Tubeless Rim Tape

Flow-Rider

Burner
That blue bear shit sucks so bad in all forms. Just go to your local industrial supplies or auto one and get the 25mm gorilla tape. Sure, its a pain in the ass to re apply but at least your wheels hold pressure for more than 3 days...
I've had very little issues with it, each to their own I suppose.

moorey

call me Mia
I've had very little issues with it, each to their own I suppose.
Same. One bizarre hope rim that NOTHING stuck too...despite cleaning with isopropyl and even scuffing up with emery paper...otherwise it’s been as good as anything else, and 1/4 the price. Only swapped due to wanting something wider.

moorey

call me Mia
I thought people were saying there was not much of it around anymore, easier for me to buy it online.
They are.
There isn’t.
It probably is.
I hope you’re sitting down...I was just being a dick.
It’s probably just changed names/colour TBH, I’ll have a look next visit.

Planning to try this at some stage. Also comes in 36mm. Hopefully less sticky than gorilla.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/152816708444

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
That blue bear shit sucks so bad in all forms. Just go to your local industrial supplies or auto one and get the 25mm gorilla tape. Sure, its a pain in the ass to re apply but at least your wheels hold pressure for more than 3 days...
I've used both (still have a roll of each) and haven't had any issues with the blue...over time the Gorilla seems to absorb sealant and turn into a gooey mess on the rim and is a PIA to remove and re-apply.

I like that you can tear the Gorilla along its length and it does stick to carbon and weirdly shaped rims nicely, but otherwise prefer the blue.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
agreed, bunnings stopped sticking it though, a bike store charged me 20 for a roll

Shredden

Knows his goats
My Process came with the rims already wrapped for tubeless and had some valves in the box with it too. I pulled the tubes out and chucked the valves in, got both tires to seat fine using my hand pump. Front one has stayed up but back has lost about 20psi over 3 days. I suspect the rim tape might not be wrapped right on the back - would a safe bet be just to do 2 laps around with electrical tape on top of the existing rim tape in there? Considering it doesn't actually have to cover the valve holes etc.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
My Process came with the rims already wrapped for tubeless and had some valves in the box with it too. I pulled the tubes out and chucked the valves in, got both tires to seat fine using my hand pump. Front one has stayed up but back has lost about 20psi over 3 days. I suspect the rim tape might not be wrapped right on the back - would a safe bet be just to do 2 laps around with electrical tape on top of the existing rim tape in there? Considering it doesn't actually have to cover the valve holes etc.
Fill it with water

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Chuck a tube in and pump up to 40ish psi then leave overnight. Should hopefully help seal the tape.

Jpez

Down on the left!
My bet is the valve is screwed in too tight deforming the o ring. 20psi over 3 days is not much so you might not see any obvious leakage with the spot test.