Little Things You Hate

ausdb

Being who he is
I remember a lecturer at uni explaining the proclivities of the Antechinus in non PC days, I think it went something along the lines of "this one is an interesting species the males basically fvck themself to death"

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I remember a lecturer at uni explaining the proclivities of the Antechinus in non PC days, I think it went something along the lines of "this one is an interesting species the males basically fvck themself to death"
He was a Roman? Must have been old.

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
The meat sock is so scared of every phone message, it might be the fact that the fat fucks father has passed off this mortal coil..... 2020 has been (for this shit stain) a year of losing friends to cancer, watching friends battle cancer... watching friends succumb to the pressure of, well life.. losing father to time and having to deal with the fact there are voices inside...

Time is no more than a conceptional tool. The past is only a network of memories.. and the future is an illusion created by those memories. That's all it is.

But fuck it is a solid turd to digest..

s

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
The meat sock is so scared of every phone message, it might be the fact that the fat fucks father has passed off this mortal coil..... 2020 has been (for this shit stain) a year of losing friends to cancer, watching friends battle cancer... watching friends succumb to the pressure of, well life.. losing father to time and having to deal with the fact there are voices inside...

Time is no more than a conceptional tool. The past is only a network of memories.. and the future is an illusion created by those memories. That's all it is.

But fuck it is a solid turd to digest..

s
That's a sewer of turds. I lost my mum to cancer some years ago, and I took some solace from being a little ray of sunshine for her. I still get a warm feeling taking my boys to go and see her at the cemetary.

Thankfully here's one turd you won't have to swallow.
https://m.pinkbike.com/news/review-fsas-gradient-off-road-wider29-wheelset.html
Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to have 24 straight pull spokes on a gravity wheel set? Hambini is right, the cycling companies are clueless.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
28 was stupid enough.

Edit: $250 cheaper (with no warranty) than SC reserve wheels (lifetime warranty). Sign me up.

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
Sigh - need a part to put the hardtail back together for a ride this weekend coming - only place I can find the part is in Victorian shop that lately seems to take forever to get delivery from - decided to pay the $15 extra fee for express shipping - annnnddddd didn’t even get shipped today - paid $15 extra to not see it for a week like normal - sigh

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Surely there is grounds for "please refund my $15?" ? I never pay for express shipping but I see it a lot on here that people do and then get fucked over by the retailer.

Minlak

custom titis
Surely there is grounds for "please refund my $15?" ? I never pay for express shipping but I see it a lot on here that people do and then get fucked over by the retailer.
I usually don’t pay it anymore but really need the part so thought this would be the solution - some shops are awesome about it - this shop in particular has slowly slipped in the shipping department and I now only order from them if I absolutely have to

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I usually don’t pay it anymore but really need the part so thought this would be the solution - some shops are awesome about it - this shop in particular has slowly slipped in the shipping department and I now only order from them if I absolutely have to
Australian retailers tend to excel at weak game.

Scott_W

Likes Bikes
When the 'expert' paid to do the job stuffs it up.
The cheap DH bike I bought had receipts for the forks being rebuilt. The seals and everything look mint and it works nicely, so seems OK.

I figured that since then, someone had been tinkering and had the front wheel off since as there was grease all over the bottom of the fork, the end of the axle and the hub. Also the pinch bolts that hold the 20mm axle were all in upside down, so were doing absolutely nothing. (They were extremely tight in the now stripped steel retainers too, so had been way overtightened, probably because the axle was still moving around.)

On the weekend I went for a ride with a mate who's just had the first free service done on his bike at the same shop. It had the same colour grease all over the frame around the rear axle, leading me to think that it's highly likely the same shop was responsible for all the grease and the upside down bolts. My mate wasn't impressed as they has managed to botch something on his bike too that luckily he was able to rectify himself.

Bikes aren't that hard to pull apart and put back together. There are a few tricky parts, but the shops shouldn't be stuffing up the easy bits...

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Theres no formalisation in training or industry standard on wrenching bikes. If you hold the tools, you can claim mechanic status, which makes it a real luck of the draw thing with regards to quality of worksmanship.

Suspensiom servicing is at least formalised through distribution networks and licensing. Think that's why it you know a good mechanic, use them. Even if they don't rench directly, they're still overseeing those that do and have a work ethic and knowledge base to enforce or tap into.

General rule of thumb i have is to assume everyone is incompetent until proven or reported otherwise by a reliable source. Not too bad a life lesson either.
Woohoo, I'm a mechanic! Send me your bikes... I don't know anything about suspensiom though sadly.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Theres no formalisation in training or industry standard on wrenching bikes. If you hold the tools, you can claim mechanic status, which makes it a real luck of the draw thing with regards to quality of worksmanship.

Suspensiom servicing is at least formalised through distribution networks and licensing. Think that's why it you know a good mechanic, use them. Even if they don't rench directly, they're still overseeing those that do and have a work ethic and knowledge base to enforce or tap into.

General rule of thumb i have is to assume everyone is incompetent until proven or reported otherwise by a reliable source. Not too bad a life lesson either.
Formalisation of training doesn't make getting a competant automotive mechanic any less of a gamble...