Cyclocross gallery - post yours!

mitchy_

Llama calmer
played a bit of musical wheels after cancelling my order for carbon wheels after some non bike related impulse buys... then found some too cheap to pass up.
both bikes now have 15mm front hubs, so can mix and match as required. Threshold just runs a 15mm to QR adaptor.

1400g, 27mm wide FarSports carbon clinchers. bloody light, and bloody awesome. those on the TCX with Maxxis Raze' make it feel like a rocket. will be rubbish in the mud though. :pound:

hopefully the TCX's first proper run will be the Xmas Cross at Berang in december.

Psimpson7

Likes Dirt
TCX arrived. :D

carbon wheels are on their way, waiting for my GXP bottom bracket so i can replace the boat anchor sora crank with my sram red crank, and R540 pedals will be going in light of something lighter too.. probably egg beaters.

Very nice Mitchy!

wavike

Likes Dirt
played a bit of musical wheels after cancelling my order for carbon wheels after some non bike related impulse buys... then found some too cheap to pass up.
both bikes now have 15mm front hubs, so can mix and match as required. Threshold just runs a 15mm to QR adaptor.

1400g, 27mm wide FarSports carbon clinchers. bloody light, and bloody awesome. those on the TCX with Maxxis Raze' make it feel like a rocket. will be rubbish in the mud though. :pound:

hopefully the TCX's first proper run will be the Xmas Cross at Berang in december.
[/QUOTE)

Hey Mitch, did you mean Nerang, when's it on if so. i did the Robbie Mc CX there earlier in the year, was a fun course.

Found it - https://www.facebook.com/events/1509830712622581/

Last edited:

mitchy_

Llama calmer
[/QUOTE)

Hey Mitch, did you mean Nerang, when's it on if so. i did the Robbie Mc CX there earlier in the year, was a fun course.

Found it - https://www.facebook.com/events/1509830712622581/
whoops, yeah i did mean Nerang. and yep, that's the one!

On that, is there a reason for the two, or is it a case of 'because fuck you, that's why!'?
pretty much... had a disc roadie and disc cx... prefered the cx and have always wanted the blue TCX...
the Threshold was always a cheap bike i could leave at the shops, etc and not fear it's going to be broken or missing upon return.

ScooterXC

Likes Dirt
My 2015 Norco Threshold, and my first CX bike. Bloody effortless to pedal, through axels front and rear are an awesome touch too
Will be upgrading to Sram CX1 Hydro in the near future but value for money this thing is wicked! Best colour way too..

mitchy_

Llama calmer
My 2015 Norco Threshold, and my first CX bike. Bloody effortless to pedal, through axels front and rear are an awesome touch too
Will be upgrading to Sram CX1 Hydro in the near future but value for money this thing is wicked! Best colour way too..
very nice!

love the look of the new Threshold's. was tossing up between the Red carbon Threshold, or a blue TCX... i dont think australia ended up getting the red one. just green and lellow.
if it rides anything like my alloy Threshold (presumably better) then it will be a sweet, sweet ride.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
It feels like I'm riding my Focus Izalco on dirt, even with squishy tyres
that's how mine felt.. made me wonder why i had a CX and a roadie, when the CX felt the exact same yet had the ability to be taken off road... and that's how i came to swap my roadie for a second CX bike. :nod:

ScooterXC

Likes Dirt
I'm selling my roady and may eventually by another set of wheels (maybe better for CX) and have road tyres on the other

tomee

Likes Bikes
picked this up recently

tcx slr 1

its running sram force and im finding it not as smooth as my XT gear. might upgrade it, but need to see with what and already ordered TRP hydro cable brakes for it

cancan

Squid
I'm selling my roady and may eventually by another set of wheels (maybe better for CX) and have road tyres on the other
Selling my Roadies... The Boone with multiple wheels for road and cx use and a steel CX bike for commuting and holidays.... Poor 29er is collecting dust