Chain reaction cycles

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I put in an order last Thursday, I wasn't in a hurry so just went with the free shipping option (ParcelForce) and it has just rocked up at work now. Happy with that turn around.

Item tracking history
Date Time Location Tracking event
20/1/2015 7:46 Delivery Agent - AUSTRALIA…+ Received at delivery depot
19/1/2015 14:37 Delivery Agent - SYDNEY - PTT…+ Received in destination country
17/1/2015 21:15 International Hub Forwarded for export
17/1/2015 0:16 International Hub Received and processed
17/1/2015 0:16 International Hub Forwarded for export
16/1/2015 20:42 International Hub Received and processed
16/1/2015 12:56 National Hub Received and processed
14/1/2015 16:44 WDM Online

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
20/01/2015 08:06:00 IN TRANSIT - UNDERWOOD QLD 202
18/01/2015 10:20:00 TRANSFERRED TO PARTNER CARRIER - BRISBANE 203
18/01/2015 10:20:00 TRANSFERRED TO PARTNER CARRIER 203
16/01/2015 13:16:00 CUSTOMS CLEARED - BRISBANE 433
16/01/2015 13:16:00 CUSTOMS CLEARED 433
16/01/2015 12:00:00 INTERNATIONAL HUB 246
16/01/2015 12:00:00 INTERNATIONAL HUB - BRISBANE 246
14/01/2015 00:09:00 TRANSIT SINGAPORE 213
14/01/2015 00:09:00 TRANSIT SINGAPORE - SIN, 213
13/01/2015 18:11:00 PROCESSED IFD LHR - 211
13/01/2015 18:11:00 PROCESSED IFD LHR 211
10/01/2015 12:26:00 PROCESSED IFD LHR 211
09/01/2015 14:54:09 TRAK PAK PROCESS CENTRE 198

Getting closer... Mind you, it's been in Brisbane cleared through customs for 4 days now.My Wiggle delivery made it from the UK to the front door in 4 days.

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Placed an order on Friday from Wiggle for a single wheel, some consumables and some clothing. Just ordered the standard free shipping. Got a knock on the door this morning at 8am from the courier!!!! That is just astonishing.

And mmmmmmmm, Hope clickety clickety goodness.

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Chain Reaction seem to be doing what they did a few years back and stick their prices up higher than their competitors and rely on their local price match (of sorts) policy which isn't available if outside of UK. Wiggle must be killing them internationally with their local returns, price match policy etc.

ktastrphe

Likes Dirt
Placed an order on Friday from Wiggle for a single wheel, some consumables and some clothing. Just ordered the standard free shipping. Got a knock on the door this morning at 8am from the courier!!!! That is just astonishing.

And mmmmmmmm, Hope clickety clickety goodness.
Yeah same with me last week, ordered a replacement e13 hoop Friday evening from wiggle and it was at my door step Monday morning!

GeoffRidesBikes

Likes Dirt
Good to know people are getting good freight from wiggle recently. Ordered a stem and saddle last Monday, hopefully it arrives before my Wednesday morning ride.

aRogue

Likes Bikes
Ordered some pedals from them over the weekend. Will let you know when it arrives and if it's in one piece or not...

aRogue

Likes Bikes
Has anyone had any issues with Chain Reaction Cycles' tracking numbers?

In the shipping email that was sent to me, there's a tracking number and a link to "TrakPak.com" . When i input the tracking number it says there's no record... It's been four days and it still says no record.

On another note, is their warehouse in England or Australia?

hazza6542

Eats Squid

In the shipping email that was sent to me, there's a tracking number and a link to "TrakPak.com" . When i input the tracking number it says there's no record... It's been four days and it still says no record.

Yes. I sent email about it, got reply quickly with tracking number that worked fine.

England.

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt

That's pretty normal. I've had the same with several CRC orders and they all show up within 10 days or so.

gc49

Likes Bikes
No issues with CRC, placed an order on the 1st, got it in about a week and half.

Wiggle on the other hand. Same day for the order, and still not here 4 weeks later (and they refuse to even look at it for another 2 weeks to see if there's anything wrong on their end).

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had a CRC order dispatched on the 25th, Arrived 8th, so 16 days with a public holiday that probably added a day travel time.

Had a wiggle order dispatched on the 27th, and got it yesterday (the 2nd), 5 days is good in my books.

Had another CRC order dispatched on the 1st, arrived the 10th.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Ordered on the 1st June, packed and shipped the 2nd, arrived in London Heathrow (LHR) on the 3rd, Singapore 5th and arrived in Australia on the 6th. Then takes 6 friggin days to move it internally... could have rode from Melbourne to Adelaide with it below my arm quicker than these idiots.

Attachments

Minlak

custom titis
Ordered on the 1st June, packed and shipped the 2nd, arrived in London Heathrow (LHR) on the 3rd, Singapore 5th and arrived in Australia on the 6th. Then takes 6 friggin days to move it internally... could have rode from Melbourne to Adelaide with it below my arm quicker than these idiots.
Situation normal then .....

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
I've just been sucking it up and paying for DHL lately.

Still cheaper than buying local and pretty much guaranteed to have your order in 3-4 days.
Past 3-4 orders have all been placed on Friday, and they are delivered on Monday. :playball: