Little Things You Hate

Ackland

chats d'élevage
another first world problem = trying to replace the pad retaining pin on a formula caliper also used by other brands .
Its a weird non standard thing with the threads at the top end.
E bay Price is AUS $5 + postage $31 +import charges $10 sounds expensive for a pissy little bolt currently replaced by a piece of wire shaped like a split pin.
Formula + ebay F*ck you.
Tried emailing the lads at EightyOneSpices distribution?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
And my grammar.
Fernly starts at the end here and links over to Glenrock, doesn't it?
And your local celebrities...fernleigh is named for a local athlete. It is an old train line that runs from (sort of) Adamstown train station out to Belmont in Lake Macquarie. Part of that is through a bit of the glenrock reserve but not close to many of the bike trails. If you've ever wanted to see angry people this place delivers. Nearly everyone that uses the path hates everybody else that uses it.

If people weren't so stupid it would be reopened as a passenger train line.

There is a little bit of cycleway from Adamstown into the "CBD" (I think you moved here for uni?) that can be linked up with a bit of death road riding.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Thanks oddjob and Ackland have emailed them.
ridiculous postage from OS for somethings so small it would fit flat in an envelope.
US privatised postage is absurd.

trailstar

Likes Dirt
And your local celebrities...fernleigh is named for a local athlete.
The Fernleigh Track has nothing to do with Kurt Fearnley

But yes, you're right about it being a place of anger. Fast roadies, cruising bikers, walkers, kids, dogs all on a skinny piece of asphalt

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The Fernleigh Track has nothing to do with Kurt Fearnley

But yes, you're right about it being a place of anger. Fast roadies, cruising bikers, walkers, kids, dogs all on a skinny piece of asphalt
I guess you tell people there's no drop bears as well?

Ahhh. The way I had it described was jump onto the Fernleigh, and then head down to Faul St, and Fernleigh Loop up to the car park and trail head at the top. 2km commute at most. The reason I'd preference the Fernleigh is mainly to keep the 800mm handlebars as far away from a careless driver's mirrors as possible.
Without knowing your location, but let's assume close to Adamstown train station, that is roughly how I'd get there. You come up off the furry track (just after the tunnel) and take footpath exit up a dog leg on your left into a cul-de-sac. You'll see a footpath that runs up to the highway alongside some houses. I prefer that than heading up Faul Street etc. When you hit the highway turn left and you can ride footpath for a few hundred metres to the towers and water tanks at the trail head.

From a lot of other parts of Adamstown Bunker road is faster, just exit the street before the big bend at the top and ride the trail that goes around the wierd isolated house.

I misunderstood and thought you were going to ride Fernleigh into town. Which isn't how it works.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Person fills out contact box etc. Then you call to help and they flat out deny or never answer. Why do you bother filling details out for to be called if you don't want help or to be called. why people, why. No one is making you fill the fking form out.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Person fills out contact box etc. Then you call to help and they flat out deny or never answer. Why do you bother filling details out for to be called if you don't want help or to be called. why people, why. No one is making you fill the fking form out.
Because you missed a ? in there.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I'm sure if that kind of thing was around when I was a teen I would have had you calling my mates for shits and giggles.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
I'm sure if that kind of thing was around when I was a teen I would have had you calling my mates for shits and giggles.
Get the occasional need sex one, and we had from a kid at a school doing a project on buying homes. I reckon the teacher was just getting kids to do personal work.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
LTIH: Seeing Ambulances and Police cars on the side of the road next to a trail...although I will have little sympathy if the recipient of all the attention is one of the bunnies I saw banging and crashing down The Mistress helmetless on Kmart hardtails.

Last edited:

safreek

LTIH: pious hypocrites like Mack Horton, too piss weak to comment on an Aussie doper. Yeah, I know she hasn't been found guilty but he could of at least made a statement like " if she is convicted of doping I would be very disappointed in her"
Turns out he isn't the hero he makes himself out to be, cowards who criticise strangers but won't hold their own teammates to the same lofty standards really suck, harder than a packetty with no gear

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
LTIH: pious hypocrites like Mack Horton, too piss weak to comment on an Aussie doper. Yeah, I know she hasn't been found guilty but he could of at least made a statement like " if she is convicted of doping I would be very disappointed in her"
Turns out he isn't the hero he makes himself out to be, cowards who criticise strangers but won't hold their own teammates to the same lofty standards really suck, harder than a packetty with no gear
From what I saw they had literally just heard the news and wouldn’t comment without knowing details. Old mate the Chinese doper is an ongoing case and they have all known about it for some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

safreek

From what I saw they had literally just heard the news and wouldn’t comment without knowing details. Old mate the Chinese doper is an ongoing case and they have all known about it for some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with you that they only found out, but, he is always mouthing about doping so to not even answer the reporters was a bit week. When they tell us what the drug/ prohibited substance was it will be easier for us all to judge

safreek

I agree with you that they only found out, but, he is always mouthing about doping so to not even answer the reporters was a bit week. When they tell us what the drug/ prohibited substance was it will be easier for us all to judge
Well, turns out to be "ligandrol " very effective for strength building . If any of you don't know about sarms they are a selective androgenic drugs, they target only muscles without the side effects of normal steroids. There is no other use for them except to enhance performance. I have used lgd and gained well in strength and muscle gain.
Seems like she thought there were no way of detecting them, there is.
Now, let's wait and see who she blames.
I am an Aussie but am ashamed of the way our sportspeople and public are quick to point fingers at athletes from other nations but all squeal like pigs when called out

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
I agree Freeker.
If she is a proper drug cheat then she's no better than all the Russian, Chinese or any other cheats.
Burn the witch.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

safreek

I agree Freeker.
If she is a proper drug cheat then she's no better than all the Russian, Chinese or any other cheats.
Burn the witch.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
Apparently Horton heard a who. Make him flare the stake fire, he should be proud to destroy a drug cheat. Still waiting on words from him, think we will be waiting forever, fucken little sook

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can relate, we lived in Nhulunbuy for ten years, not a single traffic light, and four cars = heavy traffic, four years back in 'civilisation' and I still loathe traffic and cities. I'm glad my work routine avoids peak hour commuting.

Reactions: Zaf

stirk

Burner
Literally a little thing I hate, bent hangers.
I can't recall a big hit on the derailleur, sure there are some nice scuffs on it but to bend this little tough billet hanger would Munt the derailleur Shirley?

The original hanger was made of cheese and lasted 6 months, this north shore billet one has lasted longer but I'm wondering if it just bends over time.

If I soak in Loctite overnight will it straighten up?