I shall face God and walk backwards into hell, before I...

Ponchoatdirtworks

Likes Dirt
If you did find that there’s a god, you’d want to tell him off for being a worthless piece of shit.

If he can intervene in the world & doesn’t then he’s a sadistic prick. If he can’t intervene, then how is he worthy of worship?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
Na, both pure figments... such a waste of, er, everything
Then your response is paradoxical, given the starting statement.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m as comfortable in my rejection of a diety as any man out there...but if I found myself facing an indisputable god, backing into an indisputable hell...I might be inclined to think I’d fucked up.

Back on topic, I’ll never buy a dedicated pure XC bike.

moorey

call me Mia
If you did find that there’s a god, you’d want to tell him off for being a worthless piece of shit.

If he can intervene in the world & doesn’t then he’s a sadistic prick. If he can’t intervene, then how is he worthy of worship?

Easy to say now, but if you wrong, looking at loved ones with Jebus, and musak piped into heaven, with your back getting hotter with every step back...

Also, I’ll never take a job for money over satisfaction.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Don’t get me wrong, I’m as comfortable in my rejection of a diety as any man out there...but if I found myself facing an indisputable god, backing into an indisputable hell...I might be inclined to think I’d fucked up.

I have to agree with you there.

Well, the first part anyway

Ponchoatdirtworks

Likes Dirt
Easy to say now, but if you wrong, looking at loved ones with Jebus, and musak piped into heaven, with your back getting hotter with every step back...

Also, I’ll never take a job for money over satisfaction.
It’s an easily falsified proposition.
I’m condemned to the lake of fire but all my Christian friends & family will be enjoying paradise in complete bliss but, presumably, knowing I’m roasting?
How can my mother be happy knowing I’m enduring a punishment harsher than any imposed by any tyrant on earth?

moorey

call me Mia
It’s an easily falsified proposition.
I’m condemned to the lake of fire but all my Christian friends & family will be enjoying paradise in complete bliss but, presumably, knowing I’m roasting?
How can my mother be happy knowing I’m enduring a punishment harsher than any imposed by any tyrant on earth?

She’ll get over it once they crank up Kenny G and pull out the bingo.
Also, Jebus is a wizard, and will modify their memories.
This isn’t about your mother, it’s about you, and your unwavering assertion that you’ll knowingly and willingly take eternal agony over bliss. I like to think I’m a man of principal, and would do the same as you say you would. I’m pragmatic enough to admit that it’s probably a lie, if I was faced with the situation.

I’ll never intentionally watch a second of the TDF.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless

I'd like to understand the paradox. Do go on, I'm sure you will.

Because, a thread title is just a thread title and I don't for one nanosecond believe I'll face an indisputable god, or hell, as both are pure bullshit.

But like you, I will also never ever ever buy another dedicated pure xc bike.

Ponchoatdirtworks

Likes Dirt
She’ll get over it once they crank up Kenny G and pull out the bingo.
Also, Jebus is a wizard, and will modify their memories.
This isn’t about your mother, it’s about you, and your unwavering assertion that you’ll knowingly and willingly take eternal agony over bliss. I like to think I’m a man of principal, and would do the same as you say you would. I’m pragmatic enough to admit that it’s probably a lie, if I was faced with the situation.

I’ll never intentionally watch a second of the TDF.
Then it’s a North Korean style of hell. Your minds are erased & you become worthless drones worshipping the dear leader after your re-education.

This is a tyrannical prison camp not paradise.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
If you follow the instruction manual then you've already missed your opportunity for redemption by this time, no further avenue for your objection to be heard.