COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

binner

Hath shat hymself
My first thought exactly. I can still smell that feint whiff!

now excuse me whilst I go throw up in my desk drawer.
I didn't tell my daughters about the art work until I timed it just perfect on the "dump" time and had them come around the corner to see ...ohh man their faces and how they reacted were priceless, I was trying to be tough to the stench but it got me after a few mins, was almost hurl time... I made a rush to the bar to fix things :p:p:D:D:)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well now you've got me trying to remember what the woman shitting in the bath tub was called? Blue waffles, lemon party, etc etc...

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I do feel that the media are making this worse by concentrating on the panic-buying, death tolls and total spread when we're starting to get a more accurate picture of the virus' effects. This graph - for instance - is buried in the middle of yet another fear-inducing article about pandemics in the Fairfax papers. I first saw it yesterday in another story regarding how children seem to be immune to the worst effects of the virus (0 fatalities so far worldwide) which I think would be welcome news for most parents. Shame none that I know are even aware of it...

It also paints a different picture regarding the 3% mortality rate as it's not a concern for most of us and I dare say we would be better served trying to ensure our elderly are more protected instead of panic-buying dunny-paper and calling for total border lockdown.

* graph sourced from this story

Flow-Rider

Burner
So do we start reading the Murdoch paper and buy shares in dunny paper ? The people in this country are becoming a joke of the globe.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I do feel that the media are making this worse by concentrating on the panic-buying, death tolls and total spread when we're starting to get a more accurate picture of the virus' effects. This graph - for instance - is buried in the middle of yet another fear-inducing article about pandemics in the Fairfax papers. I first saw it yesterday in another story regarding how children seem to be immune to the worst effects of the virus (0 fatalities so far worldwide) which I think would be welcome news for most parents. Shame none that I know are even aware of it...

It also paints a different picture regarding the 3% mortality rate as it's not a concern for most of us and I dare say we would be better served trying to ensure our elderly are more protected instead of panic-buying dunny-paper and calling for total border lockdown.

View attachment 360773
* graph sourced from this story
Graph needs to concentrate more on the boomers.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I just want work to send me home for two weeks... I have a car to reassemble and lot of riding to do and netflix to watch and beer to drink. Its the least I can do :)

Jpez

Down on the left!
Those guys are just entrepreneurs.
Next week you’ll see them walking the streets in trench coats.
As you walk past they’ll spring open the coat and there’ll be a whole selection of dunny rolls to choose from. Pssst, Mate you looking for some roll? I got the best.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Start coughing like mad. :D
I worked with an arsehole that had whooping cough. He came to work coughing his arse off for a bit over a week before he decided to see a doctor. Then when he decided to take some sock leave, none of his team members or cube farm associates were advised of his illness. This included 2 pregnant women. He had caught it from...his fucking kids. It's not like he didn't have a reasonable suspicion! Infectious shit like that is meant to be advised etc to people who have been exposed to the risk. That was the federal public service of course. Some mindless low level executive who thought his work was more important than the health and safety of his colleagues.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I worked with an arsehole that had whooping cough. He came to work coughing his arse off for a bit over a week before he decided to see a doctor. Then when he decided to take some sock leave, none of his team members or cube farm associates were advised of his illness. This included 2 pregnant women. He had caught it from...his fucking kids. It's not like he didn't have a reasonable suspicion! Infectious shit like that is meant to be advised etc to people who have been exposed to the risk. That was the federal public service of course. Some mindless low level executive who thought his work was more important than the health and safety of his colleagues.
This is still fucking rife in the public service, drives me fucking nuts. I've had some seriously nasty flus from some filthy fuck who imported a disease caught from their horrid spawn and trotted around work.