2012 World cup team rumours....(NOW 2013)

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good to see a change... Change is good. :)
Maybe a single pivot bike, new team/atmosphere is what Sam needs for a fresh start. It gives him a clean slate and i'll bet my left nut if Spesh buy out Gwinny, then Sam will want to serve his head on a platter to CRC in the first round :bounce:

brendonj

Likes Dirt
As much as I got respect for his riding (and would love to have a fraction of the ability that he has), the reality is that Sam is just a top 10 rider these days.....

driftking

Wheel size expert
hoping it is BS.
why would sam move from specialized to CRC/Nukeproof.
demos perfect for him, specialized would be paying him a heap (unable to be matched by CRC) and he is riding with troy.
i dont see any reason for him to move
Reason to move, new chapter not getting caught in momentum of ruts.
Stay fresh with fresh perspectives.
Better fit with his goals and family now
Trying something new and move forward
Maybe specilized didn't renew his contract
Likes the bike

Remember the demo was crappy when Sam got there he did well and revamped it.
I'd dare say the IH was more suited to Sam, I'd bet based on that the pivot would be a better current crop of bike fits. Very similar geo. suspension is very similar placed but more progressive, weight is the same positioning, it's a very similar characterized bike on the same scope side as the IH.

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As much as I got respect for his riding (and would love to have a fraction of the ability that he has), the reality is that Sam is just a top 10 rider these days.....
This season just passed, he finished 5th overall and had consistant podiums, coming off 2 of the worst seasons of his career previous to that. How exactly is he 'just' a top 10 rider? Over 200 people show up to a lot of the World Cups and he is still beating 98% of them... He is still in that top tier of highest paid mountain bike riders on the planet. Look out for Sam coming harder next year, experience over balls-to-the-wall riding will go a long way in DH, and he has that.

riderseventy7

Likes Dirt
Reason to move, new chapter not getting caught in momentum of ruts.
Stay fresh with fresh perspectives.
Better fit with his goals and family now
Trying something new and move forward
Maybe specilized didn't renew his contract
Likes the bike

Remember the demo was crappy when Sam got there he did well and revamped it.
I'd dare say the IH was more suited to Sam, I'd bet based on that the pivot would be a better current crop of bike fits. Very similar geo. suspension is very similar placed but more progressive, weight is the same positioning, it's a very similar characterized bike on the same scope side as the IH.
He won't be on a Pivot Pheonix, he will be on a Nukeproof Pulse.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
IMO people are going to be embarrassed running with an unconfirmed story ... but time will tell. Nothing on Team CRC FB, nothing on Nigel Page's

fraserbritton PLUS (16 hours ago)

Such an odd time frame to release a PR this big? Congrats to Sam on making what was undoubtedly a tough choice. Best of luck in 2013 big guy!

This is obviously the team rumour innit

580915_412526842117933_607252817_n.jpg

Note: I have no facts other than what I have researched ... which didn't take long either.

Regardless of where he ends up 2013 is shaping up to be a killer for racing ... carn Sam

Lt Dan

Likes Bikes
IMO people are going to be embarrassed running with an unconfirmed story ... but time will tell. Nothing on Team CRC FB, nothing on Nigel Page's

fraserbritton PLUS (16 hours ago)

Such an odd time frame to release a PR this big? Congrats to Sam on making what was undoubtedly a tough choice. Best of luck in 2013 big guy!

This is obviously the team rumour innit

View attachment 252605

Note: I have no facts other than what I have researched ... which didn't take long either.

Regardless of where he ends up 2013 is shaping up to be a killer for racing ... carn Sam
thats not the one that makes it seem legit its this one

Lt Dan

Likes Bikes
i just found some proof if you look at the comments of the pic of his bit in revomag on sam hills instagram you'll see lewis buchanan congratulating him on signing with crc for 2013 20 hours ago and sam has replied with a thumbs up 11 hour ago and then a fist bump back from lewis a couple of hour ago. check it out

riderseventy7

Likes Dirt
YEah I wasn't saying he would be on a pivot just that out of most frames, that would suit him more than the demo as the quoted user stated.
Ah, fair enough. That makes sense now.

Do you reckon if iron horse were still in the game and Sam Hill was riding for them they would be getting results, or that the others would have caught and overtaken him regardless ?

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ah, fair enough. That makes sense now.

Do you reckon if iron horse were still in the game and Sam Hill was riding for them they would be getting results, or that the others would have caught and overtaken him regardless ?
To many ifs I think. I think with those top riders assuming they're on good bikes then they can ride them just as hard. Sure the demo wasn't as great when he first went there but by the end of the first season they'd improved it out of sight to a quality race sled. So in that sense I don't think iron horse would have made a huge difference. Also cause I don't know, did iron horse go out of business because hill left or was it already going downhill, no pun intended?

Secondly you'd need to assume that he didn't have the injuries he's had in the last couple of seasons for one. I mean he was still right at the top at the start of the 2010 season by qualifying 1st and then still a top after a crash that lost a lot I time in Maribor. Whether or not that was a one off and the injuries haven't affected his results, he's only been a top 5/10 rider since apart from an amazing comeback at mt st Anne for the worlds. Maybe if he'd ridden the whole '10 and '11 seasons, it wouldn't have stopped Gwin from improving to his current dominating form, if anything it would have been more motivating having Hill also above him before the last two seasons. Similarly Gee and Minaar would still both have been fighting hard. Again both had the speed both seasons when Hill crashed out so maybe instead of being a two horse race for the win/catch up to gwin it would have been the three of them. Only people I can see it affecting woul possibly be the younger/up and coming riders. With Hill out obviously it opened a spot up on the podium so a lot of people would be fighting for that spot.

cressa

Likes Dirt
View attachment 252463

Come on then people what do we have here ? Specialized trying to charm someone from Trek ? which would mean thats theres BIG budget as someone must of left!!!

Looks like Gwin to me

I think the small stream in the middle could be called a brook ie. a small stream. Brook Mac is hot property. The saint behind the tree could indicate Gwin getting in Brooks ear.

Topperharley

Likes Dirt
I think the small stream in the middle could be called a brook ie. a small stream. Brook Mac is hot property. The saint behind the tree could indicate Gwin getting in Brooks ear.
Nice. I'd like to see a Brook/Brosnan pairing. He's an animal. Like the way you did that.