I shall face God and walk backwards into hell, before I...

Norco Maniac

Is back!
....before I bow to any dick that tells me I can't do something because I don't have a dick. That sky fairy and his brother in red especially.
And by the way, Japanese safety boots and shorts are perfectly acceptable gear to chainsaw in, so long as you're ok with probably losing a limb in some dumb accident...says the woman who almost lost half a hand to bmx racing in full gear and who's been chainsaw certified for 20 years lol

Kind_cir

Likes Dirt
If other peoples opinions of your bike are affecting your headspace, its YOUR headspace, not theirs. Enjoy the outdoors.

Even if it’s on a motorbike :D
Not at all. I know opinions are like aholes. Everyone has one and sometimes they stink.

I do sometimes battle in my head whilst riding, how much I miss the nimbleness of the old steed. Soon forget it when I point it up hill tho.

#brapbrapdingding

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
K_c —- if you need it for your heart, you’re definitely sweet to ride it. Perfect solution. Get out there.

My wife and I rode Harcourt on a weekday not long ago. The only other riders, were an old couple, maybe mid 60’s, not fit... on ebikes. He was on a new pedal assisted +tyre trail bike, and she was on his old bike I reckon, a home brew with the motor in the rear wheel and a throttle. Anyway they got to ride some serious climbs into some nice bush, where no way could they have done it without motors. It was BTW a sensational day. We chatted a bit. Nice people.

Twice they passed us on climbs, and it was dum de dum, pulling over, as he was way in front of her... so had to pull over twice. First world problem... on a weekday, no one there. Might become a PITA on a busy day, when they’re ebiquitous.

And ebikes coming uphill toward you, obviously approach much faster, they can take you by surprise in low vis spots.

Anyway, I’m not a fan, but infirm and/or old, why not?

Last edited:

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Eh, my problem with that is not that they're fast up a climb. It's that now they've got a descent to get down, probably very slowly and possibly dangerously. I know Harcourt isn't gnarly by any means but I'm guessing an e-bike can get people who would otherwise be relegated to the average cycling trail to the top of some steep descents. Actually, that's not my main gripe with them. That belongs to trail access and advocacy.

But anyway, back on topic. My answer is buying an e-bike, I hope to be pedaling my way to the grave