2012 World cup team rumours....(NOW 2013)

heavyp

You heard it here first
Just saw this, is that Jacey ? and maybe Sam over on the far left ?
CRCHint.jpg

also the instagram thing someone mentioned
Screen shot 2012-12-26 at 5.27.07 PM.jpg

Last edited:

driftking

Wheel size expert
Te guy sitting down facing away on the far left looks like matti. Don't ask me why probably too much watching riding films as becoming aware of head shapes ahahaha

Rider15

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Te guy sitting down facing away on the far left looks like matti. Don't ask me why probably too much watching riding films as becoming aware of head shapes ahahaha
yeah either way it will be one of the riders on the team and not Jacy.

Lt Dan

Likes Bikes
Holly Feniak looks like a piece of holly on the bike shes junior world champ maybe a big team are going to start taking on the fast girls
she could be taking Emmeline Ragots spot at Mondraker

Last edited:

brendonj

Likes Dirt
This season just passed, he finished 5th overall and had consistant podiums, coming off 2 of the worst seasons of his career previous to that. How exactly is he 'just' a top 10 rider? Over 200 people show up to a lot of the World Cups and he is still beating 98% of them... He is still in that top tier of highest paid mountain bike riders on the planet. Look out for Sam coming harder next year, experience over balls-to-the-wall riding will go a long way in DH, and he has that.
Fifthed overall. I would sum the below up as a top 10 rider on a race by race basis - ie he will be in the top 10.

What has the number of people he is racing against got to do with whether he is in the top 5 or top 10??

Like I said, I got a lot of respect for him and the fact he is at the pointy end of the comp. But the speed and intensity (balls to the wall riding you mention) to match even the top 3 just hasn't been there for a long time (years now) - let alone to win the overall. I would love to see it again - like most of us. But just being frank about how I see things.

Pietermaritzburg - 11th (+5.8)
Val di Sole - 7th (+10.5)
Fort William - 4th (+3.5)
Mont-Sainte-Anne - 5th (+3.6)
Windham - 7th (+3.6)
Val d'Isère - 27th (+6.5)
Norway - 5th (+4.7)

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sam being 6.5 seconds back with a crash and he had to run up the next bit.
he was a contender for the the podium for sure

heavyp

You heard it here first
Don't forget Sam crashed at Val D'Isere in a section of track that added a lot of extra time to his result. I recon he could have won it without the crash.
Def have to agree with this one, sam was on a flyer and that section where he slide out was at the bottom of a little offcamber uphill he lost more seconds than what he finshed down on.

brendonj

Likes Dirt
Def have to agree with this one, sam was on a flyer and that section where he slide out was at the bottom of a little offcamber uphill he lost more seconds than what he finshed down on.
Must admit I didn't see this round, but just had a look, and I am still not convinced. Maybe lost 5 seconds. Hannah who went before him looked faster to be honest. The top 4 were within the second. No one will know though.... and that is consistent with my point. The one round where he may be on the pace, he has a crash.

Last edited:

MARKL

Eats Squid
I think Sam had a good season, to be fair he was coming back from two years of major injury (his shoulder was fucked and he still won a world championship). No major incidents and was looking more competitive as the season went on - IMO of all the riders at the pointy end he was the one showing the most consistent improvement over the course of the season...and still has room to move. Will be interesting to see how he goes on a new team.

Yippee_Ki_YayMF

Likes Dirt
Must admit I didn't see this round, but just had a look, and I am still not convinced. Maybe lost 5 seconds. Hannah who went before him looked faster to be honest. The top 4 were within the second. No one will know though.... and that is consistent with my point. The one round where he may be on the pace, he has a crash.
When I watched it live, I didn't really pay much more attention to his run after I saw him crash. I think I had my head in my hands. But after reading your post I watched it again. He finished only 4.5 secs behind Hannah, and 6.5 behind Brook. I worked out it took him, 2 secs to get back up from the fall, 3-4 secs to push the bike up the slope and remount, 1-2 secs to get back to speed, 25 secs of dropping the F bomb in the helmet. Anyway, what I'm saying is, that crash cost him a top 3, and imo, a win. But the history books will tell a different story and that is how it is. :)

Topperharley

Likes Dirt
Imagine if Specialized didn't enter a team................
- From http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Inside-Sam-Hills-Move-to-Team-CRCNukeproof.html

"Sean, first things first, will we see Team Monster Energy-Specialized for the 2013 season?

Sean: Some final details are being sorted so I can’t comment on whether there will be a “Monster Energy-Specialized” team at this time. Either way, Specialized will have a great World Cup program and Monster Energy will also continue to support athletes and programs globally".

Dairy Farmers Iced Coffee Specialized?

heavyp

You heard it here first
I saw a post earlier from "The Sensus" (a grip brand I think) on facebook saying " there is going to be one hell of an announcement tomorrow in the mountain bike world and it involves the fasetest man on the planet and a new team.

Gwin to Specialized or Minnaar to Specialized/elsewhere ?