What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do you have a favourite? Just changing for changes sake?
Wanna try out a custom tuned shock but of those that I have used on a rune. This is my preference:

1. Ccdb cs - adjustable, amazing small bump
2. Dhx rc4 - bottom out control can run a lighter spring.
3. Jade

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Yeah I’m toying with the idea of buying a knolly warden, cause my scout is VERY stiff and no good on the small bumps so it cooks my back. I get the choice of ccdb, ccdb coil and dhx rc4 im pretty sure. The opinions on the three helps immensely.

Ccdb coil probably be! Hopefully with a climb switch

Flow-Rider

Burner
What didn't you like about Orange seal?
It's getting expensive and the blue stuff seems to be as good as it. I also had the orange sealant sweat out of the tyres a lot more but I don't know why or if it's something I'm doing. I had fair bit of sealant sweat from the side walls when I topped up the second time on a few different tyres.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am rocking two sets of the valves and about due to order my third bottle. Much cheaper to use Azzas sealant though...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For the people using Rubena/Mitas, have you had any significant punctures it has sealed or failed to seal?
I was using normal Stans for a while and got a couple of punctures (maybe 3-4mm) that I thought it should have sealed, but it failed. I then went to Stans Race and that has sealed a couple of similar sized punctures pretty quickly.

Only asking because sometimes people say “this or that sealant is great”, but have never actually seen it in action, aside from pouring it in the tyre, having it seat/seal tubeless, and it still being there in a couple of months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Flow-Rider

Burner
For the people using Rubena/Mitas, have you had any significant punctures it has sealed or failed to seal?
I was using normal Stans for a while and got a couple of punctures (maybe 3-4mm) that I thought it should have sealed, but it failed. I then went to Stans Race and that has sealed a couple of similar sized punctures pretty quickly.

Only asking because sometimes people say “this or that sealant is great”, but have never actually seen it in action, aside from pouring it in the tyre, having it seat/seal tubeless, and it still being there in a couple of months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It works pretty well from what I've seen, a lot of the times I don't even know a hole has been sealed other than the pressure of the tyre is considerably lower and some signs of sealant around the hole. If you're worried about the bigger holes just stick some black glitter in there with the sealant.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Can't say i've had a major hole yet since using the Mitas, but it seems to last a lot longer than the stans i was using.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Ran over a stupid fluffy Yappy Dog.

It came racing out with two mates to give me an earful.

I saw them coming........

I watched them cross the road.......

I realised they weren't stopping. This was no game of chicken, the cyclist must lose an ankle!

"Don't go under there you dumb fuu....."

Thadunk. In behind the front wheel, under the BB, then under the back wheel.

Looked back to see it flat-sprint back across the road, then behind the house they all came out of.

Reluctantly turned around to do the right thing and tell the owner. It was walking fine and still yapping it's stupid head off so I left after the second unanswered knock.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
The droppers on both our bikes spat the collective dummy last weekend, as the central aus red dust had got right in. So, cleaned and lubed the pivots, slickoleumed the seals and replaced the cables. All peachy now. They go down, they go up. Good.