Little Things You Love

safreek

On the highway yes, don't forget all the extra stuff that turns on an awd drive car and the faster it goes the worse it gets. Most awd cars also have viscous couplings that slips the drive between front and rear, so you are losing 1:1 drive. You're also loading up the electrics with new cars with bigger alternators to drive. Another thing with boosted cars is that they're normally run richer as a safe guard because they're more prone to running lean and damaging the engine when something goes wrong like dirty fuel injectors, they just dump excess fuel in when you accelerate hard. I can remember people just crying to Toyota about the 2003 land cruisers not having manual hubs and being fuel guzzlers with the constant 4wd.
My old pajero gets 20l to the hundred. That makes me sad, In 2wd

safreek

That's an old petrol pooper reving it's arse of the highway, how much would it have used if you threw it into 4wd ?
I shudder to even think how much, pretty shit for a 2.5
To be honest it is where all my spare money goes, would prefer it to go on mtb parts. Do about 350kms a week at 165c a litre. It stops me from being able to save for a more economical car.
A Honda oddessy would suit me and my dog
IMG_20170915_104001.jpg

Burt says hi there

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I shudder to even think how much, pretty shit for a 2.5
To be honest it is where all my spare money goes, would prefer it to go on mtb parts. Do about 350kms a week at 165c a litre. It stops me from being able to save for a more economical car.
A Honda oddessy would suit me and my dog
View attachment 345200
Burt says hi there
Hi Burt. And even though EVERYONE hates the Holden Cruze, my diesel gets 6l/100km around town driving and 5.5 on the highway. With 2 bikes on the towbar.

safreek

Hi Burt. And even though EVERYONE hates the Holden Cruze, my diesel gets 6l/100km around town driving and 5.5 on the highway. With 2 bikes on the towbar.
I must say that's pretty good, I have been slowly coming around to the idea of an oil blower myself, cheaper juice and better mileage.
Used to have a det 20 motor that pulled between 6 and 7 per hundred but it was to smaller car

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I must say that's pretty good, I have been slowly coming around to the idea of an oil blower myself, cheaper juice and better mileage.
Used to have a det 20 motor that pulled between 6 and 7 per hundred but it was to smaller car
I love the mileage. Especially as fuel seems to go up between fill ups. It's fucked.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Did you watch part one?
No. My comment was more along the lines it isn't really a privateer effort...like if you or I were to give it a go and have this guy whip our arses into shape, it's take some serious whipping here! Or even a stock weekend clubby. I've no complaints against the idea or the production of what it is, the journey will be a good story even without it being a privateer.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The point of this series is to show how much *not* being a privateer can improve your riding.
See that is where it all gets confusing. I understand the look how well this guy is riding now he trains like a pro, but the concept as you have described doesn't match the title. I guess if I'd watched the first one this is all spelt out quite clearly. Anyway will be curious to see if being fitter.also gives him a tamp up in tech skills and balls (sends it more). They aren't as easy to build as fitness but come in handy.