Mont 24 advice

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I'm skeptical on the fastest lap time being 18 mins.

Think there may have been a glitch somewhere.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm skeptical on the fastest lap time being 18 mins.

Think there may have been a glitch somewhere.
#seemslegit......

One of our riders who came 3rd overall in a 4 man team ran a 40min lap on the last lap...

Klips

Likes Dirt
I'm going to be coughing up dust for a month. So, so dusty and got a lot worse by the end. Trail couldn't stand up in some sections so it started getting rather technical. Still, a cracking race, my team of 3 got 33rd out of 120 in men's 4s and I got in 7 laps between 56 and 1:01 including a double night lap so I'm stoked.

I can also verify that chops was out and racing, although the SB probably wasn't the right bike until the top of sideshow.

MarioM

Likes Dirt
So what was course length 18/20 km loop ? With lap times 50 - 110 it seems about right . 18 i highly doubt unless its an E bike . Anyway well done all and hopefully this year there were no casualties .

ChopSticks

Banned
I can also verify that chops was out and racing, although the SB probably wasn't the right bike until the top of sideshow.
SB was out of place for 80% of the track... and the 2.25 nobby nic and 2.35 hans dampf was most definitely the wrong choice.

Got absolutely raped in the climbs (you almost ran me over :p) but once the track rutted out to shit at night... the SB was fucking FLYING on the downhills.... the Hope freehub freaked alot of the XC dudes out who were struggling on the downs/jumps.

epic atmosphere and loved it !!!

ChopSticks

Banned
So what was course length 18/20 km loop ? With lap times 50 - 110 it seems about right . 18 i highly doubt unless its an E bike . Anyway well done all and hopefully this year there were no casualties .
course is aprox 18.1km's

there was an ambo driving down the fire-road at night (cant remember time)... but obviously bad enough......
also heard of a guy potentially ripping a tendon/muscle mid lap?

plenty of dropped tubes, bottles and gels.

Klips

Likes Dirt
I think the official course was 19.1, strava said between 16.5 and 17. We were with a team who were consistently doing 49 minute laps. Freaks. I was happy to sacrifice a few seconds each lap to smash the jumps, can't wait for the photos!!

I think the guy who got ambulances have come off at the bridge over the log? A mate saw someone with two paramedics there.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Speaking of getting raped on the climbs, there were plenty of roadies out there - you can spot them by their bulging legs and epic climbing, but their scardy cat descending. Swapped spots with one guy a few times like that!

The dust... Was like riding through falling snow at night!

But yeah, track is pretty rooted in bits... Coming down the beer garden at 1 am with only a helmet light was challenging!

Last edited:

ChopSticks

Banned
I think the official course was 19.1, strava said between 16.5 and 17. We were with a team who were consistently doing 49 minute laps. Freaks. I was happy to sacrifice a few seconds each lap to smash the jumps, can't wait for the photos!!

I think the guy who got ambulances have come off at the bridge over the log? A mate saw someone with two paramedics there.
yeppp 19.1km
wouldnt trust strava given how tight some of the switchbacks were underneath all those trees.

should be a few funny night photos with the flash blinding a few unsuspecting/tired riders... some faces should be gold! LOL

bridge over the log?...... the first feature at the beginning of the track?....

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
This thread is horrible to read.

With my blown out knee I dropped down to at least get some atmosphere, even stood and watched the change overs for about half an hour.

Now I got to sit here and read how much fun it all was.

Go to hell, everything.

Haakon

With my blown out knee I dropped down to at least get some atmosphere, even stood and watched the change overs for about half an hour.

Go to hell, everything.
Yean it really sucked... Dust bowls hiding rocks, sweating washing the dust into your eyes, glasses useless at night by fogging up. Dropped water bottles a serious hazard. Whinge whinge.

BLKFOZ

Likes Dirt
I was a ring-in for the JetBlack elite boys. We managed to take out 1st in the 4 man and 3rd overall. 1st lap saw Finno destroy a derailleur and drop from 4th wheel down nearly 10min, 3rd lap Dan tore a sidewall and dropped another 5 or so min . It was a long and tough fightback to get where we did. I think our strategy of simply running lap for lap through the night worked well, compared to the teams that double lapped and went over an hr for their 2nd lap.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was a ring-in for the JetBlack elite boys. We managed to take out 1st in the 4 man and 3rd overall. 1st lap saw Finno destroy a derailleur and drop from 4th wheel down nearly 10min, 3rd lap Dan tore a sidewall and dropped another 5 or so min . It was a long and tough fightback to get where we did. I think our strategy of simply running lap for lap through the night worked well, compared to the teams that double lapped and went over an hr for their 2nd lap.
Well done mate!! You guys absolutely nailed it!

ChopSticks

Banned
just flick back to the start of this thread... far more interesting :p

Speaking of getting raped on the climbs, there were plenty of roadies out there - you can spot them by their bulging legs and epic climbing, but their scardy cat descending. Swapped spots with one guy a few times like that!

The dust... Was like riding through falling snow at night!

But yeah, track is pretty rooted in bits... Coming down the beer garden at 1 am with only a helmet light was challenging!

HAHAHAHAHA so true!!! you knew who the roadies were as soon as you reached a bermed corner and they would lock their brakes and struggle to turn
soooo bummed i had people infront of me when they reached the bridge and would slam on their brakes while I tried to get some air :pout:

Yeah, the twin track bit nearish the start.
I wonder if anyone got chewed up on the chicken wire layed wood work towards the middle of the track? def not somewhere you'd want to stack, nor the small sharp shald lined berms!

Haakon

Go to hell, everything.

I nearly bailed from a partially blown up knee too... Spent the preceding two weeks off the bike almost entirely hoping to rest it up. Thankfully it behaved itself.

But - guess which part of my body I smashed the hardest on the ground when I did my midnight endo...? Sigh. Screw you Murphy.

Last edited: