Old and angry: what pisses you off? The rants of ANGRY old men and women!

Freediver

I can go full Karen
This is kind of why I don't understand why it's so important to the gay community in pushing for gay marriage rights.
You don't understand that everybody is equal, or at least should be or do you think you should have more rights for some reason?

moorey

call me Mia
- People that poke fun at other people who have been diagnosed with a permanent gluten allergy (Celiac's disease). I challenge any / all of you to witness what my wife goes through if a fucking micron of that stuff goes past her lips.
It aint' pretty & it lasts for days. Violent diarrheoa anyone? Skin rash anyone? Suicidal thoughts before bedtime mam? Would you like splitting headaches & insomnia with your meal today?
Yes, there are some serious wankers out there who jumped on the allergy band-wagon - I've seen them. But my wife would give anything to be rid of her allergy & be able to eat whatever she feels like, whenever she feels like it.
And for the record, she was MEDICALLY diagnosed after years of mis-treatment & illness. It's a life sentence for some people. No-one gets more pissed-off about the hipster life-style anti-gluten trendy diet crowd, than a real celiac.
At the risk of sounding insensitive....you should be thanking the wanker hipster gluten free fad. Everything is labeled, you have your own supermarket aisles, a million celebrity cook books, and more options in restaurants and cafes than you can point a stick at. Fuck the hipsters and be grateful. I have particular dietary requirements, albeit by choice, that are also currently pretty trendy. I'm pleased for the fad. 20 years ago, you couldn't get a meal, and you had no idea what was in what you were buying.
Sorry about your wife, man

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
This is kind of why I don't understand why it's so important to the gay community in pushing for gay marriage rights.
It's not about the right to get married, as such, it's about the legal recognition of their partnership. As you said, if hetros live together for X amount of time, they a legally recognised as a couple, with zero actual effort required on the couples' part. The gay community does not get this, even if they put it all in a legal document, as far as the legal system is concerned, they're "roommates" and all the rights and responsibilities associated with being a legally bound couple do not apply.
You don't understand that everybody is equal, or at least should be or do you think you should have more rights for some reason?
Exactly, Shirley after all the gender equality, civil rights, freedom of religion and other battles that have been fought and won, this should be a no brainer.

Just another example of a conservative government too gutless not to pander to the bigoted minority.

#knuckleswasadrunkenchunt

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
At the risk of sounding insensitive....you should be thanking the wanker hipster gluten free fad. Everything is labeled, you have your own supermarket aisles, a million celebrity cook books, and more options in restaurants and cafes than you can point a stick at. Fuck the hipsters and be grateful. I have particular dietary requirements, albeit by choice, that are also currently pretty trendy. I'm pleased for the fad. 20 years ago, you couldn't get a meal, and you had no idea what was in what you were buying.
Sorry about your wife, man
True, true....you are right Moorey. The hipster fad diet crowd have definitely raised awareness & made things better....for which my wife is aware & grateful. But they have also increased cynicism when they pick & choose when they want to eat gluten or not....based on how committed they feel. This can undermine people's perception of what it's like for the celiac's.
When I first met my wife, going out for a meal was like russian roulette. Now it's way, way easier.
I guess my rant was aimed more at the big mouths who think everyone is "just faking it" to be trendy.

And besides, I was just enjoying a good farkin' RANT !!!! :rant:

Wicksie

Likes Dirt
Marriage, yes a commitment to stick things out, good and bad times. But that's getting towards "old fashioned values" state these days.
If you live together for an x amount of time you're pretty much as good as married anyway (defacto relationship).

... until it comes to medical, legal procedures etc. Could you begin to imagine being told that you don't have the right to make medical decisions on the person who is you're entire world for however many years, that your relationship is invalid?
But being treated as a second class citizen, being denied the right to adopt when studies show children of same sex partnership thrive, people having an opinion on your relationship is beyond offensive.
Equality isn't much to expect.

EDIT: sorry that was repeating Knuckles a bit. But it is about the right too. I don't think most in the LGBT community want to get married for security but it's definitely an issue.

Last edited:

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Fucking Pokemon.
I know, I know....I'm too old to understand but jesus christ is that the best use of young minds?!!
Farkin' square-eyed sheep walking around chasing an imaginary digital 'rat' !!
Seriously, get a fucken' mountain bike & go break a sweat.

bennyp1

Likes Dirt
Fucking Pokemon.
I know, I know....I'm too old to understand but jesus christ is that the best use of young minds?!!
Farkin' square-eyed sheep walking around chasing an imaginary digital 'rat' !!
Seriously, get a fucken' mountain bike & go break a sweat.
This this this^^^

My fucking children and particularly my wife have been constantly fucking going on And on about the evolution of this and the potion for that. We went on what I was led to believe to be a nice family outing to the dog beach the other day, but it was really an excuse to go to a spot the fuckers thought would have a pecachu ( pardon my spelling I don't give a fuck what it is the name has been burnt into my brain with white hot hate). The four of them stared at her phone while the doc and I walked out to the end of the break wall and completely ignored the awesomeness of the day. I ended up carrying the three year olds bike so he and his mother could ignore the other pedestrians and the view together. At least no other cunt noticed there display of fuckwittery. Because most were doing the fucking same thing.

There were some highlight though. They didn't get the thing they were after ( hahahahaha ) and the wife didn't notice my jaw hit the deck when some young very fit lady ran past in hot pants and a crop top.

