Online retailers trusted/scammers

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Ashgrove Cycles

Gotta give a shout out to Ashgrove cycles. Had a warranty issue with a reverb post bought online and it couldn't have been easier to resolve.

oriion

Likes Dirt
Gotta give a shout out to Ashgrove cycles. Had a warranty issue with a reverb post bought online and it couldn't have been easier to resolve.

Agreed, Ashgrove are awesome, but some stuff from them, very helpful folks, especially Gavin.

driftking

Wheel size expert
too easy ill add you both,
I know its easy for me to google the name and find the site but to avoid any potential issues with wrong webpages I prefer it if the user links the webpage.

Updated :)

Last edited:

Tubsy

Cannon Fodder
"The Bicycle Entrepreneur" (tbe.com.au) in Perth. Just bought my Santa Cruz off them off them (I'm in Melb) through a combination of phone and email. They were responsive, kept me up to date and the bike was delivered very well packed. Had reservations about buying interstate but these guys were good to do business with

Minlak

custom titis
Some of you may have seen the coloured tubeless valve stems from speed evolution linked in a couple of threads now and then. http://speed-evolution.com The link sends you to this shop http://bvbikes.com. I ordered these on the 26th of March and my order sat in processing for 5 days I then emailed them on 2 different occasions using the websites contact us option (if the web site is working enough to take my money it should be working enough to send contact requests) the order still sat in processing with no email replies. I have tried to call them on two occasions (international call at times they should have been open according to the web) with no response. I then escalated on the 2nd of April a PayPal dispute and I log into speed evolution account page this morning to see my order now "on hold" and no response to my PayPal dispute.

Just in case people were going to order some as well I suggest expect delays in getting your items.

I don't think they are a scammer to be clear just really poor service.

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
A +1 for Mountainbikes Direct ordered shoes at 11am today cheaper than anywhere else in the world got consignment number already and freight express was only $13.

Follow up on above post for speed-evolution (Bear Valley Bikes) received what looks like an automated response to say order complete no tracking numbers supplied still failed to respond to both my emails and my pay pal escalation. If the valves show up I will cancel pay pal claim or if it is refunded by the time I get them I will pay them not real fussed on the service so far.

I'm not sure if this is a vendor verdict or not let me know ill edit it. But I though that's the point of this thread to save us all online grief.

madstace

Likes Dirt
Another +1 for Mountain Bikes Direct. They were really helpful with questions I had about what I wanted to order, chose the free shipping option last Friday and was delivered to Newcastle on Monday! Also received a Mentos (won the missus over!) and a $10 voucher for my next order. Take note LBSs of Australia, these guys get customer service, and if they expand their range a bit, will be a much bigger threat than CRC, Wiggle etc.

Also, while I'm not sure if this is the right thread (and probably deserves one of its own), but I've been meaning to give a massive shout out to Rohan @ Tekin Suspension. He tuned my fork and shock late last year, and went above and beyond. The effort he put in was both noticed and appreciated. I'm also pretty sure he should have charged me more than I ended up paying. Couldn't recommend him highly enough!

driftking

Wheel size expert
Some of you may have seen the coloured tubeless valve stems from speed evolution linked in a couple of threads now and then. http://speed-evolution.com The link sends you to this shop http://bvbikes.com. I ordered these on the 26th of March and my order sat in processing for 5 days I then emailed them on 2 different occasions using the websites contact us option (if the web site is working enough to take my money it should be working enough to send contact requests) the order still sat in processing with no email replies. I have tried to call them on two occasions (international call at times they should have been open according to the web) with no response. I then escalated on the 2nd of April a PayPal dispute and I log into speed evolution account page this morning to see my order now "on hold" and no response to my PayPal dispute.

Just in case people were going to order some as well I suggest expect delays in getting your items.

I don't think they are a scammer to be clear just really poor service.
Do you want me to add them to the list but put you in red (not recommended) or are you still happy to recommend them, in which case You will be in green?
let me know.

Minlak

custom titis
Do you want me to add them to the list but put you in red (not recommended) or are you still happy to recommend them, in which case You will be in green?
let me know.
Still no package and no emails and no response to pay pal claim ... Put them in red. I don't think they are scammers still just slack very slack....

Thanks

driftking

Wheel size expert
13 Pages and no-one has mentioned the best source for Chris King, Paul Ti, Phill Wood, White Industries etc... :mod:

www.aspirevelotech.com
Added cheers

Another +1 for Mountain Bikes Direct.
DONE
Also, while I'm not sure if this is the right thread (and probably deserves one of its own), but I've been meaning to give a massive shout out to Rohan @ Tekin Suspension. He tuned my fork and shock late last year, and went above and beyond. The effort he put in was both noticed and appreciated. I'm also pretty sure he should have charged me more than I ended up paying. Couldn't recommend him highly enough!
Is his site up yet? Last time I checked which was a long time ago it was not updated. If you want to link the page here I will add it to the list?

A +1 for Mountainbikes Direct ordered shoes at 11am today cheaper than anywhere else in the world got consignment number already and freight express was only $13.

DONE

Follow up on above post for speed-evolution (Bear Valley Bikes) received what looks like an automated response to say order complete no tracking numbers supplied still failed to respond to both my emails and my pay pal escalation. If the valves show up I will cancel pay pal claim or if it is refunded by the time I get them I will pay them not real fussed on the service so far.

I'm not sure if this is a vendor verdict or not let me know ill edit it. But I though that's the point of this thread to save us all online grief.
Let me know how you get along.
If I goto speed evolution and buy now it does not send me to the other site/address you listed?
Do you want me to put the Bearvalley in red or evolution?
Im assuming bearvalley?

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
Added cheers

Is his site up yet? Last time I checked which was a long time ago it was not updated. If you want to link the page here I will add it to the list?

Let me know how you get along, If you want me to add the site as a trusted site I will and i can put your user name in red, this means its trusted and safe but not recommended by you.
If I goto speed evolution and buy now it does not send me to the other site/address you listed?
Speed-evolution are the brand of the stems and the website is branded as such. At the very bottom of the page it shows the trading times and location for Bear Valley Bikes I can only assume they are the same place. The phone contact number is also the same.

Was just concerned people had seen the original links and ordered stems or we're going too. I'm happy with what you think is fair. Just would not endorse is all. Speed eve lotion is the original web address I used. I suggest both in red til proven otherwise.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Speed-evolution are the brand of the stems and the website is branded as such. At the very bottom of the page it shows the trading times and location for Bear Valley Bikes I can only assume they are the same place. The phone can't act number is also the same.

Was just concerned people had seen the original links and ordered stems or we're going too. I'm happy with what you think is fair. Just would not endorse is all.
Well where did you buy from? They may be the same or evolution may be a small manufacturer with bear as a distributor.
Did you do the order from bear bikes and pay through them etc?

The site you want to list it up to you as the suggesting user, I can always not put it up if you don't want me to.
Or as you suggested if you want I will put them both in red.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Yeah I see ummm just don't put them up at all is easier
Yeah good call on that one I think.
It sounds like the site is clearly a legitimate site but whether its reccomended is the question.
For now we can just leave it off the list.