Tubeless Rim Tape

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
IIRC - The ones I saw when I was last at Bunnings were all a different material of either cloth tapes, or a thin paper tape. The classic thin plastic "outdoor" tape we all love has been gone from my store for at least a couple of months now. There's a plastic 3M exterior tape that works okay, but is fiddlier to apply due it's rippled texture (and only comes in 35mm width from what I've seen).

moorey

call me Mia
Both the blue and yellow were 35mm. I like that, coz I run one set of 35mm, but mostly 30mm. Took me 5 minutes with a blade to tr the whole roll down to the exact width I wanted.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
No mention of moisture resistance.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
That stuff is really hard and very low adhesive. Ironically it's woeful when trying to use it with the Fratelli/Spank rims it was "designed for". It's a P.I.T.A to install and doesn't seal as well as bear or the 3M options Moorey or myself have been using.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
No mention of moisture resistance.
prepare to be schooled, polyimide does have some natural water absorption, though is highly heat & (most) chemical resistant, i believe commercial products use an additive to improve water resistance

moorey

call me Mia
prepare to be schooled, polyimide does have some natural water absorption, though is highly heat & (most) chemical resistant, i believe commercial products use an additive to improve water resistance
I stopped reading after the first word when you didn’t use a capital P.

stirk

Burner
A couple of months ago I looked online and in-store in the usual section one might find the blue bear tape and it was in the
I purchased some of the new 3M exterior yellow tape from Bunnings, no good. You can still get the old stuff here
https://www.megaofficesupplies.com....e-for-exterior-surfaces-2097-36ec-36mmx41-1m/
My favourite is the Bear brand which comes in 30mm width but that also seems to be discontinued, lucky I've got 5 rolls of it.
5 rolls would last me a life time!

I did my rims in the bear tape years ago, still going strong. I suspect the tape has chemically merged with the alloy by now!