Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
She doesn’t need a second banshee...just something up to 10yo in short travel I can keep under 11kg with her current parts. You know I love me a banshee, but it’s not a girls XC racer.
Is she too tall for those little Norco duallieeeeeeyzzz? I've seen a few junior kids out on them recently and they look like a sweet bike. Though 24 inch I think and $$$$$.

moorey

call me Mia
Is she too tall for those little Norco duallieeeeeeyzzz? I've seen a few junior kids out on them recently and they look like a sweet bike. Though 24 inch I think and $$$$$.
Totes. She’s been on 26” for 4 years. Her XS is getting too short. Feels very comfortable on an older M Superlight, but a more modern S would be perfect.
The 24 are heavy, can’t really be upgraded, and are very aimed at trail and more gravity. She’s got the spitty for that. This is for the occasional XC race and summer dirt crits.
Current rig is like 50mm shorter than the spitty she’s grown accustomed to.

Cheers.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Why it will feel "short" is because even though that's an XS frame, the seat is really low and handle bars are way up there. As you slam the seat the cockpit gets shorter. As her legs get longer and the seat goes up, the cockpit will get longer. Maybe as a stop-gap measure go for a slightly longer stem flipped. For XC at 10-11 years old my girls were still on a 24" frame and they were relatively tall for their age. No idea what the reach was but it made for a confidence inspiring bike. I really regret not having taken more pics...

moorey

call me Mia
That’s a photo from three years ago. She now runs a 4 inch drop her, so the seat is a lot higher, and pretty much level with the bars. Her biggest complaint, is that it feels too low at the front, after riding to Spitfire with 160 mill forks. She is never going to want a full-blown cross-country bike, just something she can pedal around a lot longer and faster on the trials then the Spitfire.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
How tall was she when your daughter started riding that Avanti?

I agree with the limitations on those 24 inch bikes, but nobody males money out of products that can be upgraded and used for years on end...

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If that frame is approaching obsolescence some time soon there Phil, I would like to form a line...
Still a few years from reaching that limit with the current 8 year old. He's also got a little sister 4 years younger that's been inheriting all his old bikes so it might be a little while yet

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Grubs who spit.

Stopped at lights, turned green and off I went only to have some guy come sprinting up to the footpath realize he was about to run in front of cars moving off. I could see his face flaring up and then he slagged across my windscreen. Not enough fluid to wash off that muck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
My daughter trains and competes with a small local gymnastics club, has done for eight years now maybe even more, so they are all like a little family. Over the last twelve months they've had one of the girls injure herself and is now a paraplegic, one girl who lost her father to suicide and now this month another girl just lost her father to cancer, one more whose mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and the head coach had to have open heart surgery after a heart attack. So much sadness to bear on their little shoulders.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
My daughter trains and competes with a small local gymnastics club, has done for eight years now maybe even more, so they are all like a little family. Over the last twelve months they've had one of the girls injure herself and is now a paraplegic, one girl who lost her father to suicide and now this month another girl just lost her father to cancer, one more whose mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and the head coach had to have open heart surgery after a heart attack. So much sadness to bear on their little shoulders.
Well there goes my rant about gym wankers hogging the weights area.

I’m sorry for the girls and families, it’s been an awful year for them.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Heavy times for kids to deal with. It's hard enough facing that stuff as an adult.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
He has been having arguments with the mechanics, and the bosses for some time, because they simply can't get a good setup for him. He loved the BMC bikes and setup. They managed to build him a slick bit of kit.

Of course, he is also a fragile soul. Probably barracks for Port Adelaide, so an acquired brain injury cannot be ruled out.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
There is even more than that, including:
  • The team have been promising that a custom skinsuit (remember he is the world champ in TT) and helmet for the next stage;
  • The bike is slower and can't get the same position as previously on the BMC;
  • Team sponsored wheels are slower, combined with the frame and position, he was looking at a lose of 40sec for the stage;
  • Was in the break on the stage and team called him back so as to "focus" on the next stage;
  • Known to be OCD like about his equipment;
  • Known hothead with anger issues;
  • Rumors about depression;
Mix the above into a big pile of shit and you get what happened on the day.
The fact both he and the team have not spoken further does hint at serious issues. However, neither party has come out and rubbished the other publicly.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
That's heavy.
I hope they all stay close and look after one another. Very sad.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
There is even more than that, including:
  • The team have been promising that a custom skinsuit (remember he is the world champ in TT) and helmet for the next stage;
  • The bike is slower and can't get the same position as previously on the BMC;
  • Team sponsored wheels are slower, combined with the frame and position, he was looking at a lose of 40sec for the stage;
  • Was in the break on the stage and team called him back so as to "focus" on the next stage;
  • Known to be OCD like about his equipment;
  • Known hothead with anger issues;
  • Rumors about depression;
Mix the above into a big pile of shit and you get what happened on the day.
The fact both he and the team have not spoken further does hint at serious issues. However, neither party has come out and rubbished the other publicly.
Talking about the TdF, what the fuck?

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...as-jakob-fuglsang-stage-16-crashes-caleb-ewan

The latest fall for Thomas in this year’s race came as he took a right hand bend after almost 50km of racing. “I just had one hand on the bars and the gears jumped and jammed and I got thrown off my bike on a corner,” he said.