Please pardon the language. The pain is still very raw. I didn't realise my family were those people.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
commuters

Commuters who believe it is their soul duty to lecture and teach others the rules of commuting. Constantly on their bells, telling walkers to move over, stopping to tell off taxis who drop off their rides in a bike lane. Ringing their bell as they ride along Southbank- full of tourists and no designated bike lanes.

I mean seriously folks- stop your righteous crap- you are making us look really bad. Chill the f_ck out and enjoy your ride.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
If you do anything in my bike lane other than ride a bike I'm going to give you a serve. If you do something particularly stupid then you might have a mirror or wiper removed.

Last edited:

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
This this this^^^

My fucking children and particularly my wife have been constantly fucking going on And on about the evolution of this and the potion for that. We went on what I was led to believe to be a nice family outing to the dog beach the other day, but it was really an excuse to go to a spot the fuckers thought would have a pecachu ( pardon my spelling I don't give a fuck what it is the name has been burnt into my brain with white hot hate). The four of them stared at her phone while the doc and I walked out to the end of the break wall and completely ignored the awesomeness of the day. I ended up carrying the three year olds bike so he and his mother could ignore the other pedestrians and the view together. At least no other cunt noticed there display of fuckwittery. Because most were doing the fucking same thing.

There were some highlight though. They didn't get the thing they were after ( hahahahaha ) and the wife didn't notice my jaw hit the deck when some young very fit lady ran past in hot pants and a crop top.

Please pardon the language. The pain is still very raw. I didn't realise my family were those people.
I'm sorry about your family mate.
Be strong, they'll get over their sillyness in no time. Before we know it that stupid shit will be last weeks fad & forgotten.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
If you do anything in my bike lane other than ride a bike I'm going to give you a serve. If you do something particularly stupid then you might have a mirror or wiper removed.
So what should a motorist do to a cyclist that overtakes on the left as the motorist is turning left, with indicator on, at an intersection?

This happens to me nearly weekly and if I wasn't aware of cyclists, I would have cleaned up more than one.

andrew9

Likes Dirt
So what should a motorist do to a cyclist that overtakes on the left as the motorist is turning left, with indicator on, at an intersection?

This happens to me nearly weekly and if I wasn't aware of cyclists, I would have cleaned up more than one.
Wait, like you are now, all good.

PASSING (OVERTAKING) VEHICLES ON THE LEFT
Whether you are riding in a marked bicycle lane or sharing a
lane with a vehicle, a bicycle rider must not pass or overtake
on the left of any vehicle that is giving a left change of direction
signal and is turning left. A bicycle rider may pass or overtake
a vehicle on the left when the vehicle is giving a left change of
direction signal and is stationary or moving forward to turn left.
Once the vehicle begins turning left the rider must not ride past
or overtake the vehicle on the left.
A driver turning left through a break in a dividing strip must
give way to any cyclist travelling in the bicycle lane. A dividing
strip is a painted area or a raised structure, located between
intersections, separating the bicycle lane from a marked lane.
Drivers must not overtake a cyclist and then turn left in front
of the cyclist’s path without due care and consideration to the
movement and safety of the cyclist.

That's for South Australia. If you're indicating, but stopped, they can pass on the left, but it's not always a good idea.

We need to remember that a bike lane is another lane of traffic. Would you pull across a freeway without checking for traffic coming behind you?

Anyway, regardless of if people are following the law or not, I just try not to hit anyone. It sounds like you do too

Last edited:

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wait, like you are now, all good.

PASSING (OVERTAKING) VEHICLES ON THE LEFT
Whether you are riding in a marked bicycle lane or sharing a
lane with a vehicle, a bicycle rider must not pass or overtake
on the left of any vehicle that is giving a left change of direction
signal and is turning left. A bicycle rider may pass or overtake
a vehicle on the left when the vehicle is giving a left change of
direction signal and is stationary or moving forward to turn left.
Once the vehicle begins turning left the rider must not ride past
or overtake the vehicle on the left.
A driver turning left through a break in a dividing strip must
give way to any cyclist travelling in the bicycle lane. A dividing
strip is a painted area or a raised structure, located between
intersections, separating the bicycle lane from a marked lane.
Drivers must not overtake a cyclist and then turn left in front
of the cyclist’s path without due care and consideration to the
movement and safety of the cyclist.

That's for South Australia

We need to remember that a bike lane is another lane of traffic. Would you pull across a freeway without checking for traffic coming behind you?

Anyway, regardless of if people are following the law or not, I just try not to hit anyone. It sounds like you do too
Cant undertake a car that is indicating to turn left in victoria.

andrew9

Likes Dirt

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This this this^^^

Me and the wife took our kids (6 & 9) to Sydney for their first time a few months back. The wife has pokemon on her phone as it is outright banned on mine.. So here we are at circular key, its a cracking day full of sunshine. The opera house and bridge are in there full glory and my kids are staring at the wife's phone going hypo about how many pokemon are around..
I was flithy about it, here we are in arguably the best harbour in the world with one of the most distinctive buildings in world and pokemon is more fuckin important..
The phone got swiftly removed and banned for the next few days..

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
What pisses me off? People who like the things they want to like, and not the things I want them to like, dammit!

fridgie

Likes Dirt
After fasting and not drinking anything including water all day, followed by waiting over an hour and 45mins for a hospital appointment, finally getting in to see them only to find out some dick head had booked an appointment for me for today which was supposed to be august/september NEXT YEAR.

Had to take the day off work, couldn't really do anything as not allowed to eat/drink after 8am... Really pisses me off!!