Online retailers trusted/scammers

driftking

Wheel size expert
Don't buy from CRC they have poor service!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
I have had some poor service with CRC they kept sending the wrong item but they were always willing to make up for it and tried to help out as much as possible.
I have said that I wont buy from them again during this mess up but after the heat of the moment went away I got over it. No doubt I will buy from them again because they're pretty great and easy to work with. I tend to try get everything local first but some things like kits are just so expensive to buy locally. You can pick up and entire kit on CRC and get it to your door for the same price as a pair of pants over here.

If you have a genuine complaint about them you need to elaborate.
This thread is for sites and proper, legitimate reasoning behind not recommending certain sites. I am trying to keep one liners with no reasoning and banter out of here to keep it tidy and helpful.

Searly01

Is there any chance when you switch its changing currency?

Pebble

Thanks for those I put them in the list. I included phantom as it is clearly going to be at the same directory so once the sites up it will already be in the list.

Last edited:

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am prepared to vouch for http://biggride.com/ - I stumbled accross them searching for Syntace Carbon handlebars - they were a good $45 cheaper than the next cheapest site. I think they must be a relatively new player, because I couldn't find much discussion of them online - they came through!

-Andrew Clark

scblack

Leucocholic
I am prepared to vouch for http://biggride.com/ - I stumbled accross them searching for Syntace Carbon handlebars - they were a good $45 cheaper than the next cheapest site. I think they must be a relatively new player, because I couldn't find much discussion of them online - they came through!

-Andrew Clark
I have also bought from them with no problems. I bought some Foss tubes. That was at least a year ago though.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My online shopping experiences:-

CRC - no problems with them at all, postage was super fast but my last order was approx. 18 months ago.

Torpedo 7 - had a recent order with them, competitive prices and delivery was prompt.

Velogear - ordered a set of tyres at a great price but incorrect ones arrived. Unfortunately they've now sold out of the tyres I was after -however the customer service has been great (almost instant reply to emails), they've acknowledged the mistake and have arranged an alternative solution so I'm happy!

creaky

XMAS Plumper

-Andrew Clark
Hmm ... good syntace prices.

Little information regarding their contacts on the web page. Do you know who / where they are ?

If you hadn't had success with them previously I probably would have stayed away.

Cheers

Wilson_753

Likes Bikes
Same here, been using them for 4 years with approximately 30 orders in that time. I have had 2 orders with the wrong part and 1 warranty claim. All handled professionally and in a reasonably fast turn around time.

Had few large and small orders over the past 2 years, however I have a warranty claim where a campagnolo jacket frayed and the wrist cuff has just about fallen off after ~ a month of light use.

CRC agreed to replace it under warranty and said a replacement would be in the mail. That was about 2 months ago, with 3-4 emails to them, they won't respond. Obviously too busy to muck around with a simple claim, so I take my business elsewhere now.

effarr

Likes Dirt
Just wanted to give a recommendation for http://www.mountainbikesdirect.com.au/ .

Ordered a new helmet (Bell Super) and some 5.10 shoes Thursday night (effectively Friday morning) and they arrived on my doorstep Monday afternoon (well, I had to pick them up from the post office). Yes they are at the Gold Coast and I'm in Queensland only about 600km away, but the service from these guys had been great. I even had a hand written note saying thanks for the support with some stickers and mints.

Clearly they don't have the range of others, but when they have what you want the prices are pretty good ($60 for the Five Ten shoes etc).

I will buy from them again

Cheers

Leon

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just wanted to give a recommendation for http://www.mountainbikesdirect.com.au/ .

Ordered a new helmet (Bell Super) and some 5.10 shoes Thursday night (effectively Friday morning) and they arrived on my doorstep Monday afternoon (well, I had to pick them up from the post office). Yes they are at the Gold Coast and I'm in Queensland only about 600km away, but the service from these guys had been great. I even had a hand written note saying thanks for the support with some stickers and mints.

Clearly they don't have the range of others, but when they have what you want the prices are pretty good ($60 for the Five Ten shoes etc).

I will buy from them again

Cheers

Leon
these guys are great to deal with

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hmm ... good syntace prices.

Little information regarding their contacts on the web page. Do you know who / where they are ?

If you hadn't had success with them previously I probably would have stayed away.

Cheers
Shipping was very prompt within Metro Sydney (to 2071).

As you say, great syntace prices, I figure they must be a small operation somewhere in Sydney - product arrived very quickly once it was shipped (next day) - the product didnt arrive in a specially purchased shipping box, but instead came in a fox fork box (which caused me no end of trouble when Mum found the box on the front terrace and blew up at me for wasting big bucks on a new fork - its actually a set of handlebars I swear its much cheaper!) :p

-Andrew

chunkyapple

Sherlock Pommes
Noticed this was slipping down the page a bit, possible a good idea to sticky this one? Thread has been more than helpful for me and I expect many others who are wary about using an online shop for the first time.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Noticed this was slipping down the page a bit, possible a good idea to sticky this one? Thread has been more than helpful for me and I expect many others who are wary about using an online shop for the first time.
Not a bad idea. Its up to the mods to do that. I'm happy to change the title too to make search results easier if the mods think it is in order.

Universalcycles.com

Surprised no one has mentioned univesalcycles.com. Recently ordered a few parts and they arrived USPS in 10 days. Shipping can be a little exie but at least they have a shipping calculator so you know what to expect.
Also they have a 10% and 15% coupon email they send out every month.
Anybody else use them?
Dr.K

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
Balle Racing is a trusted. Eric there will help you out more than most people would in person at your LBS. He didnt have a 142mm hub in stock so after a 5 month wait and it still not coming her converted another size for me and then put it in a priority package to Australia. Prices are also great HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Also can we please sticky this thread?????

driftking

Wheel size expert
Balle Racing is a trusted. Eric there will help you out more than most people would in person at your LBS. He didnt have a 142mm hub in stock so after a 5 month wait and it still not coming her converted another size for me and then put it in a priority package to Australia. Prices are also great HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Also can we please sticky this thread?????
Can you please post/edit this post with the exact link for the website just so when I update the list the right website is going it.

Thank you.

Surprised no one has mentioned univesalcycles.com. Recently ordered a few parts and they arrived USPS in 10 days. Shipping can be a little exie but at least they have a shipping calculator so you know what to expect.
Also they have a 10% and 15% coupon email they send out every month.
Anybody else use them?
Dr.K
Same here please :) I need the exact link so I know im linking the right site.

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
Pushys :- 2x tyres and Stan's tape ordered on Saturday delivered Tuesday cheapest price inc o/s stores.
The Bike Shed Mortdale :- Stem and Brakes speedy delivery / have contacted them 3 times for other stuff always got a speedy reply.
Wiggle :- wheels delivered in 8 days perfect.
99bikes:- helmet overnight delivery but they didn't update tracking number or inform me it was sent was in a hurry so keen to see it leave

driftking

Wheel size expert
Pushys :- 2x tyres and Stan's tape ordered on Saturday delivered Tuesday cheapest price inc o/s stores.
The Bike Shed Mortdale :- Stem and Brakes speedy delivery / have contacted them 3 times for other stuff always got a speedy reply.
Wiggle :- wheels delivered in 8 days perfect.
99bikes:- helmet overnight delivery but they didn't update tracking number or inform me it was sent was in a hurry so keen to see it leave
Thanks will add you to the users, I don't bother with TBSM and wiggle because they are massive and we know they are fantastic sites.

Dr.kildare and bell.cameron get those links up and they'll be added, cheers