thanks to Noel Muller for pushing the tracks through a few years ago. Without the foresight of a Parks Ranger none of this would be happening.
All it needs now is a Cross Country track and it will be the ultimate venue.
Do believe XC tracks are in the making at the moment, thats the word on the wire?

nev

Squid
Maldon

Hey everyone.
Track is going to be perfect for the weekend, the weather forecast all looks good.
Spit roast Saturday night and a outdoor cinema with some bike movies.
There's free camping too.

Come enjoy the last round of the vics.

indica

Serial flasher
Great day.
I was up at the top rock garden watching the pre jump over the rock drop the faster crew were doing.
Props, that bit looks like a mental challenge.
The track was mint and the crowd was good for such a fucking cold race.
I had a chat with Noel (the ranger) and he seemed quite happy with the whole thing.

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Very fast line - super high consequence of you get it wrong. Saw a huge stack there yesterday. What hoot of a track though.
I have to say awesome job to the You Yangs crew and to Russ and his crew for getting the track together in time. It held up remarkably well. Didn't come across anyone with anything other than a huge smile on their dial about the track. Just damn good fun. Transport was good too.
Music could have been better. Kings of Leon on repeat or folky, acoustic stuff doesn't cut it when you're getting ready to ride, but I'm nitpicking.
Had an awesome time!

Puppet Master

Likes Dirt
Fricken good finale to the series, short track but sooo much fun! Awesome job You Yangs and Club Wombat! Big props to all the volunteers too, Marshals, Drivers, Rego (Andrea, Simone, Simone and Michelle Currie, Helen and Bec) Timing and Mustering (Ian, Helen, Andrea and Simone C and Carmichael) it couldn;t happen without all these guys VOLUNTEERING, so make sure to say thanks to them when you see them at presentation day... maybe buy them a drink... They've done a fantastic job throughout the season! Thanks all.

We should also thank all the venues that hosted us too! and the Various race directors and others that I may have forgotten!

Thanks also for everyone for turning up to race, awesome crew!

Oh, and sorry to the dude I ran over in practice on Sunday, I tried to go round... Sorry fella!!

Last edited:

anth69

Likes Dirt
My only puncture all weekend was half way down the timed run and I still pulled one of my best results ... Hate that !