COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yep, high country was stuffed. B/bro well down at the start. Just came through SE south Oz and plenty of not so flash scenes. Penfolds and accolade had the best vine health, but crop were pretty small. Might be good times for port.
It's always a good time for fortifieds!

It was a crap season. Worst I've seen anyway
Move over peated whisky, it's time for smokey wines!

I have no confidence they will get past the water step. Turning on the oven you haven't used in years is challenging.....
You can always resort to the 2 tried and true cooking methods most people know...frying and bbqing.

Cool.

Can I still mix it with my drinks?
Sure can! Gives it a nice spritz feel.

...and I'm fresh home from a pedal, some coffee, and a in through the grocery store. It turns out that my previous assessments of the local scene require updating. The Woolworths has been pretty busy. Fuck all meat left, but lots of fresh fruit and veg...people must be trying to jam up their systems to reduce toilet paper use? Rice pasta etc low but available. Lots of cereal options. I forgot why I was there and got some condensed milk bananas yoghurt butter and frozen raspberries....then got home and remembered I need toothpaste. That'll be the next thing, I hope. That and soap.

Cauliflower is pretty $$$$ at the moment. It as like $10 for a head of it the size of by fist.

Still toilet paper on offer but it is down to 1 pack per purchase.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences

You can always resort to the 2 tried and true cooking methods most people know...frying and bbqing.

...and I'm fresh home from a pedal, some coffee, and a in through the grocery store. It turns out that my previous assessments of the local scene require updating. The Woolworths has been pretty busy. Fuck all meat left, but lots of fresh fruit and veg...people must be trying to jam up their systems to reduce toilet paper use? Rice pasta etc low but available. Lots of cereal options. I forgot why I was there and got some condensed milk bananas yoghurt butter and frozen raspberries....then got home and remembered I need toothpaste. That'll be the next thing, I hope. That and soap.

Cauliflower is pretty $$$$ at the moment. It as like $10 for a head of it the size of by fist.

My local Coles and Woolies (middle suburbs Perth) were completely out of mince, pasta, pasta sauce, rice, baked beans, two minute noodles, TP, tissues, hand sanitizer, soap and cereal. Probably out of more than that but they were the things on my list I couldn't get. Managed to load up on hot cross buns, snags and chocolate so not going to starve in the immediate future.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Well this idea is spreading:

http://instagr.am/p/B9zVgk1ggJJ/
Comment:

@ibiscycles at the moment, nobody can go out for walking, running, biking... Only for buy food, pharmacy, pet walks but near home,... This is the reality today. It is the only way to protect the public health system and not collapse it. Thanks and be safe! I hope will ride our bike soon. A hug!
Not sure where this chap lives, I think I read somewhere Austria was enacting something like this.

MARKL

Eats Squid
France has now suspended bills and rents, same as Italy. Britain is instead going with 'herd immunity'. Shows the benefit of Brexit and not having to take instruction from/work with Brussels...

safreek

France has now suspended bills and rents, same as Italy. Britain is instead going with 'herd immunity'. Shows the benefit of Brexit and not having to take instruction from/work with Brussels...
I'm in for suspension of rents and bills, fuck the wealthy landed gentry :eek:

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Yep things are getting really serious now.First it was the Apple stores closing ,now Ibis demos.
Its a bit like Xmas wishes from big companies = an infomercial.

safreek

Yep things are getting really serious now.First it was the Apple stores closing ,now Ibis demos.
Its a bit like Xmas wishes from big companies = an infomercial.
How in the fuck will we survive without apple stores, life as we know it will crumble :p

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
talked to a couple of parents at school today - one said he's had to lay a couple of guys off their subbing business. a florest is stuck with no major events and 5K a month in rent. A lot of places are going to go to the wall very fast. home day care is on a knife edge - people are keeping their kids close and any sign of infection ill shut them down completely

safreek

talked to a couple of parents at school today - one said he's had to lay a couple of guys off their subbing business. a florest is stuck with no major events and 5K a month in rent. A lot of places are going to go to the wall very fast. home day care is on a knife edge - people are keeping their kids close and any sign of infection ill shut them down completely
Banks need to give investors a break so they can give businesses a break. No-one wins with empty stores

safreek

But on the good side of it, should be lots of good cheap bikes up for sale as jobs drop off
Certainly wouldn't like to be selling luxury items at the moment.
Let me ask. Who needs to drop a karpiel real cheap, I have toilet paper, mince, pasta and a litre of metho to make your hand sanitizer, can chuck in some aloe gel to make the handmade easier on the hands. Pm me;)
Could possibly do a deal if you have super monsters :oops:

slowmick

38-39"
The tech guys from the entertainment industry are all hurting now. most of the work is casual and show to show and now most venues in Melbourne have gone dark. They aren't panic buying toilet paper as many live week to week.

The owner of the child care where our daughter attends has said that an outbreak at the centre would close the business. :(

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt

no one is going to restaurants so pork price crashes yet shelves are bare. supply, or rather logistics, will shuffle about and we'll get past the shortages, so long as you have a job or savings. just have to keep myself from checking super balances.

Flow-Rider

Burner

Been told all the deep freezers have been bought up, I hope they turn the power off in intervals on these pricks.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Perhaps the UK approach will be the right one long term.
Well the UK will probably come out of this the fastest. Their citizens will bounce back and then as their economy goes up they will be n a position to buy up all the cheap stuff.