Cyclocross gallery - post yours!

ScooterXC

Likes Dirt
Anyone heard of a way to modify a Shimano left hand STI lever for a 1x setup? Eg. Stop the brake lever moving sideways? And posibly removing the shift lever? I feel like they should be giving Sram a run for their money especially with the new hydro stuff coming out
I hate the feeling of my lever running away from me when in tight situations
Otherwise I'll just buy CX1

bikeyoulongtime

Likes Dirt
P1010248_mod_small.JPG
This wee beastie landed on my doorstep this week. Never owned a carbon frame before, this is a bloody good application for one! A vast difference from the old Threshold A1...

It's a Fuji Altamira CX 1.3, c10 carbon frame (whatever that means). It's got Oval components (Fuji house brand) everything, except the cranks, gears and brakes which are SRAM Force CX1. Hell, hydraulic brakes, narrow-wide chainring and a clutched mech on a road bike. What could possibly be wrong with that??

For the record, there is no shifter bit in the left hand lever - brake only. Committed!

Some thoughts on riding the beast are here: http://adamsteer.blogspot.com.au/search/label/Fuji

Recently been tubelessed, with vittoria TNT tyres on the oval 527 rims with stan's tape. easy as!

Last edited:

mitchy_

Llama calmer
nice!
would love CX1 for mine... 1x10 does the job for now though.

cant remember the last photo i put up of mine, but i've finished tweaking and changing bits on it. this was it after Robbie McEwan's Xmas Cross.
ran like a dream. the frame is both stiff but complient where it needs to be (the D fuse post is phenomenal) easily the best bike i've owned/ridden.

Last edited:

Aussie_Ryder

Likes Dirt
I can only hope some of the original owners speed washes off on me. Absolutely love this thing so far. Set of zipp 303s are on the horizon.

takai

Eats Squid
Anyone heard of a way to modify a Shimano left hand STI lever for a 1x setup? Eg. Stop the brake lever moving sideways? And posibly removing the shift lever? I feel like they should be giving Sram a run for their money especially with the new hydro stuff coming out
I hate the feeling of my lever running away from me when in tight situations
Otherwise I'll just buy CX1
I have seen people just put a short cable and outer in under the bar tape with a crimp at the end hard up against the outer so it cant go anywhere. If you set it up when its in the smallest gear (most relaxed state) then the tension will be enough to stop it moving laterally.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Page 1 of this thread I posted my On-One Dirty Disco, I rode nearly 9000km on it in just over a year.

It was time for an upgrade.