eBikes - what's the current perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

NUTTTR

Likes Dirt
That thing has the sort of spec that would make even Big W think..."we could sell thousands of those at $499".

Not [cough] $4,450...faint.
That's also an ugly as f ck bike... What were they thinking? Did they find some old i-beams they could cut up and thought "let's make a bike"??? Seriously wtf...

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
That thing has the sort of spec that would make even Big W think..."we could sell thousands of those at $499".

Not [cough] $4,450...faint.
"But we've got fat tyres to take up some of the slack for the cheapest forks we could find"..... POS.... Surely that thing would have the "Not made for off-road use." stickers all over it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That is a very sad story. I hope the child pulls through.

It goes to highlight the risk of swift silent motorcycles in crowded areas. That said a pedal powered bike could be just as dangerous.

I saw a couple out riding together recently. The fat lady of the pair hooning along on her electric bike while the male attempted to keep up, poorly, on pedal power.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I seen a young bloke with his Dad on my local trails today with a bike that was electric and no pedals at all, Dad was in toe with a normal mountain bike. Every few trails the son would wait for the Dad to catch up.

I got out in front of the little shit and wouldn't let him pass as I get over the crest of a hill I spot two ladies on horses and pull over as I see one of the horses getting a bit nervous, the father by then is right up behind us and the kid wizzes past me with that whirring sound as I see one of the horses starts to stamp it hooves from the noise. The father and son didn't even think twice about passing them.

stirk

Burner
I seen a young bloke with his Dad on my local trails today with a bike that was electric and no pedals at all, Dad was in toe with a normal mountain bike. Every few trails the son would wait for the Dad to catch up.

I got out in front of the little shit and wouldn't let him pass as I get over the crest of a hill I spot two ladies on horses and pull over as I see one of the horses getting a bit nervous, the father by then is right up behind us and the kid wizzes past me with that whirring sound as I see one of the horses starts to stamp it hooves from the noise. The father and son didn't even think twice about passing them.
Ain't no substitute for real horse power, you need to respect that.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Found out who the rider is.... modified black mtb with black full face will give a hint for those in Canberra
Haven't seen that perp around in the north but have seen a dude on a black stealth in belco doing 50+ on the footpath. Really want to coat hanger the prick.

safreek

Haven't seen that perp around in the north but have seen a dude on a black stealth in belco doing 50+ on the footpath. Really want to coat hanger the prick.
As Gary Gilmore said "lets do it" later changed to " just do it " Could this / should this be the punishment for all e-bikers ? or should the e-chair be suitable for such a evil crime as e-biking :rip:
Gilmore-in-chair-242x300.jpg

Ideate

has anyone tried , test ridden on the trails one of theses? https://www.electricbikecentre.com.au/bike/focus-jam²-plus

Grabbed my interest this morning and started my cogs to turn (no pun intended :smow:)

out
Looks similar to all the other current pedal assist bikes = awesome but heavy. My main issue is the spec sheet for the money.. $7k for "RockShox Sector"!! I'll probably get one this year though.. Meride e160, Turbo Levo or a Commecal Power. They all look the goods. To be honest this Focus doesn't look half bad either.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Nah this dude lives down south and commutes along the bike paths and Adelaide Ave into town.
He's also the cunt that passes people at 60-70kph (can tell because he keeps up with traffic in an 80kph zone) with about 10cm gap for no apparent reason. Hence when I found out today who it was, I'm really not surprised at the outcome and seriousness of the injuries to the school kid.

binner

Hath shat hymself
give me tha cassshhhhhh

Looks similar to all the other current pedal assist bikes = awesome but heavy. My main issue is the spec sheet for the money.. $7k for "RockShox Sector"!! I'll probably get one this year though.. Meride e160, Turbo Levo or a Commecal Power. They all look the goods. To be honest this Focus doesn't look half bad either.
yeah , I'm thinking heavy , but the dude seems to throw it around a bit in the couple of vids.....

Status
Not open for further replies.