What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Not really for chain suck. More for if I bend a chainring tooth or get some crud jammed in there, the frame won’t get abused.

And had to ditch the Giant bottle cage for a Specialized one, Giant didn’t quite work:

Full sized bottle, OneUp pump tool plus piggyback shock. It can be done, other manufacturers...
And a steep seat tube! The amount of manufacturers that are still running in the 73-74 deg range astounds (and frustrates) me.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I could only manage 45 minutes today as several times I felt light headed and a bit nauseous.

I'm not sick but someone suggested dehydration. Are those common symptoms?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Sounds plausible. In 45 minutes you can still lose plenty of water to sweat and evaporation, especially in the warmer months.

Also have a think about what you eat before you ride, you want to have a bit of fuel in the tank once you're on the trails. I find a light-ish meal like an omlette pre-ride (plus 45min drive to trails) surprisingly good biking food, (really carb-laden foods like pasta just makes me feel bloated), and I like eating a banana right before I start riding (no pun intended for the gutter-minded folk like myself out there...).

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I could only manage 45 minutes today as several times I felt light headed and a bit nauseous.

I'm not sick but someone suggested dehydration. Are those common symptoms?
If you’ve felt light headed and nauseas several times within 45 minutes then it’s unlikely to be dehydration from the ride itself.

If you were dehydrated prior, maybe but maybe not.

Take it easy for a couple of days, maybe you are getting something. If not, try again and if it happens again with decent food and drink prior then see the doctor I reckon.

Last edited:

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Thanks for the tips! I started on an empty stomach this morning and drank too much lemonade last night.
Sounds like you might've been dehydrated
before your ride today.

Here's a useful "piss chart" that shows you might think you are hydrated but in reality you probably aren't.

I see these at most of the worksites I travel to for my job.

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
Bought a rack! Kiiiinda has room for two bikes if the back bikes forks are jammed into the spare tyre. Not ideal, I'll try a hitch extender or get something fabbed up but at least I can go for solo rides! Now I just need one of those shotgun kid seats and I'll be riding every day with the young fella.

mooboyj

Likes Dirt

So an 11-50 Sunrace cassette, new chain and 30 tooth chainring made there way to my bike.

Non scientific riding around my yard and the street and it all fees good. Needed some B screw adjustment mostly for the 42 tooth ring as the derailleur rubbed against it! I used all 114 links in the chain.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
View attachment 359971

So an 11-50 Sunrace cassette, new chain and 30 tooth chainring made there way to my bike.

View attachment 359972

Non scientific riding around my yard and the street and it all fees good. Needed some B screw adjustment mostly for the 42 tooth ring as the derailleur rubbed against it! I used all 114 links in the chain.
did you drop the air out of the rear shock to see if you will have enough chain length under full shock compression?